Jump to: Board index » General » Fusion

Fusion looping animation tutorials?

Learn about 3D compositing, animation, broadcast design and VFX workflows.
  • Author

cryptoiskey

Fusion looping animation tutorials?

PostMon Dec 31, 2018 8:27 pm

I am trying to find a tutorial on how to loop animations. I want to create a background with a few elements that slowly animate. I am using the animation background as a backdrop for a video tutorial. This is just an example i guess they used particles
.Any help would be appreciated as I am quite new to fusion so on a deep learning curve....Thanks.
ROG ZENITH EXTREME
AMD Ryzen Threadripper 1950X 16-Core
Radeon Vega Frontier
64GB
Windows 10 Pro - DR 15.1

http://youtube.com/c/CryptoisKey

Bryan Ray

Re: Fusion looping animation tutorials?

PostMon Dec 31, 2018 10:24 pm

There are a few ways to create looping animations, depending on the content. Probably the simplest is to download the stx_tools collection from Reactor and use stx_Loopzilla, which does a relatively simple optical flow-based cross-dissolve.

If your animation is FastNoise based, I posted a little tidbit a few weeks ago about using the FastNoiseTexture tool and rotating it. A FastNoise's Seethe is based on a 3d noise field through a planar slice on the Z-axis (toward or away from the camera.) If you instead rotate the FastNoise based on a pivot point well outside the sampling plane, you'll get a loop when it comes back around to 360 degrees. This is, I believe, how Adobe's FractalNoise filter works.

If it's difficult to detect an inflection point (the spot at which stuff changes direction), you can just ping-pong it with a TimeStretcher.

If your animation is based on sliding textures, then you can activate the Mirror or Repeat edge mode on a Transform, slide it so you can see both the horizontal and vertical seams, then paint a smooth transition over them. Be careful—scaling might not work like you expect since the canvas will be filled with repeats of the image.
Bryan Ray
http://www.bryanray.name
http://www.sidefx.com

cryptoiskey

PostTue Jan 01, 2019 12:51 am

Bryan Ray wrote:There are a few ways to create looping animations, depending on the content. Probably the simplest is to download the stx_tools collection from Reactor and use stx_Loopzilla, which does a relatively simple optical flow-based cross-dissolve.

If your animation is FastNoise based, I posted a little tidbit a few weeks ago about using the FastNoiseTexture tool and rotating it. A FastNoise's Seethe is based on a 3d noise field through a planar slice on the Z-axis (toward or away from the camera.) If you instead rotate the FastNoise based on a pivot point well outside the sampling plane, you'll get a loop when it comes back around to 360 degrees. This is, I believe, how Adobe's FractalNoise filter works.

If it's difficult to detect an inflection point (the spot at which stuff changes direction), you can just ping-pong it with a TimeStretcher.

If your animation is based on sliding textures, then you can activate the Mirror or Repeat edge mode on a Transform, slide it so you can see both the horizontal and vertical seams, then paint a smooth transition over them. Be careful—scaling might not work like you expect since the canvas will be filled with repeats of the image.

Ah thanks man your a legend as always..I will look into those options for sure..cheers again :)
ROG ZENITH EXTREME
Radeon Vega Frontier
64GB
Windows 10 Pro - DR 15.1

cryptoiskey

PostTue Jan 01, 2019 8:23 pm

Bryan Ray wrote:There are a few ways to create looping animations, depending on the content. Probably the simplest is to download the stx_tools collection from Reactor and use stx_Loopzilla, which does a relatively simple optical flow-based cross-dissolve.

Is there any videos or documentation on how to actually use the tools in Reactor?..I have installed it and installed the stx tools but can't seem to figure out how to actually use them inside Fusion. Don't see anything in the tools menu or anywhere etc.

I have joined the forum "we suck less" but it only shows how to install everything but not how to actually use it..unless I am missing something..
ROG ZENITH EXTREME
Radeon Vega Frontier
64GB
Windows 10 Pro - DR 15.1

cryptoiskey

PostTue Jan 01, 2019 8:29 pm

AHH nevermind I found them under filters :).......Would be awesome though if someone made a tutorial series on using the Reactor tools...especially for newbies. :)
ROG ZENITH EXTREME
Radeon Vega Frontier
64GB
Windows 10 Pro - DR 15.1

EnricoPiazza

PostMon Sep 14, 2020 5:42 am

"If your animation is FastNoise based, I posted a little tidbit a few weeks ago about using the FastNoiseTexture tool and rotating it. A FastNoise's Seethe is based on a 3d noise field through a planar slice on the Z-axis (toward or away from the camera.) If you instead [i]rotate the FastNoise based on a pivot point well outside the sampling plane, you'll get a loop when it comes back around to 360 degrees. This is, I believe, how Adobe's FractalNoise filter works."
[/i]

Hi Brian,
thanks for the hint.
I can't work it out, could you please help me?
I haven't found a '3d noise' node to start from and when I try connecting the 'fast noise texture' to a 3d planar but nothing.

Basically I have made a kaleidoscope with fast noise + rosette mirrors and I want the seethe to loop but I'm stuck at the same point of the guy of this topic so I thought that your solution would work for both.

Thanks.

Return to Fusion