Media offline glitch right at the end of braw file

Do you have questions about Desktop Video, Converters, Routers and Monitoring?
  • Author

abba2566

Media offline glitch right at the end of braw file

PostThu Oct 15, 2020 10:22 pm

I recently did a multicam recording of a band and my wide/safety shot was a BMPCC4K and in the last minute or so of the file it seems to loose every other frame.
In Premiere Pro, this renders as flashing red lines every other frame and in resolve it goes to the media offline screen every other frame. Weirdly, in the braw player it seems to play back fine.

On this occasion, it turned out to not be a big deal as it was about 10 seconds away from the end of the last song and I didn't need to cut back to that angle again, but for future reference (or to avoid it happening again!) Any ideas what might have caused it?

I was recording onto a Kingston SSD (not the fastest, but I've been using them for a while without problem) at 4K UHD at 25fps using constant quality Q5. And the camera was set to stop recording if there were any frame drops.

abba2566

Re: Media offline glitch right at the end of braw file

PostThu Oct 15, 2020 10:27 pm

Nevermind - I think the end of the file must have been slightly corrupted when I copied it across originally. Just checked it on the SSD and it was fine, so re-ingested it and all is good!

I guess a good reminder to always check your footage before formatting cards!

Return to Post Production