ATEM ISO - OBS streams better than the ATEM - Why?

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author

RimshotStudio

ATEM ISO - OBS streams better than the ATEM - Why?

PostTue Aug 25, 2020 3:30 pm

I have a slow (15 meg down, 3.5 meg up) internet connection.

Streaming to either Youtube or Facebook (either directly or using restream.io) using the ATEM's encoder (via ethernet) is unusable.

Streaming via OBS (using the the ATEM's USB/webcam conection to my computer) is very good.

I've edited the ATEM's XML file so that the bandwidth settings are the same as in OBS and the ATEM is still unusable.

Any idea why OBS is so much better than the ATEM?

Is there Anything I should try to get this resolved?

Any ideas appreciated!

Thanks,

Mike

BBBWOT

Re: ATEM ISO - OBS streams better than the ATEM - Why?

PostWed Sep 09, 2020 12:18 pm

I have the same problem but I have 80Mbps up and 20Mbps down, so I know it's not a connection issue..

Every time I try and stream to Youtube, within a minute I get the following error message.. Error
YouTube is not receiving enough video to maintain smooth streaming. As such, viewers will experience buffering

This message also comes up within the YouTube section..
Primary stream:
We are not receiving video data at a fast enough rate. Your viewers may experience buffering. Ensure your connection is fast enough or consider using a lower bitrate.

Even when choosing the lowest quality selection of 720 30fps and bitrate of 2500 I still get the above message...

This is despite me changing every option within the ATEM Live Stream selection with the quality of stream. Even when this comes up the ON AIR connection is hovering at 8-9Mb/s..

I don't understand why...

Any suggestions..?? Anyone..??

tomtuks

PostSat Sep 12, 2020 12:15 am

BBBWOT wrote:I have the same problem but I have 80Mbps up and 20Mbps down, so I know it's not a connection issue..

Every time I try and stream to Youtube, within a minute I get the following error message.. Error
YouTube is not receiving enough video to maintain smooth streaming. As such, viewers will experience buffering

This message also comes up within the YouTube section..
Primary stream:
We are not receiving video data at a fast enough rate. Your viewers may experience buffering. Ensure your connection is fast enough or consider using a lower bitrate.

Even when choosing the lowest quality selection of 720 30fps and bitrate of 2500 I still get the above message...

This is despite me changing every option within the ATEM Live Stream selection with the quality of stream. Even when this comes up the ON AIR connection is hovering at 8-9Mb/s..

I don't understand why...

Any suggestions..?? Anyone..??

I get the same message when I stream directly from Atem Mini Pro ISO at the lowest setting of 3 Mbps.
I have 80 Mbps download and 26 Mbps upload speed, so that shouldn't be an issue. What is going on? :(

swallow

PostSat Sep 12, 2020 1:40 am

Not sure if you checked audio bitrate already but do check to make sure it's set to proper value.
You can only check it from xml file if you haven't checked it yet.
Ethan Doh

BBBWOT

PostTue Sep 15, 2020 1:39 am

Audio bitrate is set to default at 160 my memory.. What should it be..??

swallow

PostWed Sep 16, 2020 2:38 pm

BBBWOT wrote:Audio bitrate is set to default at 160 my memory.. What should it be..??

So it’s set to 160000?
I tried 320k and 256k.
160k should work fine.
The thing is with a firmware update, somehow it was set to some number of mbs vs kbs.
I think it was set to even higher than the video rate.
As long as it’s within reasonable number for an audio track, your particular problem lies somewhere else.
Ethan Doh

Return to Live Production