Atem mini ISO recording with project

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

Trevor Asquerthian

Atem mini ISO recording with project

PostSat Aug 01, 2020 12:51 pm

https://www.blackmagicdesign.com/products/atemmini

Interesting development... atem mini that records up to 5 feeds & iso audio and saves a daVinci sequence with the cuts (demo: https://downloads.blackmagicdesign.com/ ... roject.zip - requires latest version it seems)

Seems a bit bizarre that it isn't a multicam project, and the audio clips aren't merged (how do you do that in Resolve - equivalent to autosync in Avid?)

We were promised this by Quantel in 1992... still waiting on a decent implementation of it (although the EVS Directors Cut version was pretty cool tbf).

Jason Conrad

Re: Atem mini ISO recording with project

PostSat Aug 01, 2020 6:38 pm

Is ISO in this context a term that BMD made up? Because it really annoys me that it doesn't have anything to do with the International Organization for Standards, which really annoys me that their name transposes the "S" and the "O" with their acronym, when *THEY'RE* the people we're supposed to trust with standardizing everything!
-MacBook Pro (14,3) i7 2.9 GHz 16 GB, Intel 630, AMD 560 x1
-[DR 17.0 Beta9]

roger.magnusson

PostSat Aug 01, 2020 9:04 pm

Iso (isolated) audio tracks is an existing term so I wouldn't waste any energy being annoyed by it. :D

Trevor Asquerthian

PostSun Aug 02, 2020 6:34 am

Jason Conrad wrote:Is ISO in this context a term that BMD made up? Because it really annoys me that it doesn't have anything to do with the International Organization for Standards, which really annoys me that their name transposes the "S" and the "O" with their acronym, when *THEY'RE* the people we're supposed to trust with standardizing everything!

Nope iso is an industry standard abbreviation for isolated recordings.

Jim Simon

PostSun Aug 02, 2020 4:00 pm

All capitals is uncommon in this context as that normally refers to the exposure setting. I usually see it as "iso recording". Or maybe Iso.
My Biases:

You NEED training.
You NEED a desktop.
You NEED a calibrated (non-computer) display.

Return to DaVinci Resolve