Micro 4/3 Lens Recommendation

The place for questions about shooting with Blackmagic Cameras.
  • Author

taylorb

Micro 4/3 Lens Recommendation

PostSat Aug 01, 2020 3:49 pm

We livestream our church service using 2 BlackMagic Studio Camera 4K and until recently they were both very far from stage (50ft plus) so we had some big zoom lenses. We just moved one to the front row and the shots look great but the big lens is limiting us because we have to leave it zoomed out the entire time and we are still very close up for most shots.

I don't know much about cameras or lenses so I am looking for a lens that would have some zoom capabilities and work best for shots 10-20ft with a low f stop.

rick.lang

Re: Micro 4/3 Lens Recommendation

PostSun Aug 02, 2020 3:57 am

You may require a cinema parfocal lens. If you would like something with a native µFT mount, try the Fujinon MK 18-55mm T2.9 zoom.
Rick Lang

John Brawley

PostSun Aug 02, 2020 2:26 pm

taylorb wrote:We livestream our church service using 2 BlackMagic Studio Camera 4K and until recently they were both very far from stage (50ft plus) so we had some big zoom lenses. We just moved one to the front row and the shots look great but the big lens is limiting us because we have to leave it zoomed out the entire time and we are still very close up for most shots.

I don't know much about cameras or lenses so I am looking for a lens that would have some zoom capabilities and work best for shots 10-20ft with a low f stop.

Can you detail which lenses you have already ?

JB
John Brawley ACS
Cinematographer
Currently - Los Angeles

aaronheath

PostMon Nov 09, 2020 9:12 pm

Are you using a MFT Adapter on your camera? I am trying to figure out which lens to get for us right now.

Return to Cinematography