BRAW in Premiere - exposure adjustment not working?

Do you have questions about Desktop Video, Converters, Routers and Monitoring?
  • Author

midmarkwest

BRAW in Premiere - exposure adjustment not working?

PostTue Mar 31, 2020 3:58 pm

Hi,

I am a total newby.

Just downloaded and installed the latest BRAW plugin for Premiere PRO. Running PPRO CC 2020. All of the BRAW adjustments appear to be working fine in the effects panel, with the EXCEPTION of the exposure slider.

I am using the "decode using Clip" option, if that's of any relevance.

Again, I'm completely new to all this. Thanks in advance.

Jaqen Hghar_Turin

Re: BRAW in Premiere - exposure adjustment not working?

PostThu Apr 30, 2020 8:44 am

I have the same issue.

Thanks for any help on this topic.

Best regards

CaptainHook

Blackmagic Design

PostFri May 01, 2020 2:46 am

Hi, we've been able to reproduce this here. We will look to fix this in an update but for now a workaround is that it only seems to happen with a new project so if you save and re-open your project the control should work.

Thanks for the report.
**Any post by me prior to Aug 2014 was before i started working for Blackmagic**

midmarkwest

PostMon Jun 01, 2020 1:58 am

Thanks for the update!

mmbewe

PostSat Jul 18, 2020 12:59 pm

CaptainHook wrote:Hi, we've been able to reproduce this here. We will look to fix this in an update but for now a workaround is that it only seems to happen with a new project so if you save and re-open your project the control should work.

Thanks for the report.

I'm also getting the same issue but re-opening the project doesn't help. I've discovered that if I set the exposure to 2 or 3 plus and mess with the other settings, sometimes it will randomly just update the exposure and the clip will blow out. I'm then able to adjust the clip exposure as normal but if I go onto the next clip, I receive the original issue again.

antoine

PostMon Jul 20, 2020 5:17 pm

We don't have this issue with BRAW Studio our Blackmagic RAW importer for Adobe https://www.autokroma.com/BRAW_Studio/
BRAW Studio FREE and Premium for Adobe Premiere Pro and After Effects, with a brand new Desktop .BRAW Player and Color Grader, as well as an automatic White Balance Color Picker tool

antoine

PostTue Sep 29, 2020 3:38 pm

Hi,
Does anyone still have this issue ? I think I still have it with Blackmagic Design Premiere Pro plugin version 1.8.1. Using Premiere Pro version 14.3.2 (Build 42) on Windows

I thought this was fixed in recent versions. Any update ?
BRAW Studio FREE and Premium for Adobe Premiere Pro and After Effects, with a brand new Desktop .BRAW Player and Color Grader, as well as an automatic White Balance Color Picker tool

dbalwani

PostWed Sep 30, 2020 4:53 am

I have similar problem, I am running Adobe Premiere Pro v14.4.0 (build 38) on Windows and BlackMagic RAW 1.8.1, some of my BRAW clips in project have Master Effect Controls completely greyed out and no help. I have uninstalled/reinstalled BRAW plugin and no help.

antoine

PostWed Sep 30, 2020 10:22 pm

dbalwani wrote:I have similar problem, I am running Adobe Premiere Pro v14.4.0 (build 38) on Windows and BlackMagic RAW 1.8.1, some of my BRAW clips in project have Master Effect Controls completely greyed out and no help. I have uninstalled/reinstalled BRAW plugin and no help.

Hi, you seem to have this issue : viewtopic.php?f=3&t=122592

Return to Post Production