cinema camera 6k

The place for questions about shooting with Blackmagic Cameras.
  • Author

David Claverie

cinema camera 6k

PostFri Jul 31, 2020 7:12 pm

Hi all
i have a question before buy this camera BPD 6k
How many source audio we can have on record
the 2 ambiance mic + the XLR + the mini jack do 4 tracks on ReCORD?
Thanks
BMD Atem Constellation 8K
BMD Atem 2 M/E Advanced panel 20
BMD Atem 1 M/E Production Studio 4K
BMD Atem Television strudio Pro 4K
BMD Atem Control Camera Panel
BMD Camera mini URSA
BMD Camera 6K
BMD Studio camera 4K
BMD Studio Converter

Joshua_G

Re: cinema camera 6k

PostFri Jul 31, 2020 7:55 pm

The BPCC 6K can record internally only up to 2 audio channels. The audio source(s) can be 1 or 2 of the camera's internal microphone(s), or line level input from the 3.5 mm stereo input, or 1 or 2 self-powered external microphones from the 3.5 mm stereo input, or 1 line level input from the mini-XLR input, or 1 microphone from the mini-XLR input - with or without phantom power.
The chosen input(s), or the various inputs can be directed either to L recording channel, or to R recording channel, or to both.
DaVinci Resolve Studio (latest stable) / Windows 10 Pro x64 / AMD 1920X / 32GB RAM / RX Vega56 8G.
BMPCC 6K + BMPCC 6K Pro.
Retired electronics technician and sound engineer, long-time amateur photographer, beginner hobbyist filmmaker for personal uses.

Ellory Yu

PostSat Aug 01, 2020 2:54 am

Technically speaking, if you feed a line level input to the mini-XLR from a mixer, you can have as many audio sources as your mixer allows and from it. On set, we just get a in-line feed from our audio person and plug it into the mini-XLR, and let the audio guys deal with all source audio setup. :)
URSA Mini Pro 4.6K G2, Blackmagic Design Pocket Cinema Camera 6K, Panasonic GH5
PC Workstation Core I7 64Gb, 2 x AMD R9 390X 8Gb, Blackmagic Design DeckLink 4K Mini Monitor, Windows 10 Pro 64-bit, Resolve Studio 18, BM Micro Panel & Speed Editor

Joshua_G

PostSat Aug 01, 2020 5:47 pm

Yet, within the camera, only 2 tracks (or, actually, 1 stereo track) is being recorded.
DaVinci Resolve Studio (latest stable) / Windows 10 Pro x64 / AMD 1920X / 32GB RAM / RX Vega56 8G.
BMPCC 6K + BMPCC 6K Pro.
Retired electronics technician and sound engineer, long-time amateur photographer, beginner hobbyist filmmaker for personal uses.

Ellory Yu

PostSun Aug 02, 2020 7:31 am

Joshua_G wrote:Yet, within the camera, only 2 tracks (or, actually, 1 stereo track) is being recorded.

That's right and not sure if that is unfortunate. For what we've been using it, it's more for scratch only. All audio tracks are provided externally and assembled in post using time-code sync.
URSA Mini Pro 4.6K G2, Blackmagic Design Pocket Cinema Camera 6K, Panasonic GH5
PC Workstation Core I7 64Gb, 2 x AMD R9 390X 8Gb, Blackmagic Design DeckLink 4K Mini Monitor, Windows 10 Pro 64-bit, Resolve Studio 18, BM Micro Panel & Speed Editor

carlomacchiavello

PostSun Aug 02, 2020 8:35 am

I had from many years a tascam dr70, 4 input mono (or dual stereo) recording, that mixed go to my cameras, later in editing I had a clean audio tracks on video with simple auto sinc with four channel recorded from tascam.

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk

rick.lang

PostSun Aug 02, 2020 3:01 pm

Ellory, I’ve moved to recording client work externally on the MixPre-6 II. I ‘think’ the test I did about the BMVA12G7 monitor was recorded using the internal BMPCC4K on the camera’s scratch mics which are decent for that stuff.

I should do a recording feeding the audio from the MixPre directly to the camera and another test feeding audio from the MixPre to the BMVA12G7. But I don’t have a studio that would eliminate ambient sound unfortunately. There are ALWAYS electrical things running somewhere or one of my neighbours is running construction machinery and a gardener is cutting grass while an ambulance rushes by at the only quiet moment of the day it seems!

Someone else on this forum just might have access to a sound studio...
Rick Lang

Jamie LeJeune

PostMon Aug 03, 2020 4:26 am

Joshua_G wrote:Yet, within the camera, only 2 tracks (or, actually, 1 stereo track) is being recorded.
Worth noting that it is possible to record those two channels, and still take in external timecode too.
Super useful when needed.
www.cinedocs.com
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm4601572/

Joshua_G

PostMon Aug 03, 2020 9:52 am

Jamie LeJeune wrote:
Worth noting that it is possible to record those two channels, and still take in external timecode too.
Super useful when needed.
Indeed. The camera can by sync'd, or jam-sync'd, from an external Time Code source and separately record audio at the same time.
BMPCC 6K + BMPCC 6K Pro.

Return to Cinematography