Multidock V2 on PC... HELP!

Getting started with a Blackmagic product? Ask questions here about setup and installation.
  • Author

lahatte

Multidock V2 on PC... HELP!

PostSat Oct 03, 2020 7:33 am

HI,

I have a Multidock V2 (with the Thunderbolt 2 ports). I have Windows 10 Pro PC with a Gigabyte GA-Z170X Gaming 7 motherboard, which is supposed to have (as I understand it) Thunderbolt 3 available via the USB-C port.

In the PC Device Manager, under "System Devices" I see "Thunderbolt(TM) Controller - 1577". Properties for that show it working properly, located on PCI bus 9, and driver version 17.4.77.13, dated 5/16/2018.

I have a Thunderbolt 2 cable to plug into the Multidock, and the Apple Thunderbolt 2 to Thunderbolt 3 adapter.

I have power to the Multidock, and my HDD that I insert I hear spin up. But I get no red light around the drive.

On the computer I have the "This PC" window open (showing all my drives, etc.). The only reaction I seem to get from the computer is a brief refresh of the window when I plug in the Thunderbolt cable. Inserting a drive in the Multidock has no effect.

Help resolving this is greatly appreciated!

Christian Paire

Re: Multidock V2 on PC... HELP!

PostSat Oct 10, 2020 9:51 am

Hello, I have previous multidock version, I have to format disks exfat then at insertion I have to call disk(s) from device manager > disk drives > scan for hardware changes and it pops up

lahatte

Re: Multidock V2 on PC... HELP!

PostSat Oct 10, 2020 9:36 pm

I found the problem. I was not aware that I had to "allow" devices in a Thunderbolt app in the system tray. That did the trick.

Return to Getting Started