How do you install the BRAW plug in for Adobe Premiere?

Do you have questions about Desktop Video, Converters, Routers and Monitoring?
  • Author

asflyboy

How do you install the BRAW plug in for Adobe Premiere?

PostFri Sep 18, 2020 4:18 pm

I recently purchased the BlackMagic Cinema 6k camera. I downloaded the BlackMagic RAW 1.8.1 package. Ran the package and then started Premiere. Plug in does not show up in extensions. Is there another download I need to get? How do you install this exactly.

Thanks,

iMac
MacOS 10.15.6
Adobe Premiere Pro 2020

antoine

Re: How do you install the BRAW plug in for Adobe Premiere?

PostFri Sep 18, 2020 4:31 pm

It won't show up in extensions. Only BRAW Studio Premiere Pro Panel will show there because our importer suite has a dedicated panel.

Try to directly import .braw into Premiere Pro and you'll see if you have a BRAW importer installed or not (Blackmagic Premiere Pro plugin or BRAW Studio)
BRAW Studio FREE and Premium for Adobe Premiere Pro and After Effects, with a brand new Desktop .BRAW Player and Color Grader, as well as an automatic White Balance Color Picker tool

asflyboy

PostFri Sep 18, 2020 4:37 pm

antoine wrote:It won't show up in extensions. Only BRAW Studio Premiere Pro Panel will show there because our importer suite has a dedicated panel.

Try to directly import .braw into Premiere Pro and you'll see if you have a BRAW importer installed or not (Blackmagic Premiere Pro plugin or BRAW Studio)

I don't see the BRAW Studio Premiere Pro Panel. I'm talking about the plug in from BlackMagice. I don't have the autokroma package. Can you post a step by step on exactly how to do that?

I can import .braw files into Premiere. I just don't have the BRAW Studio Premiere Pro Panel in extensions.

Thanks

antoine

PostFri Sep 18, 2020 5:05 pm

asflyboy wrote:I don't see the BRAW Studio Premiere Pro Panel.

Yes

asflyboy wrote:I don't have the autokroma package.

I didn't say otherwise.

asflyboy wrote:I'm talking about the plug in from BlackMagice.
Yes I know, but then why do you care about the panel extension ? "I can import .braw files into Premiere. I just don't have the BRAW Studio Premiere Pro Panel in extensions." ?

Once you installed the Blackmagic Premiere Pro plugin, just import a .braw into Premiere Pro. if it works, it proves it's working and everything is fine. You will never see the Blackmagic plugin in the "extensions" because that's just for BRAW Studio. And you need to choose between BRAW Studio OR Blackmagic plugin. You can download and install BRAW Studio from here : https://www.autokroma.com/BRAW_Studio/Download
BRAW Studio FREE and Premium for Adobe Premiere Pro and After Effects, with a brand new Desktop .BRAW Player and Color Grader, as well as an automatic White Balance Color Picker tool

asflyboy

PostFri Sep 18, 2020 5:17 pm

antoine wrote:
asflyboy wrote:I don't see the BRAW Studio Premiere Pro Panel.

Yes

asflyboy wrote:I don't have the autokroma package.

I didn't say otherwise.

asflyboy wrote:I'm talking about the plug in from BlackMagice.
Yes I know, but then why do you care about the panel extension ? "I can import .braw files into Premiere. I just don't have the BRAW Studio Premiere Pro Panel in extensions." ?

Once you installed the Blackmagic Premiere Pro plugin, just import a .braw into Premiere Pro. if it works, it proves it's working and everything is fine. You will never see the Blackmagic plugin in the "extensions" because that's just for BRAW Studio. And you need to choose between BRAW Studio OR Blackmagic plugin. You can download and install BRAW Studio from here : https://www.autokroma.com/BRAW_Studio/Download

Thank You

DirectResponseProductions

PostSat Sep 19, 2020 5:27 pm

I installed the 1.8 plug in and I still can't import braw.
The import window in premiere pops up when I attempt to import.
However the progress bar never moves and, therefore, the braw clips never make
it to the project panel. Please advise.

antoine

PostTue Sep 22, 2020 7:33 am

DirectResponseProductions wrote:I installed the 1.8 plug in and I still can't import braw.
The import window in premiere pops up when I attempt to import.
However the progress bar never moves and, therefore, the braw clips never make
it to the project panel. Please advise.

Hi Doug,

1) Does import works in After Effects ?

2) Could you try BRAW Studio too ? This way we'll know if it's an issue from Blackmagic plugin or from Adobe Premiere Pro. As asked by email three days ago, we would need a screenshot and a bug report if this issue comes up with BRAW Studio : https://www.autokroma.com/blog/How-to-r ... AW-Studio/

Regards,

Antoine

AvidEditorMike

PostTue Aug 17, 2021 7:20 pm

I'm having this issue as well. Cannot import into Premiere Pro 2021 but can import into Avid. Same system. Blackmagic Raw 1.8.2
Attachments
Screen Shot 2021-08-17 at 12.18.45 PM.png
Screen Shot 2021-08-17 at 12.18.45 PM.png (54.42 KiB) Viewed 15571 times

antoine

PostWed Aug 18, 2021 7:36 am

As said in another place latest version is 2.1 https://www.blackmagicdesign.com/support/

1.8.2 is outdated !

Return to Post Production