Re-mapping ATEM MINI PRO Keys

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author

Phil-CG

Re-mapping ATEM MINI PRO Keys

PostTue May 12, 2020 9:44 am

I have searched and found - well not a lot - so I am sort of assuming that it's not possible to re-map or add macros to the ATEM MINI PRO (or non Pro) keys. (i.e. trigger macros from the keys)

From what I have seen being able to do this would solve a lot of challenges for various people, my main issue is the PIP which gets reset to the defaults when you hit the reposition keys. (I know about changing the start up state so I can have a default for on off).

I suppose one option is that I get something like a stream deck or similar to then run macros to do this but I was hoping to keep it to a one box solution as I am setting this up for my wife in this case for her on line training - so keeping things simple for those less technical would be helpful.

Anyone got other ideas around this ?
Is there a request features option.. P.S. I do know this is a GREAT piece of kit for it's price so thanks BMD!

Thanks.
Phil

Roman Pytkin Pekarek

Re: Re-mapping ATEM MINI PRO Keys

PostTue May 12, 2020 10:41 pm

STILL no status from BMD, if it can be done in future updates ..
http://tally.pytkin.sk
http://chucktv.eu
http://www.stonepp.tv
http://www.media-planet.sk

SantenPlu

PostThu Jun 11, 2020 3:01 am

update?

Superik

PostSun Jun 14, 2020 9:14 pm

hello,
I have the same problem : the PIP default size is too small for me. I have resized it (using the PC software) but as soon as I use another PIP button, I lost my settings...
Would it be possible to save the default size, whatever the PIP position (on top left, right, on bottom left, right) without using the software ?
Thank you,
Eric

Denny Smith

PostMon Jun 15, 2020 5:34 pm

No, my understanding is, you need to use the ATEM Control software.
Cheers
Denny Smith
SHA Productions

Mazzerness

PostTue Jul 07, 2020 12:32 am

I'd add my voice to this. We need to be able to fix the programming for those buttons otherwise they are a huge waste of rubber. Turn them into programmable buttons that we can fix in the ATEM software.
Magnus Wake
Director

DougSz

PostMon Oct 05, 2020 9:30 pm

Those buttons should be Macro presets. They are useless as the DVE size.
One wonders how this shortcoming got past final engineering review.

Otherwise, a remarkable piece of gear for the price.

DigiDAD

PostWed Oct 07, 2020 1:43 am

I use the ATEM Mini Pro in a church setting and really think its feature set lends itself very well to that environment. Now that everything is up and running and we have a month of services under our belt I need to train some additional, less technical operators. I want them to be able to run a service 100% on the ATEM without going into Software Control.

90% of the features we need can be performed on the ATEM itself but it frustrates me that I have to launch Software Control to toggle DSK1. Like many others, we use DSK for song lyric overlays. It would be great if the KEY ON/OFF button on the ATEM could be configured to control either the Upstream or Downstream Keyer.

Thanks, Mike

PS. I do agree with the poster above regarding the tiny PIP. I have created macros but again that requires going into the software to activate and my goal is to have volunteers run 100% from the ATEM.
Last edited by DigiDAD on Wed Oct 07, 2020 6:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Darren B. Kelly

PostWed Oct 07, 2020 2:07 am

I’d like to see a number of changes.

1st on my list is having your ATEM hold it’s graphics and pic n pic setting it once is fine. Right now it’s too small and need to be reset every time you turn it on.

2nd, change the Audio. One in, one out.I need to hear the audio..

There’s more, but these two changes would make the ATEM. If you can’t do it on the existing box, give me a 3rd box and let me use that to do audio, and keep the graphics in memory

DBK

DigiDAD

PostWed Oct 07, 2020 2:11 am

Darren B. Kelly wrote:I’d like to see a number of changes.
2nd, change the Audio. One in, one out.I need to hear the audio..
DBK

This isn't a big deal if you have a monitor with headphone jack hooked up to the HDMI Output. I use both MIC1 and MIC2 inputs and plug my headphones into the monitor.

JacobN

PostSun Nov 27, 2022 3:03 pm

Did this topic ever get addressed? I am in the same boat of wishing I could use any of the pip or key buttons on the physical device for the upstream or downstream macros i've set up without needing to open the software to do it.

rNeil H

PostSun Nov 27, 2022 9:35 pm

Nope. Like their other editing and grading tools, all controls are completely locked to their plans.

Unfortunately.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

Phil Hadfield

PostMon Nov 28, 2022 10:50 am

I find using companion (bitfocus.io) / Streamdeck and only using the Atem as the brains makes all the difference. Not a Fix but an alternative.

adamtow

PostWed Feb 21, 2024 2:00 am

Here's a method to reprogram the physical keys on an ATEM switcher. Works well with the ATEM Mini Pro, Mini Extreme ISO, etc.

https://labs.mixeffect.app/article/2024 ... r-buttons/

I have a video tutorial here as well:

It involves using Companion (and my MixEffect app, though you may be able to get away with using just Companion and the ATEM module) to detect when the exact setting is turned on when one of the physical buttons is pressed. This works well for the PIP buttons, since they always set the DVE to the same parameters, but can also be used with the Transition or Duration preset buttons.

Caveat is that you can't set those values anymore in Companion, ATEM Software Control, or MixEffect because the trigger will fire.
Developer of MixEffect, the best app for controlling your ATEM switchers using your iPhone, iPad, and Apple Silicon Mac: https://mixeffect.app

Joseph Villegas

PostWed Feb 21, 2024 12:47 pm

Here is another way to achieve that, which involve the use of Python.
I'm not sure if need a computer connected to the Atem Mini, or the changes are saved in the firmware and the switch can be used stand alone

Return to Live Production