No activation key

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

Dariuscwell

No activation key

PostSat Mar 17, 2018 12:45 am

Where is the activation key located? I don’t think I received my key.

Bryan Ray

Re: NO ACTIVATION KEY

PostMon Mar 19, 2018 11:43 pm

It would help if you mentioned what product you're using.
Bryan Ray
http://www.bryanray.name
http://www.sidefx.com

thanasizerv

Re: NO ACTIVATION KEY

PostFri Sep 06, 2019 1:39 am

I just got De Vinci Studio Resolve and once I finished the installation of the program I faced a screen that said I need an activation key which I was supposed to have recieved with the purchase, however I do not see this and need help in order for me to begin using the editor. I'm not sure how to access this page again so it would be greatly appreciated if I could be contacted. Thank you for your time
Last edited by Tony Rivera on Fri Sep 06, 2019 3:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Edited for security reasons

Denny Smith

Re: No activation key

PostSun Sep 08, 2019 6:53 am

If you got Resolve with a camera, their is a credit card size plastic card with the activation key code on it.
If you just downloaded the program, you need to purchase it from a dealer, who will send you the activation card in the post.
If you got a camera, like the new Pocket Camera 4K/6K and their is no activation card in the box top cover inside one of the folders, then you need to contact your reseller or BMD Support.
Cheers
Denny Smith
SHA Productions

Wojciech Kita

PostTue Sep 10, 2019 10:11 am

Hi.
I have a same problem like thanasizerv.
I want to buy this software and go to work but why its so complicated in this comapany? Why not this simple way like: register your company, download software, pay for invoice ... have fun?

2nd:
I have email from support team:
"Our Support service via phone and email, is only available to users of the paid version of DaVinci, DaVinci Resolve Studio..."
I WANT TO BE USER OF THE PAID VERSION ... but I cant my friends!

Greetings from Poland.

-----

Problem fixed. Thx Paul from Blackmagic for quick email answer and help.
For another guys with this problem:

Find reseller in Your country and there buy license with a key.
On Blackmagic homepage (bottom) You will find Support - Reseller. All what You need.

Greetings.

inov8or

PostTue Jun 09, 2020 8:26 pm

I downloaded DaVinci 15.2.1 successfully onto my Mac, which I Understand was a free version and I registered at that time but I never received an activation key. Do I need to contact a licensed dealer in Canada in order to activate it?

Brian Harding

nomfundo

PostTue Oct 13, 2020 11:36 am

I JUST DOWNLOADED THE APPLICATION ON THE SIGHT AND ITS ASKING FOR AN ACTIVATION CODE?

Charles Bennett

PostTue Oct 13, 2020 1:42 pm

If it is asking for an activation key you downloaded the Studio and not the free version. The free version does not have the word Studio in the title.
Attachments
Download page.JPG
Download page.JPG (241.33 KiB) Viewed 2374 times
Resolve Studio 18.6.6 build 7
Dell XPS 8700 i7-4790, 24GB RAM, 2 x Evo 860 SSDs, GTX1060/6GB (546.01 Studio Driver), Win10 Home (22H2), Speed Editor, Faderport mk1, Eizo ColorEdge CS230 + BenQ GW2270 + Samsung SA200, Canon C100mk2, Zoom H2n.

Trav91

PostTue Jan 24, 2023 5:41 am

I downloaded the free version onto my work computer with no issues. I have another question for people, though:

If I want to download the free version onto my personal laptop, but I have already used my personal email address for the other download on my work computer, what do I do? I would rather have my personal email attached to the download on my laptop and my work email attached to the download on my work computer.

Return to DaVinci Resolve