an eager python developer

Ask software engineering and SDK questions for developers working on Mac OS X, Windows or Linux.
  • Author

mirkan1

an eager python developer

PostSat Oct 10, 2020 7:18 pm

I am developing blender scripts and plugins, I encountered with DaVinci resolve recently, a customer of me wanted me to create a script that enhances/automate his duty about editing kind of videos on DaVinci resolve, I downloaded it after that I noticed the price of this product is 300$ which is far out of my reach as a third world country citizen. Is there a way to get an activation key for free to be a DaVinci Resolve developer or at least a discount on it so I can keep my life going by doing what I love; coding

I don't only want this because of a single project, I saw the interface if this application and I think it is really well designed and it uses Python to create scripts like Blender;

Sincerely, Renas Mirkan Kilic
https://mirkan1.herokuapp.com/

Brendan Dower

Blackmagic Design

Re: an eager python developer

PostWed Oct 14, 2020 2:33 am

Hi Renas,

The scripting features in DaVinci Resolve are available to use in the free version, however, they must be used inside Resolve and can not be launched in an external editor.

You could write your script and the click and drag it to the DaVinci Resolve console to execute it in Resolve. You can access the Resolve Console from the menu under Workspace->Console.

You will need to purchase the Studio version in order to do any external scripting.
Brendan Dower
Blackmagic Design Developer Support

mirkan1

PostTue Oct 20, 2020 8:53 pm

Brendan Dower wrote:Hi Renas,

The scripting features in DaVinci Resolve are available to use in the free version, however, they must be used inside Resolve and can not be launched in an external editor.

You could write your script and the click and drag it to the DaVinci Resolve console to execute it in Resolve. You can access the Resolve Console from the menu under Workspace->Console.

You will need to purchase the Studio version in order to do any external scripting.

thank you so much for the information, I will do it...

By the way, do you have a download link for the free version? I downloaded one but it asks activation code from me

Hendrik Proosa

PostThu Oct 22, 2020 11:35 am

You can find the free version on BMD web page, it is the non-studio version. The one with "Studio" in its name is paid version.
I do stuff.

Return to Software Developers