Fairlight - Drag n Drop multiple wavs to multiple tracks

• Author

tlegvold

Fairlight - Drag n Drop multiple wavs to multiple tracks

PostSat Sep 12, 2020 6:05 am

When working to picture, I want to either drag n drop, or more often set in and out points to place parts of audio files as clips on the timeline.

When working with audio only (immersive/surround music productions), it would be nice if when I dragged 10 or more audio files into a timeline (e.g. for Auro-3D or Atmos) that I had the option to place them on separate tracks, rather than sequentially all on the same track.

Nuendo actually asks when you do that, to allow either behavior. It would be a nice perk if Resolve did the same.

I realize music production is not the main audience for Resolve, but it's a great tool for working in immersive.
Desktop: 2019 Mac Pro 16 Core CPU 192GB RAM | AMD Radeon W5700X 16GB | OS X Monterey 12.7
Fairlight Audio Accelerator CC-2 | Audio Interface SX-36 | Audio Editor (FAE) | Studio Console
Mobile: 2023 16" M3 Max MacBook Pro 64GB RAM | OS X Sonoma 14.3

Reynaud Venter

Re: Fairlight - Drag n Drop multiple wavs to multiple tracks

PostSat Sep 12, 2020 4:58 pm

On macOS, Command + dragging media on the Timeline from the Media Pool presents a "Drag Media On" dialog providing the option to place each source media file on a separate Timeline Track.

Without the modifier or selecting "No" in the "Drag Media On" dialog will place all media dragged on to the Timeline on the same Audio Track.

Command + Shift + dragging media from the Media Pool on to the Timeline will place source media at embedded Start Timecode positions.

tlegvold

PostSat Sep 12, 2020 6:25 pm

Fantastic Reynaud, I did not know that!

I will apply my newfound knowledge to a few projects I'm using to test out Resolve/Fairlight for immersive music production.

Very handy tips, thanks for sharing!
Desktop: 2019 Mac Pro 16 Core CPU 192GB RAM | AMD Radeon W5700X 16GB | OS X Monterey 12.7
Fairlight Audio Accelerator CC-2 | Audio Interface SX-36 | Audio Editor (FAE) | Studio Console

tlegvold

PostTue Sep 22, 2020 6:31 am

Hmm, I tried it tonight and have to say it wasn't the most intuitive message that greeted me:

Multiclip Drag Resolve.png

I can think of several ways of saying teh same thing in a much clearer manner...

But it did work, in the end.

Return to DaVinci Resolve Feature Requests