Jump to: Board index » General » Fusion

Problems with paint tool in Fusion 9.0

Learn about 3D compositing, animation, broadcast design and VFX workflows.
  • Author

daniel.partzsch

Problems with paint tool in Fusion 9.0

PostThu Oct 05, 2017 9:47 am

Does anybody else have problems with the paint tool? I am trying to clone parts of the image and somehow it's only occasionally working or already defined strokes disappear again after a while or it's just not rendering at all anymore (freeze frame)...

Sander de Regt

Re: Problems with paint tool in Fusion 9.0

PostThu Oct 05, 2017 11:28 am

This is probably because you're using the 'multistroke' brush. This is - by design - a brush that only lasts for a single frame, since it was primarily intended for 'dust busting' in the past.
If you want to have strokes with longer duration you have to select the normal 'stroke' or any other option. If this doesn't help, than something else might be the culprit.
Sander de Regt

ShadowMaker SdR
The Netherlands

daniel.partzsch

PostThu Oct 05, 2017 12:46 pm

Sander de Regt wrote:This is probably because you're using the 'multistroke' brush. This is - by design - a brush that only lasts for a single frame, since it was primarily intended for 'dust busting' in the past.
If you want to have strokes with longer duration you have to select the normal 'stroke' or any other option. If this doesn't help, than something else might be the culprit.

Thanks four your answer but no, that's unfortunately not the reason. I was using Multistroke brush before but figured out already that you have to use the normal brush instead. This is basically also working but it really seems, that there are some bugs or so, since the stroke modifiers just disappear after a while. Sometimes I get the feeling it has to do something with when you're doing an Undo in the project but I can't figure out why exactly...:(

Sander de Regt

PostThu Oct 05, 2017 12:49 pm

Sorry, I couldn't be of more help. It could of course have to do with 'undo' (although it shouldn't)
If you find situations you can reproduce, please send them to support. They can only fix things, if they know they're broken.
Sander de Regt

ShadowMaker SdR
The Netherlands

Marc van Vliet

PostThu Oct 05, 2017 1:17 pm

In my current project I skipped on the clonepaint part of the paint tool. It just keeps crashing my rendering.

Instead using the clonebox feature of the paint tool. No crashes whatsoever and it renders faster,

Don't know if this will help you, in some cases you need to paint..

daniel.partzsch

PostThu Oct 05, 2017 1:41 pm

Marc van Vliet wrote:In my current project I skipped on the clonepaint part of the paint tool. It just keeps crashing my rendering.

Instead using the clonebox feature of the paint tool. No crashes whatsoever and it renders faster,

Don't know if this will help you, in some cases you need to paint..

Thanks for that tip. What exactly do you mean with "clonebox feature"? A rectangle shape set to clone mode? Thanks again in advance!

Marc van Vliet

PostThu Oct 05, 2017 2:45 pm

yes, i think it's called copyrectangle. It's located in the toolbox next to the viewport when you select the tool. Just roll over some of those icons =]

Sander de Regt

PostThu Oct 05, 2017 9:45 pm

Or right click in the area and set button mode to text.
Sander de Regt

ShadowMaker SdR
The Netherlands

daniel.partzsch

PostFri Oct 06, 2017 8:20 am

Marc van Vliet wrote:yes, i think it's called copyrectangle. It's located in the toolbox next to the viewport when you select the tool. Just roll over some of those icons =]

yeah, i found it, however you can't have a soft edge with that right? whatever, I just installed 9.0 again properly (had 9.1 before which gave me render errors and just simply installed 9.0 over that without removing the software properly first) and now it seems to work with the brush as well. thanks guys for your help anyways!

Joshuaryne

PostWed Aug 12, 2020 5:15 pm

daniel.partzsch wrote:Does anybody else have problems with the paint tool? I am trying to clone parts of the image and somehow it's only occasionally working or already defined strokes disappear again after a while or it's just not rendering at all anymore (freeze frame)...

I believe I'm having the same problem. I think. The paint brush is not registering until I change the frame then it pops. So I am basically drawing blind until i change the frame. If anyone can help me that would be great.

Convolva

PostWed May 12, 2021 2:45 pm

I am facing exactly the same issue that Joshuaryne has mentioned here,

Fusion is taking too long in paint multi stroke to show whenever I make a stroke.

After I make the stroke blindly without a preview of the same in resolve while I draw it, I have to click CTRL + tap to show the thing that I made.

It is really annoying and I hope someone has a solution for this.
- DR Free, 17.4.4 Build 7 | Windows 10.0.18363 Pro
- Ryzen 7 1700 Eight Core@3GHz
- 32 GBs 3200 MHz DDR4 (RAM)
- Sapphire Pulse AMD 5700 XT, 8 GB | Driver 20.4.2
- Cache: 512 GB NVMe SSD | Project: 1 TB HDD@7200 RPM

Sander de Regt

PostWed May 12, 2021 3:25 pm

First asking the obvious here: are you watching the paint tool itself when doing this?
Also you say Resolve, while this thread is about Fusion 9. Which is it?
Sander de Regt

ShadowMaker SdR
The Netherlands

Return to Fusion