Audio Dropping

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author

jacobhockeyfan

Audio Dropping

PostSun Aug 23, 2020 5:11 pm

Anyone else have a problem where when they are live streaming, the audio completely drops? I use OBS for streaming at a church, and the audio comes from the board through RCA to 3.5m, then into the ATEM Mini through Mic 1. At complete random times, when I am streaming, the audio just completely drops, and I have no idea why and requires me to close OBS and reopen to fix it. If I am just recording through OBS, it doesn't seem to happen. I have never had this problem before, as I was originally streaming through an Elgato capture card, but have now switched to the ATEM Mini as I thought it would make things easier. Any ideas would be appreciated.

revjeff97

Re: Audio Dropping

PostTue Aug 25, 2020 2:45 am

I am curious have you tried rebooting the ATEM to fix it? We are having the same problem the last two weeks. But it happens to use even when we are not streaming, Has to be a problem between the board at the ATEM.

jacobhockeyfan

PostSun Aug 30, 2020 3:14 pm

I did try resetting the Atem initially, but that didn't solve it. What I found online from other forums was to created a separate source just for the audio. I had just one source when I first set everything up, with the audio coming through the video source as well. I created a separate source just for the audio, and mute the video source. So now there is a video source with no audio, and an audio source. It seems to be working better. When I had everything on one source, when I would open Google Chrome, the audio would stutter and skip. Now with a separate source, when I open Chrome, it doesn't do that. I haven't attempted to stream, but will be this morning. I will post if it works or doesn't!

heathermariela

PostSun Oct 04, 2020 2:37 am

Did this work for you? We just had a new PTZ camera with a zeevee encoder and blackmagic hyperdeck installed at our church and I can't even get audio to work at all on the stream. I was thinking we need a separate audio input instead of the one coming from the board through the hyperdeck for both audio/video. We have pretty crappy internet where we are located as well so I don't know if that is the issue or what.

We have a behringer x32 mixer and I'm clueless about it but the guy who installed everything said audio should be fine using the bus he configured but there doesn't appear to be any output on the bus, just input. Video streams just fine but there is zero sound, doesn't even register in OBS that any sound is coming through at all.

dattrax

PostSun Oct 18, 2020 1:55 pm

Same issue here... Audio just randomly vanishes from OBS.

ATEM control shows audio arriving at the ATEM as its meter is moving correctly, but nothing from OBS. Only way I have found to fix this is to close OBS and restart which is annoying for anyone watching the stream.

How do we go about getting this resolved?

lhakel1

PostWed Feb 17, 2021 3:19 am

We have very low audio when recording and streaming. The problem seems either to be the Hyperdeck or the Behringer x32 compact. Contractor say no problem yet we have streamed and recorded almost a dozen times and very little sound. The bus sends on Behringer are at maximum. The Hyperdeck always shows reduced green bars. Have tried just about everything. I should add that videos and audio recording have a greater volume but speakers set at 100% and all microphones are extremely low volume. What are other recommendations? Thanks
Larry

Return to Live Production