Hackintosh freeze up

Do you have questions about Desktop Video, Converters, Routers and Monitoring?
  • Author

billcaverly

Hackintosh freeze up

PostSat Oct 10, 2020 5:43 am

Hey, I have a hackintosh specs are 3.6 Ghz i5 with 16 gig of ram, I am running high sierra. I just installed a radeon rx570 in it. Card seems to work fine. The problem I am having is when I render a project of any size, doesn't matter if its a 1080 video clip, my computer completely freezes up at about 16% completion. I have changed my render speed and unchecked the boxes for pixel dropout and it still locks up. I could render projects before I put the graphics card in and was running my monitor directly off the motherboard (prime370-P). Any insight would be greatly appreciated!

Kays Alatrakchi

Re: Hackintosh freeze up

PostWed Oct 14, 2020 6:51 am

You don't mention which version of Resolve you're running, nor the type of footage in your project.

Since you're already on AMD cards, you should really consider upgrading to a newer version of the OS which will have better graphics drivers and better Metal support than High Sierra.

Other than that, I would take a look at the hard drive speed, and definitely don't render to the same drive where your media lives.
>>Kays Alatrakchi
Filmmaker based in Los Angeles, CA
http://moviesbykays.com

Resolve 18.1.4, Mac OS X 12.6.3 (Monterey), iMac Pro 64Gb RAM, Decklink Mini 4K, LG C9

Mac Book Air M1, Mac OS X 12.6 (Monterey), 16Gb RAM

Return to Post Production