DaVinci Resolve on Debian Linux (and makeresolvedeb)

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

Perry Mitchell

Re: DaVinci Resolve on Debian Linux (and makeresolvedeb)

PostWed Nov 11, 2020 10:53 am

Good call Daniel but sadly no cigar! Choked it to 10 (FPS ?) which is way under the normal speed but no change in the corruption. It is also the same story for either highest or lowest quality settings.
It is very difficult with h264 to analyse exactly what is happening, but it appears to me that the I frames are OK but the dependent interim compressed P & B frames are bad.
It seems to me fundamental that the system works fine for NVidia h264 encoding with Handbrake but not for Resolve. Sadly why that should be is way over my capabilities but I guess it is pertinent that nobody else appears to be reporting a similar issue. Maybe I just have a hardware issue.
If you want to see the corruption, I sent Dwain a copy here (will expire soon)
https://we.tl/t-8LcwnIBZqt
Cheers

bleeptrack

PostWed Nov 11, 2020 5:01 pm

Hi,
I just built the .deb via Daniel's script and it worked perfectly. Though Resolve Studio 17 crashes every time I drag and drop a clip into the timeline. Studio 16 worked perfectly before. Tried different clips and also created a new database. Any ideas what's going wrong?
My system:
CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3950X, 32 threads
RAM: 32 GiB
NVIDIA Driver: 435.21, supports CUDA 10.1
GPUs: "NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti"
Crash log: https://file.io/vMyp3ruPmZKX
Thanks for your help :)

Noel Sterrett

PostWed Nov 11, 2020 5:01 pm

I installed 17b1 on Ubuntu 20.04 directly from the .run file, and so far everything is working fine, including Decklink and a Mini Panel.

I think over time BMD have made the install more friendly for Debian without adding offical support.
Admit One Pictures
Resolve Studio 18 | Linux Lint 21 | Nvidia 515 | Xeon | iCore | Ryzen

VennStone

PostWed Nov 11, 2020 5:57 pm

Perry Mitchell wrote:For the sake of completeness, I ran ‘install libnvidia-encode-450’ and it appeared to work. I then had to run ‘apt —fix-broken install’ which appeared to remove ‘libnvidia-encode1’ which I guess makes sense from what Daniel said. Anyways, it all seemed happy.
Bottom line - I still get the corrupted h264 output from Resolve but Handbrake encodes fine using NVEnc.
Any suggestions? Would it be worth trying an older ver of Resolve? Currently on 16.2.7.010 Studio

Have you disabled Frame Reordering on the Deliver page? That's always caused corruption on this end.
Debian 10 / 11
Magewell 11100 Pro
Intensity Pro
Intensity Pro 4K
DeckLink Mini Recorder 4K
DeckLink Quad

Daniel Tufvesson

PostWed Nov 11, 2020 6:03 pm

Noel Sterrett wrote:I installed 17b1 on Ubuntu 20.04 directly from the .run file, and so far everything is working fine, including Decklink and a Mini Panel.

I think over time BMD have made the install more friendly for Debian without adding offical support.
I fully agree. The install is a lot cleaner now and there are no workarounds needed anymore. Now I just hope BMD will release a properly packaged version like they do with the rpm/deb release of DesktopVideo/Decklink. Untraceable installers that modify the system directly and circumvents the package manager is just bad practice. Not just for Debian, the same goes for CentOS or any other distribution.
Shoot - BMCC | BMPCC | BMPCC4K | BMVA | GH5
Edit - Resolve Studio 18.1 | Debian Linux 12 | i7-3930K CPU | X79 MB | 32GB RAM | GTX1080 GPU | Speed Editor
Monitor - Decklink SDI, SDI Duo, SDI 4K, Intensity Pro
danieltufvesson.com/makeresolvedeb

Perry Mitchell

PostThu Nov 12, 2020 8:56 am

Whoopydoo!! Vent - you are a scholar and a gentleman (as we say in these parts). If I untick ‘frame reordering’ then it all comes good. I must confess I had thought it said ‘frame rendering’ so I now have to go off to find out what it is supposed to do!

Noel Sterrett

PostThu Nov 12, 2020 12:01 pm

Daniel Tufvesson wrote:Now I just hope BMD will release a properly packaged version like they do with the rpm/deb release of DesktopVideo/Decklink.

I agree, even if unsupported. A reliable install is particularly important with the constant flow of new releases. I break into a cold sweat before diving into each one.

A ppa would be even better.
Admit One Pictures

kobayashi

PostThu Nov 12, 2020 1:17 pm

Daniel,
will the makefusiondeb multi script work with Fusion Studio 17b?
Thank you

Daniel Tufvesson

PostThu Nov 12, 2020 2:16 pm

kobayashi wrote:Daniel,
will the makefusiondeb multi script work with Fusion Studio 17b?
Thank you
Yes, it is tested and working for 17.0b.
Edit - Resolve Studio 18.1 | Debian Linux 12 | i7-3930K CPU | X79 MB | 32GB RAM | GTX1080 GPU | Speed Editor

Daniel Tufvesson

PostThu Nov 12, 2020 2:48 pm

bleeptrack wrote:Hi,
I just built the .deb via Daniel's script and it worked perfectly. Though Resolve Studio 17 crashes every time I drag and drop a clip into the timeline. Studio 16 worked perfectly before. Tried different clips and also created a new database. Any ideas what's going wrong?
My system:
CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3950X, 32 threads
RAM: 32 GiB
NVIDIA Driver: 435.21, supports CUDA 10.1
GPUs: "NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti"
Crash log: https://file.io/vMyp3ruPmZKX
Thanks for your help :)
Hi! Welcome to the forum! I'm afraid you need to upgrade your NVIDIA driver. Version 435 is too old for Resolve 17. Upgrade to 450.66 or later. 450.80 should be available in Ubuntu 20.04.

Perry Mitchell

PostTue Nov 17, 2020 9:14 am

A concur note to say my GTX980 is working fine on DR16 with Mint20 and NVidia driver 450.80, no other loads needed.
A warning to other Linux noobs like me. A large number of new installs got broken when I tried to get my internal 4 drive RAID configured with the correct permissions and automatic mount at boot. Typically I would lose the Cinammon GUI and have only a boot to the terminal! I tried both a ‘hardware’ motherboard RAID and a software RAID via mdadm. I hasten to add this is not for the OS which is on an M2 SSD, it is just for Resolve media storage.
To cut to the chase, the problem turned out to be due to remnants of old boot partitions left on the spinner drives. They were recycled from a Windows machine. Neither GPARTED or DISKS was removing them. The solution was to use gdisk in the terminal. You need to install GPT fdisk. A google will reveal many other potential solutions but this one worked for me and my minimal cut & paste technique!
Finally a note to say that out of curiosity I tried to install DR17b with no luck. I only have 16GB RAM and BMD calls for 32GB in the Linux system spec. I guess that is mandatory rather than a recommendation? Curious why this is double that for Win/Mac?

Mark Grgurev

PostWed Nov 18, 2020 10:36 pm

Just set up a dual boot of Windows 10 and Ubuntu 20.10 to see if I can eventually ditch Windows. I have Resolve Studio 17b1 installed after using Make Resolve Debian but once it gets passes the splash screen, Resolve throws up a message saying

Code: Select all
Unsupported GPU Processing Mode
Please review the GPU drivers and GPU configuration under preferences.

It gives me the option to Quit or Update Configuration. Picking Update Configuration launched Resolve's Preferences. GPU Processing mode is set to auto but the dropdown next to it is completely empty. Trying to make it continue past that throws up a message saying I need to set up Storage location. Trying to set one causes it to close afterwards.

My Nvidia drivers are installed correctly and they are the most recent version available, version 455. My graphics card is a GTX 1070.

Mark Grgurev

PostThu Nov 19, 2020 10:23 pm

Looks like my install of Ubuntu was lying to me. It showed that the Nvidia drivers were installed and I was able access nvidia-settings but it was still running using nouveau. After spending two days trying to get the proprietary Nvidia drivers to install properly, Resolve now works!

Perry Mitchell

PostFri Nov 20, 2020 1:26 pm

Hi my learned friends:
I had a fully working system as detailed above, but with all my experimenting I thought the system was probably in a mess. I therefore did a complete new install of Mint20 and Resolve 16 as before, However since then the Nvidia driver has progressed to 455. Anyways - everything works EXCEPT I have lost the audio output. I just get the 'dummy' icon in the options. On advice from various forums etc I did a:
lspci -nnk | grep -A2 Audio
for both the working live Mint on the USB and the non working installed Mint, with these results:
Result for live mint:
00:1b.0 Audio device [0403]: Intel Corporation 7 Series/C216 Chipset Family High Definition Audio Controller [8086:1e20] (rev 04)
DeviceName: AU1
Subsystem: Intel Corporation 7 Series/C216 Chipset Family High Definition Audio Controller [8086:2035]
Kernel driver in use: snd_hda_intel
Kernel modules: snd_hda_intel
--
01:00.1 Audio device [0403]: NVIDIA Corporation GM204 High Definition Audio Controller [10de:0fbb] (rev a1)
Subsystem: ASUSTeK Computer Inc. GM204 High Definition Audio Controller [1043:8518]
Kernel driver in use: snd_hda_intel
Kernel modules: snd_hda_intel

Result for installed Mint:
00:1b.0 Audio device [0403]: Intel Corporation 7 Series/C216 Chipset Family High Definition Audio Controller [8086:1e20] (rev 04)
DeviceName: AU1
Subsystem: Intel Corporation 7 Series/C216 Chipset Family High Definition Audio Controller [8086:2035]
00:1c.0 PCI bridge [0604]: Intel Corporation 7 Series/C216 Chipset Family PCI Express Root Port 1 [8086:1e10] (rev c4)
Kernel driver in use: pcieport
--
01:00.1 Audio device [0403]: NVIDIA Corporation GM204 High Definition Audio Controller [10de:0fbb] (rev a1)
Subsystem: ASUSTeK Computer Inc. GM204 High Definition Audio Controller [1043:8518]
03:00.0 Ethernet controller [0200]: Intel Corporation 82574L Gigabit Network Connection [8086:10d3]
DeviceName: L2U1

clearly they have different drivers which is probably my problem, so has anybody any ideas why?
My only additions have been ffmpeg, WinFF, Handbrake and VLC, but I was pretty sure I had them before. Could this be down to the new Nvidia driver?

linuxfreak

PostFri Nov 20, 2020 1:37 pm

I've upgraded to 450.80.02 and audio still works fine (Denon PMA 60 via USB).

Perry Mitchell

PostTue Nov 24, 2020 1:27 pm

(Been away for a while)
So it seems it is some sort of interaction between driver 455 & Resolve16. I did a new install of Mint20 and then installed 455 and rebooted. The audio was still good. I added Resolve16 and it was still good. I then rebooted and I lost the audio!.
Done a new install of Mint, added 450 via terminal, added Resolve16, rebooted and all good.

kobayashi

PostThu Dec 03, 2020 4:03 pm

Hello everyone,
looking to experiment with scripting, but both Resolve and Fusion cant find Python,
seems that they want libpythonX.X.so in a specific version and a specific folder

Can you help me with a clean way to install the specific libpython?

I already have the deadsnakes ppa to solve an issue with Animation Nodes in Blender 2.8lts

216ann

PostFri Dec 04, 2020 7:07 am

Hi, I am a newbie and my friend just bought me DRS17 with the speed editor.
I want to use Linux but I am too much of a noob to know which distro.
Perhaps Mint or Ubuntu but I because I am not a computer whiz and also lazy/impatient to deal with problems, which Linux distro is the MOST compatible with DRS17?
I despise Win 10 and don't have money for a mac.
Is DRS17 compatible with Win 7? LOL
Thanks for the advice.

Peter Chamberlain

Blackmagic Design

PostFri Dec 04, 2020 10:09 am

Download the Resolve 17 for Linux and review the readme
There is a link there to an iso u can use to install CentOS that we recommend
DaVinci Resolve Product Manager

216ann

PostFri Dec 04, 2020 9:24 pm

Thanks for your response, Mr. Chamberlain.
Based on my research, it looks like even CentOS has problems with DRS17 (or 16).
(eg filmora.wondershare.com/video/download-and-install-davinci-resolve-on-linux.html)
They say you can even have problems despite a nvidia graphics card (which I have): reallinuxuser.com/how-to-install-davinci-resolve-on-ubuntu-based-linux-distros/
fosslinux.com/24381/how-to-install-davinci-resolve-on-ubuntu.htm
Sources seem to claim that the MakeResolveDeb script applied to Ubuntu/Mint is actually more compatible with DRS than CentOS but that neither is as stable/compatible as Mac or Win.
minitool.com/partition-disk/davinci-resolve-not-opening.html
May I ask why BlackMagic chose CentOS as the platform to support?
Is Win 7 not an option?
Please share your thoughts. Thanks.

ChrisYoung

PostSat Dec 12, 2020 9:40 pm

No matter which installer file I download, I get the same error:
./makeresolvedeb_1.4.1_multi.sh ./DaVinci_Resolve_16.2.7_Linux.run
MakeResolveDeb 1.4.1
[ERROR] File does not look like a valid DaVinci Resolve installer archive

Same thing with DaVinci Resolve 17.

This is on Ubuntu 20.04.1.

Daniel Tufvesson

PostTue Dec 15, 2020 8:29 am

ChrisYoung wrote:No matter which installer file I download, I get the same error:
./makeresolvedeb_1.4.1_multi.sh ./DaVinci_Resolve_16.2.7_Linux.run
MakeResolveDeb 1.4.1
[ERROR] File does not look like a valid DaVinci Resolve installer archive

Same thing with DaVinci Resolve 17.

This is on Ubuntu 20.04.1.
Give it the name of the installer only excluding the path. Like this:
./makeresolvedeb_1.4.1_multi.sh DaVinci_Resolve_16.2.7_Linux.run

revmarkp

PostWed Dec 16, 2020 10:18 am

makeresolvedeb has worked great for me on Ubuntu-Studio 20.04, both DR 16 and 17.0b. Many thanks!

I've now just bought at activation code for DR Studio and need to know if I should uninstall DR before installing DRS? If so any advice on the procedure (for a makeresolvedeb install) appreciated.

kobayashi

PostWed Dec 16, 2020 3:15 pm

Hi,
I'd remove first the old installation with apt or dpkg, like if you are removing a native package.
Thats the beauty of makeresolvedeb
I always remove the older package also when I'm upgrading to a new version

revmarkp

PostWed Dec 16, 2020 4:08 pm

Thanks for that advice!
so:
sudo apt-get purge davinci-resolve

works fine, but note the dpkg warning:
Purging configuration files for davinci-resolve (17.0b2-mrd1.4.0) ...
dpkg: warning: while removing davinci-resolve, directory '/var/BlackmagicDesign/DaVinci Resolve' not empty so not removed

Daniel Tufvesson

PostWed Dec 16, 2020 7:08 pm

There is actually no need to remove any previous version when upgrading from one Debian package to another. The Debian package manager and Debian package configuration will do the magic for you.

When explicitly removing packages the system will not remove directories that can potentially contain user created data. Therefore it will only give the "directory not empty" warning instead of deleting.

sereshk

PostSun Dec 27, 2020 1:28 pm

Hello,
I tried using the makeresolvedeb script several times, resulting in the same error, namely:
Extracted from ISO image: file '/'='/path-to/unpack-davinci-resolve-16.2.8'
Using Resolve 16 conversion process
Adding BlackmagicRAWPlayer
Adding BlackmagicRAWSpeedTest
Creating Debian package
dpkg-deb: Fehler: Control-Verzeichnis hat falsche Zugriffsrechte 770 (muss >=0755 und <=0775 sein)

That last line is in German and translates into something like:
Error: Control-directory has the wrong access permissions/rights 770 (should be >=0755 and <=0775)

Could someone help me with that please?
I already used chmod as root on the parent directory that contains the .run file and the .sh
Like this:
chmod 0755 -c -R /path-to-parent

Any help highly appreciated! :P

Daniel Tufvesson

PostWed Jan 06, 2021 2:45 pm

770 looks odd in this case.
Are you perhaps running the process on a non-UNIX file system, like FAT or NTFS?

sereshk

PostThu Jan 07, 2021 4:39 pm

Daniel Tufvesson wrote:770 looks odd in this case.
Are you perhaps running the process on a non-UNIX file system, like FAT or NTFS?

Hello Daniel, EDIT: Sorry, I have to correct myself!
I tried several times and realized that I did not have enough space on that Downloads folder of the Ubuntu instance.
I then moved scribt and files to my data partition, which is Windows, so, yes, actually, NTFS. EDIT
I will try again one of these days, perhaps I will have more luck.

Thank you!

RitterRunkel

PostFri Jan 08, 2021 6:47 pm

First of all: @Daniel thank you for making my installs and upgrades of Resolve easy!

@all: I got a question nevertheless ... and I'd like to know if someone else experiences this as well:

Some dialogs do not open (I am using Linux Mint btw). Instead the screen is blacked out (might be not quite black but a dark grey though) and I'm not able to see/adjust anything. But I'm able to escape via ESC key ... and I'm able to continue fine (no crash).

E.g. this affects the normalization dialog in the Fairlight tab. And it's not an issue new to v17, it's been there before.

sereshk

PostSat Jan 09, 2021 11:24 am

sereshk wrote:
Daniel Tufvesson wrote:770 looks odd in this case.

Hello Daniel, EDIT: Sorry, I have to correct myself!
I tried several times and realized that I did not have enough space on that Downloads folder of the Ubuntu instance.
I then moved scribt and files to my data partition, which is Windows, so, yes, actually, NTFS. EDIT
I will try again one of these days, perhaps I will have more luck.

Thank you!

Since re-installing the OS, this time Kubuntu, I tried again, using Resolve 16.2.8 and the corresponding script. Worked like a charm!

Marc Gasser

PostFri Jan 15, 2021 8:18 pm

Its unbelievable

I worked happy with Resolve 16 for a long long time on my Xubuntu 20.04 LTS with Nvidia 2060 RTX.

From one day to the other, it just does not start anymore

Segmentation fault (core dumped)

I guess my system updated kernel and Nvidia drivers,
so I downgraded back to Nvidia 450 driver, but no, resolve is kind of dead.

Removed everything, used makeresolvedeb to build 16.2 and 17beta4, but it will not run anymore...
its embarrassing....

Dear BMD, since CentOS is will die in end of 2021, please consider setting up a new build server based on Debian.
or release a proper .deb installer or Appimage or Snap, just something modern...
and please write in the release notes of every release which Nvidia driver its build on and detailed release notes what is fixed...
and,
Thank you for supporting us Linux people!!!
Ubuntu 20.04 LTS, AMD Threadripper 2990WX 32-Core, Nvidia GeForce RTX 2080Ti 11GB, 64 GB Ram.
https://www.pocketvj.com
https://www.magdesign.ch

lucaorlandi

PostThu Jan 21, 2021 5:40 pm

I've created and instlled the .deb. Logs show that there is a problem with nvidia drivers
I'm running ubuntu 20.04 LTS focal fossa on a Dell XPS 15

These are the installed drivers:
libnvidia-encode-450:
  Installed: 450.102.04-0ubuntu0.20.04.1
  Candidate: 450.102.04-0ubuntu0.20.04.1
  Version table:
 *** 450.102.04-0ubuntu0.20.04.1 500
        500 http://it.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu focal-updates/restricted amd64 Packages
        500 http://security.ubuntu.com/ubuntu focal-security/restricted amd64 Packages
        100 /var/lib/dpkg/status
nvidia-driver-450:
  Version table:
        100 /var/lib/dpkg/status
nvidia-driver-440:
  Version table:
        100 /var/lib/dpkg/status
     440.82+really.440.64-0ubuntu6 500
        500 http://it.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu focal/restricted amd64 Packages

$ nvidia-smi
Thu Jan 21 18:28:22 2021       
+-----------------------------------------------------------------------------+
| NVIDIA-SMI 450.102.04   Driver Version: 450.102.04   CUDA Version: 11.0     |
|-------------------------------+----------------------+----------------------+
| GPU  Name        Persistence-M| Bus-Id        Disp.A | Volatile Uncorr. ECC |
| Fan  Temp  Perf  Pwr:Usage/Cap|         Memory-Usage | GPU-Util  Compute M. |
|                               |                      |               MIG M. |
|===============================+======================+======================|
|   0  GeForce GTX 1650    Off  | 00000000:01:00.0 Off |                  N/A |
| N/A   56C    P8     1W /  N/A |    650MiB /  3914MiB |      8%      Default |
|                               |                      |                  N/A |
+-------------------------------+----------------------+----------------------+

| Processes:                                                                  |
|  GPU   GI   CI        PID   Type   Process name                  GPU Memory |
|        ID   ID                                                   Usage      |
|=============================================================================|
|    0   N/A  N/A      1533      G   /usr/lib/xorg/Xorg                133MiB |
|    0   N/A  N/A      2917      G   /usr/lib/xorg/Xorg                249MiB |
|    0   N/A  N/A      3108      G   /usr/bin/gnome-shell              252MiB |

Which sould I install for those?

nvidia-opencl-icd-331/focal 340.108-0ubuntu2 amd64
  Transitional package for nvidia-opencl-icd-340

nvidia-opencl-icd-331-updates/focal 340.108-0ubuntu2 amd64

nvidia-opencl-icd-340/focal 340.108-0ubuntu2 amd64
  NVIDIA OpenCL ICD

nvidia-opencl-icd-340-updates/focal 340.108-0ubuntu2 amd64

nvidia-opencl-icd-384/focal-updates,focal-security 390.141-0ubuntu0.20.04.1 amd64
  Transitional package for nvidia-headless-390

Sorting... Done
Full Text Search... Done
libcuda1-331/focal 340.108-0ubuntu2 amd64
  Transitional package for libcuda1-340

libcuda1-331-updates/focal 340.108-0ubuntu2 amd64

libcuda1-340/focal 340.108-0ubuntu2 amd64
  NVIDIA CUDA runtime library

libcuda1-340-updates/focal 340.108-0ubuntu2 amd64

libcuda1-384/focal-updates,focal-security 390.141-0ubuntu0.20.04.1 amd64
  Transitional package for nvidia-headless-390

Marc Gasser

PostFri Jan 22, 2021 12:53 pm

Your 450 driver looks ok to me.

I have a working installation on Ubuntu 20.04 LTS, Nvidia GTX 1060 with 450er drivers....
... but as you can see just one post above, also one which is not running.

Maybe someone has a suggestion on how completely remove "resolve", all symlinks, just really everything to try with a re-install.
I am a bit feared that I have to completely wipe my laptop to get it running again.

@Dwain: maybe team up with the community and start building appimages or deb files. I am sure there are a few good coders which are willing to help you. This would be a boomer for so many cool people...
Ubuntu 20.04 LTS, AMD Threadripper 2990WX 32-Core, Nvidia GeForce RTX 2080Ti 11GB, 64 GB Ram.

Noel Sterrett

PostFri Jan 22, 2021 2:57 pm

Try installing by double-clicking the .run file. That works best for me.
Admit One Pictures

Marc Gasser

PostMon Jan 25, 2021 3:29 pm

I ended up formatting my laptop and reinstall it with popOS 20.04
Ruined a whole day...
however,
Resolve now works with the dongle, but I am not able to register with the key... but it runs.

RitterRunkel

PostSun Jan 31, 2021 8:47 pm

Marc Gasser wrote:Resolve now works with the dongle, but I am not able to register with the key... but it runs.

This often does not work for me as well. I have to explicitly deactivate another Resolve installation and free the key (via menu) before the key is accepted in a fresh installation.

RitterRunkel wrote:Some dialogs do not open (I am using Linux Mint btw). Instead the screen is blacked out (might be not quite black but a dark grey though) and I'm not able to see/adjust anything.

Nevermind. I reinstalled Resolve on a better machine with more power and memory and it's fine now. Btw: now that I can see those dialogs I think this affected only dialogs that have a little arrow at the bottom and are placed above the related items in the timeline. Something might be different here.

I hope the following is not off topic since not related to the installation, but I have question regarding the workflow on Linux: I have a lot of clips from different sources with the typical H264/AAC codec combination. I always have to run a for loop with FFMPEG to decode AAC to PCM while copying the video. Otherwise my Resolve Studio does not play the audio. This is known to you guys, right? Any advices how to avoid this special treatment beforehand - are you able to directly load such clips?

Marc Gasser

PostWed Feb 03, 2021 4:51 pm

I always have to run a for loop with FFMPEG to decode AAC to PCM while copying the video. Otherwise my Resolve Studio does not play the audio. This is known to you guys, right? Any advices how to avoid this special treatment beforehand - are you able to directly load such clips?

Its a known problem, I once asked the support, they have no intention to fix this (I guess its a licensing problem, but bmd's communication was never very open or userfriendly..), however:

Solution 1:

Extract the audio from the clips, convert them to .wav and spend a lot of time to match the wav's to the corresponding videos.

Solution 2:

Convert all videos to a supported audio/video format before importing.

RitterRunkel

PostWed Feb 03, 2021 5:08 pm

Marc Gasser wrote:
Solution 2:

Convert all videos to a supported audio/video format before importing.

That's what I currently do ... running something like
for i in *.mp4 ; do ffmpeg -i $i -c:v copy -c:a pcm_s24le -ar 48k pcm/`basename $i`.mov; done

It's okay, since audio is still in sync and quality loss is avoided. But it wastes a little time and space (temporary). Also, since I only want to keep the original files, I cannot relink files and edit my projects in future ...

Well, thank you Marc for verifying the issue!

pavelsiska

PostSun Feb 28, 2021 10:52 am

Hey guys,

Anyone else having troubles with Ubuntu 20.10? Davinci Resolve 17 worked like two days on my workstation and then due to a system update or something else I guess, I get a segmentation fault now. Right after running '/opt/resolve/bin/resolve' in terminal. Which outputs only "Segmentation fault" ... not much helpful.

ldd '/opt/resolve/bin/resolve'

lists all the libraries as found.

I tried gdb tracing as well and got at least this:
Starting program: /opt/resolve/bin/resolve
[Thread debugging using libthread_db enabled]
Using host libthread_db library "/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libthread_db.so.1".

Program received signal SIGSEGV, Segmentation fault.
__dlsym (handle=<optimized out>, name=0x7ffff4524860 "free") at dlsym.c:68
68   dlsym.c: No such file or directory.
(gdb) backtrace
#0  __dlsym (handle=<optimized out>, name=0x7ffff4524860 "free") at dlsym.c:68
#1  0x00007ffff4523fd5 in InitOrigPointers() () at ../../src/tbbmalloc/proxy.cpp:90
#2  free(void*) (object=0x7fffca9540b0) at ../../src/tbbmalloc/proxy.cpp:124
#3  0x00007fffec9ebbad in _dlerror_run (operate=operate@entry=0x7fffec9eb4a0 <dlsym_doit>, args=args@entry=0x7fffff7ff0a0) at dlerror.c:166
#4  0x00007fffec9eb52d in __dlsym (handle=<optimized out>, name=0x7ffff4524860 "free") at dlsym.c:70

But have no idea what it means.

My specs are:
AMD® Ryzen 9 3900x 12-core processor × 24
Nvidia GTX TITAN X
Memory 32 GB

Captured log attached
Attachments
log_archive.zip
(35 KiB) Downloaded 200 times

smunaut

PostSun Feb 28, 2021 12:08 pm

So in your log, I find these :

0x7f0134887640 | LeManager | ERROR | 2021-02-23 19:21:46,301 | 22, 174, -1
0x7f00f9841700 | LeManager | ERROR | 2021-02-23 19:22:18,193 | 23, 491, -148
0x7f00f9841700 | LeManager | ERROR | 2021-02-23 19:22:19,565 | 41, 259, -1005
0x7f00f9841700 | LeManager | ERROR | 2021-02-23 19:22:19,779 | 163, 108, 77
0x7f00f9841700 | LeManager | ERROR | 2021-02-23 19:22:19,779 | 165, 45, 0

Which tell me something goes wrong during the license check.
Obviously no way to know what, those are cryptic ...

Are you using a dongle or an activation code ?

I know that when I have my dongle not plugged, I can also get a segfault, but it sort of a red-herring, it's just when trying to shutdown the program before it's fully initialized, something goes wrong, but the real problem is that it can't find the dongle ...
Resolve Studio - Ryzen 5800X3D - AMD RX6600 / NVidia RTX 4070 (switching between the 2) - Linux

pavelsiska

PostSun Feb 28, 2021 5:31 pm

Thanks smunaut for taking the time to look into it!
As it turned out, Resolve had a problem with eset antivirus. When I removed eset the segfault disappeared.

Arthurx

PostThu Apr 08, 2021 11:27 am

I have been trying to install Davinic Resolve Studio with the makeresolvedeb script. I got it installed, I could open Resolve, put in the activation key, start a project, open a mediabin, but when I make a timeline, I get an error message:

"GPU error 999"

A little later Davinci crashes.
If I start the BlackMagic SpeedTest before Davinci it shows cpu and CUDA speed like 50fps for 6K RAW video.
So it looks like the GPU works with CUDA

This is the ouput of nvidia-smi:

| NVIDIA-SMI 460.67       Driver Version: 460.67       CUDA Version: 11.2     |
|-------------------------------+----------------------+----------------------+
| GPU  Name        Persistence-M| Bus-Id        Disp.A | Volatile Uncorr. ECC |
| Fan  Temp  Perf  Pwr:Usage/Cap|         Memory-Usage | GPU-Util  Compute M. |
|                               |                      |               MIG M. |
|===============================+======================+======================|
|   0  GeForce GTX 1050    On   | 00000000:01:00.0 Off |                  N/A |
| N/A   38C    P8    N/A /  N/A |   1332MiB /  4042MiB |      0%      Default |
|                               |                      |                  N/A |
+-------------------------------+----------------------+----------------------+

| Processes:                                                                  |
|  GPU   GI   CI        PID   Type   Process name                  GPU Memory |
|        ID   ID                                                   Usage      |
|=============================================================================|
|    0   N/A  N/A       721      G   /usr/lib/xorg/Xorg                  4MiB |
|    0   N/A  N/A      2057      C   /opt/resolve/bin/resolve         1326MiB |

My install history:
I first started with a fresh install Debian Buster, then I needed CUDA 11 support and I added the backport from Bullseye.
That was OK, but I got GPU 999 error and found this makeresolvedeb script, tried that and it still shows GPU 999 error. Then I thought maybe a fresh install with Debian Bullseye direct without backports. Now the activation key is no longer actepted, because I deleted the whole partition without uninstalling of Davinci. I asked BlackMagic for a key reset. Activated the key, opened resolve and again that GPU 999 error.

If you know anything that can help me,
many thanks in advance,
Arthur :)
I really want to start editing videos

shooting: bmpcc 6k
laptop: i7-8750H | 8gb ram | Nvidia GTX 1050 4gb
for daily audio/music production: debian stable buster

Arthurx

PostFri Apr 09, 2021 6:16 am

@ Daniel, thanks for the script and guide to install it, really helpful.

@All:

I have two questions.

First question:

I use a different partition for /home/ and another one for /root/ , might that hamper Resolve?

Second question:

If I use the 'apt remove davinci-resolve' , does that give a chance for Resolve to uninstall the activation key or is it better to use the blackmagic run script to be able to uninstall with their software, so that it has the time to delist the activation key? In case I want to do fresh install of the linux OS.

thanks Arthur

Daniel Tufvesson

PostSat Apr 10, 2021 8:09 am

Hi Arthur!

Unfortunately GPU error 999 is generic and can mean many things. Could you provide the whole log file? In general your setup looks OK. Resolve should run fine under Bullseye with the 460.67 driver. Tell us a little more about your system. Do you have other GPUs besides the GTX 1050? Is this maybe a laptop with NVIDIA Optimus/Prime? If so, try disabling "switchable" graphics in BIOS.

1. Different partitions should not cause problems for Resolve. Just make sure that the file systems used are fully POSIX compliant (such as ext4).

2. Uninstalling Resolve does not deactivate the license. This is the same regardless of your chosen installation method. If you want to deactivate the license you can do so from the help menu before uninstall. See the FAQ for more detailed info regarding the licensing. viewtopic.php?f=21&t=90190

From the FAQ:
How many machines can I use my activation key on?
Each activation key can be activated twice, for example once on a desktop workstation and another on a laptop. If the license key is activated a third time, then all previous activations of the software will be cleared, and you will need to activate any copy again.

I’ve upgraded my machine - How do I transfer my license from my old machine?
Just enter your activation key again on the new machine after installing DaVinci Resolve Studio. If you have reached your number of activations, all previous activations of the software will be cleared automatically. Alternatively you can choose the Deactivate option from the “Help” menu in DaVinci Resolve.

Arthurx

PostSat Apr 10, 2021 3:34 pm

Hi Daniel,

Thank you very much!

I have gone in the BIOS and changed the GPU setting from switchable to UMD, which they wrote is for Windows XP.

I tested, the Nvidia GPU is switched of and only the intel onboard graphics is available.

Here more about my system:

This are the two GPU s:
/0/100/1/0 display GP107M [GeForce GTX 1050 Mobile]
/0/100/2 display CoffeeLake-H GT2 [UHD Graphics 630]

And your suggestion is to switch off the Intel UHD 630. But it is not possible in the BIOS.

This is the output of lshw -short :

root@xixi:~# lshw -short
H/W path           Device     Class          Description
========================================================
                              system         81FK (LENOVO_MT_81FK_BU_idea_FM_ide
/0                            bus            LNVNB161216
/0/0                          memory         128KiB BIOS
/0/4                          processor      Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-8750H CPU @ 2.
/0/4/5                        memory         384KiB L1 cache
/0/4/6                        memory         1536KiB L2 cache
/0/4/7                        memory         9MiB L3 cache
/0/25                         memory         8GiB System Memory
/0/25/0                       memory         4GiB SODIMM DDR4 Synchronous 2400 M
/0/25/1                       memory         4GiB SODIMM DDR4 Synchronous 2400 M
/0/100                        bridge         8th Gen Core Processor Host Bridge/
/0/100/1                      bridge         6th-10th Gen Core Processor PCIe Co
/0/100/1/0                    display        GP107M [GeForce GTX 1050 Mobile]
/0/100/2                      display        CoffeeLake-H GT2 [UHD Graphics 630]
/0/100/8                      generic        Xeon E3-1200 v5/v6 / E3-1500 v5 / 6
/0/100/12                     generic        Cannon Lake PCH Thermal Controller
/0/100/14                     bus            Cannon Lake PCH USB 3.1 xHCI Host C
/0/100/14/0        usb1       bus            xHCI Host Controller
/0/100/14/0/8                 multimedia     EasyCamera
/0/100/14/0/e                 communication  Bluetooth 9460/9560 Jefferson Peak
/0/100/14/1        usb2       bus            xHCI Host Controller
/0/100/14.2                   memory         RAM memory
/0/100/14.3                   network        Wireless-AC 9560 [Jefferson Peak]
/0/100/15                     bus            Cannon Lake PCH Serial IO I2C Contr
/0/100/15.1                   bus            Cannon Lake PCH Serial IO I2C Contr
/0/100/16                     communication  Cannon Lake PCH HECI Controller
/0/100/17          scsi4      storage        Cannon Lake Mobile PCH SATA AHCI Co
/0/100/17/0.0.0    /dev/sda   disk           1TB ST1000LM035-1RK1
/0/100/17/0.0.0/1  /dev/sda1  volume         15MiB reserved partition
/0/100/17/0.0.0/2  /dev/sda2  volume         931GiB Windows NTFS volume
/0/100/1d                     bridge         Cannon Lake PCH PCI Express Root Po
/0/100/1d/0                   storage        SM2263EN/SM2263XT SSD Controller
/0/100/1d.5                   bridge         Cannon Lake PCH PCI Express Root Po
/0/100/1d.5/0      enp7s0     network        RTL8111/8168/8411 PCI Express Gigab
/0/100/1e                     communication  Cannon Lake PCH Serial IO UART Host
/0/100/1f                     bridge         HM470 Chipset LPC/eSPI Controller
/0/100/1f.3                   multimedia     Cannon Lake PCH cAVS
/0/100/1f.4                   bus            Cannon Lake PCH SMBus Controller
/0/100/1f.5                   bus            Cannon Lake PCH SPI Controller
/0/1                          system         PnP device PNP0c02
/0/2                          system         PnP device PNP0c02
/0/3                          system         PnP device PNP0c02
/0/5                          system         PnP device PNP0b00
/0/6                          generic        PnP device INT3f0d
/0/7                          input          PnP device PNP0303
/0/8                          system         PnP device PNP0c02
/0/9                          system         PnP device PNP0c02
/1                            power          CRB Battery 0

Here the output of lspci :

/2                          

root@xixi:~# lspci
00:00.0 Host bridge: Intel Corporation 8th Gen Core Processor Host Bridge/DRAM Registers (rev 07)
00:01.0 PCI bridge: Intel Corporation 6th-10th Gen Core Processor PCIe Controller (x16) (rev 07)
00:02.0 VGA compatible controller: Intel Corporation CoffeeLake-H GT2 [UHD Graphics 630]
00:08.0 System peripheral: Intel Corporation Xeon E3-1200 v5/v6 / E3-1500 v5 / 6th/7th/8th Gen Core Processor Gaussian Mixture Model
00:12.0 Signal processing controller: Intel Corporation Cannon Lake PCH Thermal Controller (rev 10)
00:14.0 USB controller: Intel Corporation Cannon Lake PCH USB 3.1 xHCI Host Controller (rev 10)
00:14.2 RAM memory: Intel Corporation Cannon Lake PCH Shared SRAM (rev 10)
00:14.3 Network controller: Intel Corporation Wireless-AC 9560 [Jefferson Peak] (rev 10)
00:15.0 Serial bus controller [0c80]: Intel Corporation Cannon Lake PCH Serial IO I2C Controller #0 (rev 10)
00:15.1 Serial bus controller [0c80]: Intel Corporation Cannon Lake PCH Serial IO I2C Controller #1 (rev 10)
00:16.0 Communication controller: Intel Corporation Cannon Lake PCH HECI Controller (rev 10)
00:17.0 SATA controller: Intel Corporation Cannon Lake Mobile PCH SATA AHCI Controller (rev 10)
00:1d.0 PCI bridge: Intel Corporation Cannon Lake PCH PCI Express Root Port #9 (rev f0)
00:1d.5 PCI bridge: Intel Corporation Cannon Lake PCH PCI Express Root Port #14 (rev f0)
00:1e.0 Communication controller: Intel Corporation Cannon Lake PCH Serial IO UART Host Controller (rev 10)
00:1f.0 ISA bridge: Intel Corporation HM470 Chipset LPC/eSPI Controller (rev 10)
00:1f.3 Audio device: Intel Corporation Cannon Lake PCH cAVS (rev 10)
00:1f.4 SMBus: Intel Corporation Cannon Lake PCH SMBus Controller (rev 10)
00:1f.5 Serial bus controller [0c80]: Intel Corporation Cannon Lake PCH SPI Controller (rev 10)
01:00.0 3D controller: NVIDIA Corporation GP107M [GeForce GTX 1050 Mobile] (rev a1)
06:00.0 Non-Volatile memory controller: Silicon Motion, Inc. SM2263EN/SM2263XT SSD Controller (rev 03)
07:00.0 Ethernet controller: Realtek Semiconductor Co., Ltd. RTL8111/8168/8411 PCI Express Gigabit Ethernet Controller (rev 10)

I found one error message, when starting resolve from the commandline. It has to do with not being able to start a logfile.

log4cxx: setFile(./logs/rollinglog.txt,true) call failed.
log4cxx: IO Exception : status code = 2

arthurx@xixi:~/Downloads/DaVinci_Resolve_17.1.1_Linux$ /opt/resolve/bin/resolve
ActCCMessage Already in Table: Code= c005, Mode= 13, Level=  1, CmdKey= -1, Option= 0
ActCCMessage Already in Table: Code= c006, Mode= 13, Level=  1, CmdKey= -1, Option= 0
ActCCMessage Already in Table: Code= c007, Mode= 13, Level=  1, CmdKey= -1, Option= 0
ActCCMessage Already in Table: Code= 2282, Mode=  0, Level=  0, CmdKey= 8, Option= 0
PnlMsgActionStringAdapter Already in Table: Code= 615e, Mode=  0, Level=  0, CmdKey= -1, Option= 0
17.1.1.0009 Linux/Clang x86_64
Main thread starts: DBA2C680
log4cxx: setFile(./logs/rollinglog.txt,true) call failed.
log4cxx: IO Exception : status code = 2
0x7f2cdba2c680 | Undefined            | INFO  | 2021-04-10 11:19:22,300 | --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
log4cxx: No output stream or file set for the appender named [RollLogAppender].
0x7f2cdba2c680 | Undefined            | INFO  | 2021-04-10 11:19:22,300 | Loaded log config from /home/arthurx/.local/share/DaVinciResolve/configs/log-conf.xml
0x7f2cdba2c680 | Undefined            | INFO  | 2021-04-10 11:19:22,301 | --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Discard all samples (playback) or generate zero samples (capture)
Playback/recording through the PulseAudio sound server
Rate Converter Plugin Using Libav/FFmpeg Library
Rate Converter Plugin Using Samplerate Library
Rate Converter Plugin Using Speex Resampler
JACK Audio Connection Kit
Open Sound System
PulseAudio Sound Server
Plugin for channel upmix (4,6,8)
Plugin for channel downmix (stereo) with a simple spacialization
HDA Intel PCH, Generic AnalogDirect hardware device without any conversions
HDA Intel PCH, HDMI 0Direct hardware device without any conversions
HDA Intel PCH, HDMI 1Direct hardware device without any conversions
HDA Intel PCH, HDMI 2Direct hardware device without any conversions
HDA Intel PCH, HDMI 3Direct hardware device without any conversions
HDA Intel PCH, HDMI 4Direct hardware device without any conversions
HDA Intel PCH, Generic AnalogHardware device with all software conversions
HDA Intel PCH, HDMI 0Hardware device with all software conversions
HDA Intel PCH, HDMI 1Hardware device with all software conversions
HDA Intel PCH, HDMI 2Hardware device with all software conversions
HDA Intel PCH, HDMI 3Hardware device with all software conversions
HDA Intel PCH, HDMI 4Hardware device with all software conversions
HDA Intel PCH, Generic AnalogDefault Audio Device
HDA Intel PCH, Generic AnalogFront output / input
HDA Intel PCH, Generic Analog2.1 Surround output to Front and Subwoofer speakers
HDA Intel PCH, Generic Analog4.0 Surround output to Front and Rear speakers
HDA Intel PCH, Generic Analog4.1 Surround output to Front, Rear and Subwoofer speakers
HDA Intel PCH, Generic Analog5.0 Surround output to Front, Center and Rear speakers
HDA Intel PCH, Generic Analog5.1 Surround output to Front, Center, Rear and Subwoofer speakers
HDA Intel PCH, Generic Analog7.1 Surround output to Front, Center, Side, Rear and Woofer speakers
HDA Intel PCH, HDMI 0HDMI Audio Output
HDA Intel PCH, HDMI 1HDMI Audio Output
HDA Intel PCH, HDMI 2HDMI Audio Output
HDA Intel PCH, HDMI 3HDMI Audio Output
HDA Intel PCH, HDMI 4HDMI Audio Output
HDA Intel PCH, Generic AnalogDirect sample mixing device
HDA Intel PCH, HDMI 0Direct sample mixing device
HDA Intel PCH, HDMI 1Direct sample mixing device
HDA Intel PCH, HDMI 2Direct sample mixing device
HDA Intel PCH, HDMI 3Direct sample mixing device
HDA Intel PCH, HDMI 4Direct sample mixing device
HDA Intel PCHUSB Stream Output
Open Sound System
PulseAudio Sound Server
HDA Intel PCH, Generic Analog2.1 Surround output to Front and Subwoofer speakers
HDA Intel PCH, Generic Analog4.1 Surround output to Front, Rear and Subwoofer speakers
HDA Intel PCH, Generic Analog5.0 Surround output to Front, Center and Rear speakers
HDA Intel PCH, Generic Analog5.1 Surround output to Front, Center, Rear and Subwoofer speakers
HDA Intel PCH, Generic Analog7.1 Surround output to Front, Center, Side, Rear and Woofer speakers
Open Sound System
PulseAudio Sound Server
Resolve communication is open and waiting..
Accepted new client
FusionScript Server [4524] Started
Host 'Fusion' [3997] Added
Open Sound System
PulseAudio Sound Server
Open Sound System
PulseAudio Sound Server

i have gone to the nvidia-settings-xserver and above the Application Porfiles tab should appear the PRIME tab, sadly the PRIME tab didnt appear.

Maybe unrelated, but some parts got double links in the Applications>Multimedia>BlackMagicRAWPlayer gets two menu items one of them starting the RAWplayer and the other an error message like:
"Failed to execute command: ."/unpack_davinci_resolve_17.1.1/RAWplayer/RAWplayer" "

Thanks again,
Arthur :o

Daniel Tufvesson

PostSat Apr 10, 2021 8:56 pm

Arthurx wrote:I have gone in the BIOS and changed the GPU setting from switchable to UMD, which they wrote is for Windows XP.

I tested, the Nvidia GPU is switched of and only the intel onboard graphics is available.

Here more about my system:

This are the two GPU s:
/0/100/1/0 display GP107M [GeForce GTX 1050 Mobile]
/0/100/2 display CoffeeLake-H GT2 [UHD Graphics 630]

And your suggestion is to switch off the Intel UHD 630. But it is not possible in the BIOS.
Interesting. This is the inverse of what I'm used to seeing. AFAIK disabling switchable graphics usually disables the built-in Intel Graphics and permanently enables the NVIDIA GPU.
Just verified this behavior on a Dell Precision 7550 laptop with Quadro RTX 3000:
IMG_0551.jpg
IMG_0551.jpg (397.05 KiB) Viewed 25501 times
If you cannot make this change in BIOS I would recommend reading up on NVIDIA Optimus for Debian to make the NVIDIA GPU selection permanent. https://wiki.debian.org/NVIDIA%20Optimus
Also uninstall any Intel OpenCL libraries such as beignet.

From my experience NVIDIA Optimus/Prime is a little flaky right now on Debian. Canonical has done more job on this for Ubuntu by combining the nvidia-driver package with fixes in the ubuntu-drivers-common package.

The messages written to the console when running Resolve is of little use for debugging I'm afraid. The log4cxx errors are normal.
Please provide a copy of your debug log file from ~/.local/share/DaVinciResolve/logs/

Duplicate application icons are often caused by installing/upgrading Resolve using the .run file without first uninstalling properly but the path you mention does not look like any path installed by either the .run file or makereoslvedeb. Did you possibly make any changes manually?

Arthurx

PostSun Apr 11, 2021 7:17 am

Thank you very much for the pointers,
I am reading up on the OPTIMUS settings.

It's really a pity that the switching didn't work as there was only the inverse option of in your BIOS. :|

Somehow I am not allowed to upload a .log or .txt file here the first part:

0x7f2cdba2c680 | Main                 | INFO  | 2021-04-10 11:19:22,301 | Running DaVinci Resolve v17.1.1.0009 (Linux/Clang x86_64)
0x7f2cdba2c680 | Main                 | INFO  | 2021-04-10 11:19:22,301 | BMD_BUILD_UUID 450c4584-c84f-4cd4-a7bb-98b3fcab9786
0x7f2cdba2c680 | Main                 | INFO  | 2021-04-10 11:19:22,301 | BMD_GIT_COMMIT 0789840c2ac307541ca233d76f787b9bbbf2013d
0x7f2cdba2c680 | GPUDetect            | INFO  | 2021-04-10 11:19:22,302 | Starting GPUDetect 1.1_3-a2
0x7f2cdba2c680 | GPUDetect            | ERROR | 2021-04-10 11:19:22,382 | No Main Display GPU found and no monitors found to match, defaulting to gpu:b5eb62b9.f91e8f0c.
0x7f2cdba2c680 | GPUDetect            | INFO  | 2021-04-10 11:19:22,382 | Done in 80 ms.
0x7f2cdba2c680 | GPUDetect            | INFO  | 2021-04-10 11:19:22,382 | Detected System:
0x7f2cdba2c680 | GPUDetect            | INFO  | 2021-04-10 11:19:22,382 |   - OS: Linux Debian GNU/Linux bullseye/sid
0x7f2cdba2c680 | GPUDetect            | INFO  | 2021-04-10 11:19:22,382 |   - Model: LENOVO LNVNB161216
0x7f2cdba2c680 | GPUDetect            | INFO  | 2021-04-10 11:19:22,382 |   - System ID: 2a221f1cdb3a48e0acd09a0148520172
0x7f2cdba2c680 | GPUDetect            | INFO  | 2021-04-10 11:19:22,382 |   - CPU: Intel Core i7-8750H, 12 threads, x86-64
0x7f2cdba2c680 | GPUDetect            | INFO  | 2021-04-10 11:19:22,382 |   - RAM: 2.9 GiB used of 7.6 GiB
0x7f2cdba2c680 | GPUDetect            | INFO  | 2021-04-10 11:19:22,382 |   - NVIDIA GPU Driver: 460.67, supports CUDA 11.2
0x7f2cdba2c680 | GPUDetect            | INFO  | 2021-04-10 11:19:22,382 | Detected 1 GPUs:
0x7f2cdba2c680 | GPUDetect            | INFO  | 2021-04-10 11:19:22,382 |   - "NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050" (gpu:b5eb62b9.f91e8f0c) <- Main Display GPU
0x7f2cdba2c680 | GPUDetect            | INFO  | 2021-04-10 11:19:22,382 |     Discrete, 382 MiB used of 3.8 GiB VRAM, PCI:1:0.0
0x7f2cdba2c680 | GPUDetect            | INFO  | 2021-04-10 11:19:22,382 |     Matches: CUDA, NVML, OpenCL, XOrg
0x7f2cdba2c680 | GPUDetect            | INFO  | 2021-04-10 11:19:22,382 | Detected 1 monitors:
0x7f2cdba2c680 | Main.GPUConfig       | INFO  | 2021-04-10 11:19:22,383 | Compute API set to automatic, defaulting to CUDA.
0x7f2cdba2c680 | Main.GPUConfig       | INFO  | 2021-04-10 11:19:22,383 | Selected compute API: CUDA
0x7f2cdba2c680 | Main.GPUConfig       | INFO  | 2021-04-10 11:19:22,383 | Automatic GPU Selection:
0x7f2cdba2c680 | Main.GPUConfig       | INFO  | 2021-04-10 11:19:22,383 |   - "NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050" (gpu:b5eb62b9.f91e8f0c)
0x7f2cdba2c680 | IO                   | INFO  | 2021-04-10 11:19:22,383 | RED InitializeSdk with library path at /opt/resolve/libs
0x7f2cdba2c680 | IO                   | INFO  | 2021-04-10 11:19:22,592 | R3DAPI 8.0.0-49A09 (20201217 Lx64S) R3DSDK 8.0.0-49A09 (20201217 Lx64D C3B1) RED CUDA 8.0.0-50396 (20201217) [/opt/resolve/libs/] init is successful
0x7f2cdba2c680 | Main                 | INFO  | 2021-04-10 11:19:22,593 | 0 RED rocket cards available
libDeckLinkAPI.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
0x7f2cdba2c680 | Main                 | INFO  | 2021-04-10 11:19:22,593 | Decklink model name: '', version: ''
0x7f2cdba2c680 | DVIP                 | INFO  | 2021-04-10 11:19:22,593 | DVIP release/17.1.1 build 6 (3b557bd499820dd34cabd62039a0cd828cd42c5b). Release, version 17.1.1.
0x7f2cdba2c680 | Main                 | INFO  | 2021-04-10 11:19:22,641 | Installed custom font: Open Sans
0x7f2cdba2c680 | Main                 | INFO  | 2021-04-10 11:19:22,641 | Installed custom font: Open Sans
0x7f2cdba2c680 | Main                 | INFO  | 2021-04-10 11:19:22,642 | Installed custom font: Open Sans
0x7f2cdba2c680 | Main                 | INFO  | 2021-04-10 11:19:22,654 | Finished loading Application style sheet
Local.Speed.Debug switched OFF - ''
0x7f2c8a856700 | LeManager            | INFO  | 2021-04-10 11:19:23,076 | 521, 29
0x7f2cdba2c680 | BtCommon             | INFO  | 2021-04-10 11:19:23,076 | Memory config: reserved=4403M pinned=3302M log=0
0x7f2cdba2c680 | BtCommon             | INFO  | 2021-04-10 11:19:23,076 | Using default pooled memory manager
0x7f2c89854700 | BtCommon             | INFO  | 2021-04-10 11:19:23,076 | BtResourceManager Process Thread Started
0x7f2cdba2c680 | BtCommon             | INFO  | 2021-04-10 11:19:23,076 | Daemon DPDecoder is started 4024
0x7f2cdba2c680 | BtCommon             | INFO  | 2021-04-10 11:19:23,077 | Daemon DPDecoder is started 4025
0x7f2cdba2c680 | BtCommon             | INFO  | 2021-04-10 11:19:23,077 | Daemon DPDecoder is started 4026
0x7f2cdba2c680 | BtCommon             | INFO  | 2021-04-10 11:19:23,077 | Daemon DPDecoder is started 4027
0x7f2cdba2c680 | BtCommon             | INFO  | 2021-04-10 11:19:23,077 | Daemon DPDecoder is started 4028
0x7f2cdba2c680 | BtCommon             | INFO  | 2021-04-10 11:19:23,078 | Daemon DPDecoder is started 4029
0x7f2cdba2c680 | BtCommon             | INFO  | 2021-04-10 11:19:23,078 | Daemon DPDecoder is started 4030
0x7f2cdba2c680 | BtCommon             | INFO  | 2021-04-10 11:19:23,078 | Daemon DPDecoder is started 4031
0x7f2cdba2c680 | SyManager            | INFO  | 2021-04-10 11:19:23,091 | Total: 20, NumDtThreads: 8, NumComms: 0, NumSites: 1

0x7f2cdba2c680 | SyManager            | INFO  | 2021-04-10 11:19:23,091 | Lookaheads -> playback = 20, record = 20, stop = 2

Sy High Command Handler Thread ----- (139829228930816)
SY high priority cmd handler thread starts: 87850700
Sy Low Command Handler Thread ----- (139829220538112)
SY low priority cmd handler thread starts: 8704F700
Sy Data Handler Thread ----- (139829212145408)
SY data handler thread starts: 8684E700
Gs Low Command Handler Thread ----- (139829178574592)
GS low priority cmd handler thread starts: 8484A700
Gs High Command Handler Thread ----- (139829186967296)
GS high priority cmd handler thread starts: 8504B700
0x7f2c84049700 | GsManager            | INFO  | 2021-04-10 11:19:23,091 | Gs Processor Thread ----- (139829170181888)

Dp High Command Handler Thread ----- (139829161789184)
DP high priority cmd handler thread starts: 83848700
GS processor thread starts: 84049700
Local.Speed.Verbose switched OFF - ''
0x7f2c8584c700 | SyManager            | ERROR | 2021-04-10 11:19:23,091 | Failed to connect to panel socket
Dp Low Command Handler Thread ----- (139829153396480)
DP low priority cmd handler thread starts: 83047700
0x7f2c8584c700 | SyManager            | ERROR | 2021-04-10 11:19:23,091 | DRIVER: open /var/tmp/davinci_socket failed
Dt High Command Handler Thread ----- (139829145003776)
DT high priority cmd handler thhread starts: 82846700
Dt Low Command Handler Thread ----- (139829136611072)
DT low priority cmd handler thread starts: 82045700
0x7f2cdba2c680 | DtManager            | INFO  | 2021-04-10 11:19:23,092 | Using 8 generic IO threads
0x7f2c81844700 | DtManager            | INFO  | 2021-04-10 11:19:23,092 | Dt Data Handler Thread Started
DT data handler thread starts: 81844700
0x7f2cdba2c680 | DtManager            | INFO  | 2021-04-10 11:19:23,092 | Total of 16 IO threads (including 8 generic and 8 Red decode threads)
0x7f2c81043700 | DtManager            | INFO  | 2021-04-10 11:19:23,092 | Dt Worker Thread Started
0x7f2c80842700 | DtManager            | INFO  | 2021-04-10 11:19:23,092 | Dt Worker Thread Started
0x7f2c7f840700 | DtManager            | INFO  | 2021-04-10 11:19:23,092 | Dt Worker Thread Started
0x7f2c80041700 | DtManager            | INFO  | 2021-04-10 11:19:23,092 | Dt Worker Thread Started
0x7f2c7f03f700 | DtManager            | INFO  | 2021-04-10 11:19:23,092 | Dt Worker Thread Started
0x7f2c7e83e700 | DtManager            | INFO  | 2021-04-10 11:19:23,092 | Dt Worker Thread Started
0x7f2c7d83c700 | DtManager            | INFO  | 2021-04-10 11:19:23,092 | Dt Worker Thread Started
0x7f2c7e03d700 | DtManager            | INFO  | 2021-04-10 11:19:23,092 | Dt Worker Thread Started
0x7f2c7d03b700 | DtManager            | INFO  | 2021-04-10 11:19:23,092 | Dt Worker Thread Started
0x7f2c7c83a700 | DtManager            | INFO  | 2021-04-10 11:19:23,092 | Dt Worker Thread Started
0x7f2c7c039700 | DtManager            | INFO  | 2021-04-10 11:19:23,092 | Dt Worker Thread Started
0x7f2c7b838700 | DtManager            | INFO  | 2021-04-10 11:19:23,093 | Dt Worker Thread Started
0x7f2c79834700 | DtManager            | INFO  | 2021-04-10 11:19:23,093 | Dt Worker Thread Started
0x7f2c7b037700 | DtManager            | INFO  | 2021-04-10 11:19:23,093 | Dt Worker Thread Started
0x7f2c7a836700 | DtManager            | INFO  | 2021-04-10 11:19:23,093 | Dt Worker Thread Started
0x7f2c7a035700 | DtManager            | INFO  | 2021-04-10 11:19:23,093 | Dt Worker Thread Started
0x7f2c79033700 | DtManager            | INFO  | 2021-04-10 11:19:23,093 | Dt Worker Thread Started
Ls High Command Handler Thread ----- (139828968756992)
Ls Low Command Handler Thread ----- (139828960364288)
LS low priority cmd handler thread starts: 77830700
Ls Data Handler Thread ----- (139828951971584)
0x7f2c78832700 | DtManager            | INFO  | 2021-04-10 11:19:23,093 | Dt Worker Thread Started
Ls High Command Handler Thread ----- (139828943578880)
LS data handler thread starts: 7702F700
Ls Low Command Handler Thread ----- (139828935186176)
LS low priority cmd handler thread starts: 7602D700
Ls Data Handler Thread ----- (139828926793472)
LS data handler thread starts: 7582C700
Ls High Command Handler Thread ----- (139828918400768)
Ls Low Command Handler Thread ----- (139828910008064)
LS low priority cmd handler thread starts: 7482A700
Ls Data Handler Thread ----- (139828901615360)
Mem Data Transmitter Thread ----- (139828893222656)
0x7f2cdba2c680 | DbCommon2            | INFO  | 2021-04-10 11:19:23,093 | Loading dblist file: /home/arthurx/.local/share/DaVinciResolve/configs/.dblist
Mem data transmitter thread starts: 73828700
0x7f2c74029700 | GPU.MultiBoardMgr    | INFO  | 2021-04-10 11:19:23,102 | Let There Be CUDA Light!
0x7f2cdba2c680 | IO                   | INFO  | 2021-04-10 11:19:23,154 | Using DNxHR library v2.6.1.19r
0x7f2cdba2c680 | IO                   | INFO  | 2021-04-10 11:19:23,158 | Kdu ctx(0), bundle(0), thds(2)
0x7f2cdba2c680 | IO                   | INFO  | 2021-04-10 11:19:23,158 | Kdu ctx(2), bundle(0), thds(2)
0x7f2cdba2c680 | IO                   | INFO  | 2021-04-10 11:19:23,159 | Kdu ctx(4), bundle(0), thds(2)
0x7f2cdba2c680 | IO                   | INFO  | 2021-04-10 11:19:23,159 | Kdu ctx(6), bundle(0), thds(2)
0x7f2cdba2c680 | IO                   | INFO  | 2021-04-10 11:19:23,159 | Kdu ctx(8), bundle(0), thds(1)
0x7f2cdba2c680 | IO                   | INFO  | 2021-04-10 11:19:23,159 | Kdu ctx(9), bundle(0), thds(1)
0x7f2cdba2c680 | IO                   | INFO  | 2021-04-10 11:19:23,159 | Kdu ctx(10), bundle(0), thds(1)
0x7f2cdba2c680 | IO                   | INFO  | 2021-04-10 11:19:23,159 | Kdu ctx(11), bundle(0), thds(1)
0x7f2cdba2c680 | UI.GLContext         | INFO  | 2021-04-10 11:19:23,176 | Creating shared OpenGL context for this thread (1 total).
0x7f2cdba2c680 | UI.GLContext         | INFO  | 2021-04-10 11:19:23,180 | Initialized OpenGL 4.6 (requested 2.0) on device 'Intel Mesa Intel(R) UHD Graphics 630 (CFL GT2)'
0x7f2c74029700 | GPU.MultiBoardMgr    | WARN  | 2021-04-10 11:19:23,180 | OpenGL context is not running on the GPU marked as Main Display GPU.
0x7f2c74029700 | GPU.MultiBoardMgr    | INFO  | 2021-04-10 11:19:23,180 | Initializing CUDA board manager for Main Display GPU gpu:b5eb62b9.f91e8f0c.
0x7f2c55fc1700 | GPU.SingleBoardMgr   | INFO  | 2021-04-10 11:19:23,794 | Board manager thread for "NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050" (gpu:b5eb62b9.f91e8f0c) is ready.
0x7f2c74029700 | UI.GLInterop         | INFO  | 2021-04-10 11:19:23,794 | OpenGL interop was initialized.
0x7f2c74029700 | UI.GLInterop         | INFO  | 2021-04-10 11:19:23,794 | OpenGL interop was initialized.
0x7f2c74029700 | GPU.MultiBoardMgr    | INFO  | 2021-04-10 11:19:23,794 | Initializing Canon SDK for CPU.
0x7f2c74029700 | GPU.MultiBoardMgr    | INFO  | 2021-04-10 11:19:24,077 | Enabled CUDA pinned memory.
LS data handler thread starts: 74029700
0x7f2cdba2c680 | Fairlight            | INFO  | 2021-04-10 11:19:24,362 | 00.00.00.780(000): Running Fairlight (384284cc1ff7695c153bb21751b057c010af60bc)
0x7f2cdba2c680 | FairlightLoader      | INFO  | 2021-04-10 11:19:24,362 | Fairlight lib loaded in 1182 ms.
All textures are loaded : 1.
0x7f2cdba2c680 | Fusion               | INFO  | 2021-04-10 11:19:24,940 | Fusion Build: 6554b257_0010 (Mar 30 2021 06:54:05)
0x7f2cdba2c680 | Fusion               | INFO  | 2021-04-10 11:19:24,941 | fusionsystem: = "/opt/resolve/libs/Fusion/libfusionsystem.so"
0x7f2cdba2c680 | Fusion               | INFO  | 2021-04-10 11:19:24,949 | FusionLibs: = "/opt/resolve/libs/Fusion/"
0x7f2cdba2c680 | Fusion               | INFO  | 2021-04-10 11:19:24,949 | UserData:   = "/home/arthurx/.local/share/DaVinciResolve/Fusion"
0x7f2cdba2c680 | Fusion               | INFO  | 2021-04-10 11:19:24,949 | Profiles:   = "UserData:Profiles/"
sh: 1: ldconfig: not found
sh: 1: ldconfig: not found
0x7f2bdf12f700 | UI.GLContext         | INFO  | 2021-04-10 11:19:25,059 | Creating shared OpenGL context for this thread (2 total).
0x7f2bdf12f700 | UI.GLIO              | INFO  | 2021-04-10 11:19:25,062 | Initialized MainPlayer OpenGL I/O on CUDA device 'GeForce GTX 1050'
0x7f2cdba2c680 | UI.GLIO              | INFO  | 2021-04-10 11:19:25,062 | MainPlayer: OpenGL I/O setup done.
0x7f2bde52d700 | UI.GLContext         | INFO  | 2021-04-10 11:19:25,062 | Creating shared OpenGL context for this thread (3 total).
0x7f2bde52d700 | UI.GLIO              | INFO  | 2021-04-10 11:19:25,065 | Initialized AuxPlayer OpenGL I/O on CUDA device 'GeForce GTX 1050'
0x7f2cdba2c680 | UI.GLIO              | INFO  | 2021-04-10 11:19:25,065 | AuxPlayer: OpenGL I/O setup done.
0x7f2bddd2c700 | UI.GLContext         | INFO  | 2021-04-10 11:19:25,066 | Creating shared OpenGL context for this thread (4 total).
0x7f2bddd2c700 | UI.Scopes            | INFO  | 2021-04-10 11:19:25,069 | Initialized GPU Scopes Manager on CUDA device 'GeForce GTX 1050'
0x7f2cdba2c680 | UI                   | ERROR | 2021-04-10 11:19:25,116 | Failed to find text 'Apple ProRes' in combo-box
0x7f2cdba2c680 | UI                   | WARN  | 2021-04-10 11:19:25,116 | Failed to find value '0' in combo-box
libScannerAPI.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
0x7f2cdba2c680 | UI.MenuBar           | WARN  | 2021-04-10 11:19:25,329 | Main menu action [workspaceLayoutFusion_sub001Default]'s slot is not defined: workspaceLayoutFusion_sub001Default_triggered()
0x7f2cdba2c680 | SyManager            | INFO  | 2021-04-10 11:19:25,363 | Started /opt/resolve/bin/DaVinciPanelDaemon with pid 4507
0x7f2cdba2c680 | DbCommon2            | INFO  | 2021-04-10 11:19:25,368 | Sm2SysIdEntry is not supported in disk database (xml) mode
0x7f2bdbb6e700 | SyManager            | INFO  | 2021-04-10 11:19:25,373 | Starting keyboard device monitor thread...
SY panel handler thread starts: 8584C700
0x7f2c8584c700 | SyManager            | INFO  | 2021-04-10 11:19:25,395 | Connected to panel socket at 51
0x7f2c8584c700 | SyManager            | INFO  | 2021-04-10 11:19:25,395 | Connection to the panel server has been re-established
0x7f2cdba2c680 | UI                   | WARN  | 2021-04-10 11:19:25,689 | Failed to find value '0' in combo-box
0x7f2cdba2c680 | UI                   | WARN  | 2021-04-10 11:19:26,042 | Failed to load media metadata preset list or the list is empty.
0x7f2cdba2c680 | UI                   | WARN  | 2021-04-10 11:19:26,063 | Failed to load media metadata preset list or the list is empty.
0x7f2cdba2c680 | UI.ActionManager     | WARN  | 2021-04-10 11:19:26,679 | Action [fairlightBusStructure] is not a global action
0x7f2cdba2c680 | UI.ActionManager     | WARN  | 2021-04-10 11:19:26,679 | Action [fairlightImmersiveGenerateImmersiveMaster] is not a valid global action
0x7f2cdba2c680 | UI.ActionManager     | WARN  | 2021-04-10 11:19:26,679 | Action [fairlightImmersiveRendererSettings] is not a valid global action
0x7f2cdba2c680 | UI                   | WARN  | 2021-04-10 11:19:28,293 | Failed to load media metadata preset list or the list is empty.
0x7f2cdba2c680 | UI                   | WARN  | 2021-04-10 11:19:28,297 | Failed to load media metadata preset list or the list is empty.
0x7f2cdba2c680 | UI                   | WARN  | 2021-04-10 11:19:28,486 | Failed to load media metadata preset list or the list is empty.
0x7f2cdba2c680 | UI                   | WARN  | 2021-04-10 11:19:28,490 | Failed to load media metadata preset list or the list is empty.
0x7f2cdba2c680 | UI                   | WARN  | 2021-04-10 11:19:29,608 | Failed to load media metadata preset list or the list is empty.
0x7f2cdba2c680 | UI                   | WARN  | 2021-04-10 11:19:29,613 | Failed to load media metadata preset list or the list is empty.
0x7f2cdba2c680 | UI                   | INFO  | 2021-04-10 11:19:30,121 | Not creating special GL widget for screen 0
0x7f2cdba2c680 | UI.ActionManager     | WARN  | 2021-04-10 11:19:30,683 | Action [sessionDolbyVisionAnalyzeAllShots] is not a valid global action
0x7f2cdba2c680 | UI.ActionManager     | WARN  | 2021-04-10 11:19:30,683 | Action [sessionDolbyVisionAnalyzeSelectedShots] is not a valid global action
0x7f2cdba2c680 | UI.ActionManager     | WARN  | 2021-04-10 11:19:30,683 | Action [sessionDolbyVisionAnalyzeSelectedAndGroup] is not a valid global action
0x7f2cdba2c680 | UI.ActionManager     | WARN  | 2021-04-10 11:19:30,683 | Action [sessionDolbyVisionAnalyzeCurrentFrame] is not a valid global action
0x7f2cdba2c680 | UI.ActionManager     | WARN  | 2021-04-10 11:19:30,683 | Action [sessionHDR10PlusAnalyzeAllShots] is not a valid global action
0x7f2cdba2c680 | UI.ActionManager     | WARN  | 2021-04-10 11:19:30,683 | Action [sessionHDR10PlusAnalyzeSelectedShots] is not a valid global action
0x7f2cdba2c680 | UI.ActionManager     | WARN  | 2021-04-10 11:19:30,683 | Action [sessionHDR10PlusAnalyzeSelectedAndGroup] is not a valid global action
0x7f2cdba2c680 | UI.ActionManager     | WARN  | 2021-04-10 11:19:30,683 | Action [sessionHDR10PlusAnalyzeCurrentFrame] is not a valid global action
0x7f2cdba2c680 | UI                   | WARN  | 2021-04-10 11:19:30,803 | Failed to find value '8192' in combo-box
0x7f2cdba2c680 | UI                   | WARN  | 2021-04-10 11:19:30,927 | Failed to find value '100' in combo-box
0x7f2cdba2c680 | UI.MenuBar           | WARN  | 2021-04-10 11:19:31,395 | Plugged In Action [workspace_sub1_menu5_triggered()] is owned by [0x7f2bcfc25b10]
0x7f2cdba2c680 | UI.MenuBar           | WARN  | 2021-04-10 11:19:31,395 | Plugged In Action [workspace_sub1_sub001_triggered()] is owned by [0x7f2bcfc25b10]
0x7f2cdba2c680 | UI.MenuBar           | WARN  | 2021-04-10 11:19:31,395 | Plugged In Action [workspace_sub1_sub002_triggered()] is owned by [0x7f2bcfc25b10]
0x7f2cdba2c680 | UI.MenuBar           | WARN  | 2021-04-10 11:19:31,395 | Plugged In Action [workspace_sub1_sub003_triggered()] is owned by [0x7f2bcfc25b10]
0x7f2cdba2c680 | UI.MenuBar           | WARN  | 2021-04-10 11:19:31,395 | Plugged In Action [workspace_sub1_sub004_triggered()] is owned by [0x7f2bcfc25b10]
****************** Flushing GPU Buffers
0x7f2cdba2c680 | IO                   | WARN  | 2021-04-10 11:19:31,497 | Plugin Repository :: Codec uuid  not found
0x7f2cdba2c680 | IO                   | INFO  | 2021-04-10 11:19:31,519 | RED rocket decode has been disabled in the config file
0x7f2cdba2c680 | UI                   | WARN  | 2021-04-10 11:19:31,670 | Failed to find value '0' in combo-box
0x7f2cdba2c680 | UI                   | WARN  | 2021-04-10 11:19:31,670 | Failed to find value '0' in combo-box
0x7f2cdba2c680 | UI                   | WARN  | 2021-04-10 11:19:31,679 | Failed to find value '0' in combo-box
0x7f2ba3c98700 | UI                   | ERROR | 2021-04-10 11:19:42,688 | UiAutoUpdateController: Failed to get response from server (responseCode:2) (httpStatus:-1) (response:)
0x7f2cdba2c680 | SyManager.Signals    | INFO  | 2021-04-10 11:19:42,718 | Current user pointer is changed
0x7f2cdba2c680 | UI                   | WARN  | 2021-04-10 11:19:42,786 | UI Persistence - UseDisplayNameForClips not read
0x7f2cdba2c680 | UI                   | WARN  | 2021-04-10 11:19:42,786 | UI Persistence - DefaultTransitionKey not read
0x7f2cdba2c680 | UI                   | WARN  | 2021-04-10 11:19:42,787 | UI Persistence - DefaultAudioTransitionKey not read
0x7f2cdba2c680 | SyManager            | INFO  | 2021-04-10 11:19:42,827 | Search Parameter (-2) or Search Operation (0) not supported, and hence disabling the condition.
0x7f2cdba2c680 | SyManager            | INFO  | 2021-04-10 11:19:42,827 | Search Parameter (-1) or Search Operation (-1) not supported, and hence disabling the condition.
0x7f2cdba2c680 | UI.ActionManager     | WARN  | 2021-04-10 11:19:42,897 | Action [fairlightImmersiveGenerateImmersiveMaster] is not a valid global action
0x7f2cdba2c680 | UI.ActionManager     | WARN  | 2021-04-10 11:19:42,897 | Action [fairlightImmersiveRendererSettings] is not a valid global action
0x7f2cdba2c680 | UI.ActionManager     | WARN  | 2021-04-10 11:19:42,898 | Action [fairlightBusStructure] is not a global action
0x7f2cdba2c680 | UI.ActionManager     | WARN  | 2021-04-10 11:19:42,898 | Action [fairlightBusStructure] is not a valid global action
0x7f2cdba2c680 | UI.ActionManager     | WARN  | 2021-04-10 11:19:43,429 | Action [fairlightImmersiveGenerateImmersiveMaster] is not a valid global action
0x7f2cdba2c680 | UI.ActionManager     | WARN  | 2021-04-10 11:19:43,429 | Action [fairlightImmersiveRendererSettings] is not a valid global action
0x7f2cdba2c680 | UI.ActionManager     | WARN  | 2021-04-10 11:19:43,450 | Action [fairlightImmersiveGenerateImmersiveMaster] is not a valid global action
0x7f2cdba2c680 | UI.ActionManager     | WARN  | 2021-04-10 11:19:43,451 | Action [fairlightImmersiveRendererSettings] is not a valid global action
0x7f2cdba2c680 | UI.ActionManager     | WARN  | 2021-04-10 11:19:43,597 | Action [fairlightImmersiveGenerateImmersiveMaster] is not a valid global action
0x7f2cdba2c680 | UI.ActionManager     | WARN  | 2021-04-10 11:19:43,598 | Action [fairlightImmersiveRendererSettings] is not a valid global action
0x7f2cdba2c680 | UI                   | ERROR | 2021-04-10 11:19:43,629 | Failed to find text 'Apple ProRes' in combo-box
0x7f2cdba2c680 | UI                   | WARN  | 2021-04-10 11:19:43,630 | Failed to find value '0' in combo-box
0x7f2cdba2c680 | UI                   | ERROR | 2021-04-10 11:19:43,669 | Failed to find text 'Apple ProRes' in combo-box
0x7f2cdba2c680 | UI                   | ERROR | 2021-04-10 11:19:43,669 | Failed to find text 'Apple ProRes' in combo-box

this is a google link to the log file:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1S5xHVwI9zoD2lgUqJF-q6OswyvqA-lvT/view?usp=sharing

My laptop is lenovo ideapad 330

Arthurx

PostSun Apr 11, 2021 10:56 am

Daniel,

It works like a charm!!!!!!!!!
Stutterfree playing of the timeline.

Thanks a lot. :D :lol:

I took a deep breath and did do like you said and installed the Optimus changes,
a long instruction, but everything worked like they wrote.

https://wiki.debian.org/NVIDIA%20Optimus

I choose this option on the page:

Using only the NVIDIA GPU - High performance but is also a massive drain on battery life. There's almost always a better solution than this, but it's useful if you expect to use your laptop as a desktop (i.e. always plugged in).

https://wiki.debian.org/NVIDIA%20Optimus#NVIDIAPrimaryGPU

Greetings Arthur

FredNZ

PostWed Apr 14, 2021 11:20 am

Hello ladies and gentlemen,

Firstly, HUGE thanks to Daniel for his on going work on the script to make this thing work on arguably the best binary based distro, much appreciated.

Secondly, I haven't had much luck :-D So a quick background on what luck I have had:

Machine when I started: Skull Canyon NUC i7 quad core with Intel IGPU, Ubuntu 16.04, Samsung NVMe boot/home (950 Pro 512GB) and /data (970 EVO Plus 1TB) drives, 32GB DDR4-2400 HyperX Impact in 2x SODIMM.

2nd July 2020 I grabbed makeresolvedeb_16.2.3-2.sh which appears to be a mid-late June production and gave it a burn against DaVinci_Resolve_16.2.3_Linux.run

I got the "new GPU detected do you want to change the settings" box with no settings to choose.

At the time I was trying various opencl packages and getting different bad results depending on which ones I used.

Recently I killed the poor loyal skull canyon and replaced it with a Ghost Canyon 9th gen i9 octa with Intel UHD 630 IGPU and upgraded to HWE kernel and xorg to get it working again via rescue mode and CLI FDE decrypt.

Today I installed the latest intel OpenCL stuff and clinfo looked a lot better and on deleting the settings I got it telling me that my GPU was a bit slow but it'd be okay (woo hoo!) and asking me to choose a project output size etc. Promising start! But after selecting those things, crash, stack trace of some sort.

Found Daniel's site and read through it, removed mesa.icd and beixsomething.icd packages dpkg --purge style so that I only had the recent one, same result.

Grabbed 1.4.6 and 17.1.1 and 25 minutes later single threaded had a new deb, installed that and a few minutes later no issues, ldd reports all libs linked but a mixture of:

• /opt/resolve/libs
  • /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu
  • /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu
  • and one entry that doesn't have => in it for /lib64/ld-linux-x86-64.so.2

Which looks a bit odd to me.

When it crashes now it stays running and ctrl C does not work, has to be ctrl Z and kill -9 to end it.

I'll spare you the stack traces for now, but I'm wondering if it's simply incompatibility with old libraries from my crusty HWE variant of 16.04? Happy to upload the log or the exit dump from the console or try anything or any other command output people would like to see.

I'm also considering buying a Radeon Pro WX 5100 single slot GPU to help things along at some point but budget currently does not allow and prices are through the roof, as are RAM prices.

Thanks in advance and I'm looking forward to helping test any updates :-)
Shoot: GH5, GX9, GM5, GM1, GF1, OP3T, OP5T
Edit: 9th i9 8c/16t, Intel UHD 630 IGPU, 32GB, NVMe x2 (1.5TB total + NAS)
S/W: Lubuntu 16.04 + HWE Kernel/Xorg + Intel OpenCL + makeresolvedeb
Monitor: Samsung S32D850T WQHD/1440p
PreviousNext

Return to DaVinci Resolve