Spend a Day with Blackmagic Design!

Get all your news and announcements here!
  • Author

Christine Peterson

Spend a Day with Blackmagic Design!

PostMon Jul 22, 2013 4:23 pm

Come and see the complete range of Blackmagic Design solutions for broadcast, post production and live events! This is a fantastic opportunity to see our newly announced NAB 2013 products including innovative new cameras, new Ultra HD and 6G-SDI equipment, plus waveform monitoring and Thunderbolt based editing solutions.

We will be showing all these products and a lot more for the first time at our event including a series of demonstrations and theater presentations. Join us as well as key industry partners to learn more about Blackmagic Design products, and complementary workflows and solutions.

During the day the The Blackmagic Design team will answer your questions, give technical advice and provide 'hands on' product demonstrations. This is also a great chance to network with other industry professionals and manufacturers, with refreshments provided throughout the day.

A full schedule of the day will be sent out in advance. Whether you can join us for part of the event or the whole day, we look forward to seeing you there!

LOS ANGELES
Thursday, July 25, 2013
11AM - 7PM
Marriott Burbank Airport Hotel, Academy Ballroom 1
2500 N Hollywood Way, Burbank, CA 91505

NEW YORK
Thursday, August 8, 2013
11AM - 7PM
New Yorker Hotel, Ramada Plaza, Crystal Ballroom
481 Eighth Avenue, New York, NY 10001

To RSVP, please visit: http://invite.blackmagicdesign.com/event2013/
Christine Peterson

(Previously Community Relations Manager for Blackmagic Design)

Liam Kennedy

Re: Spend a Day with Blackmagic Design!

PostMon Jul 22, 2013 4:59 pm

I'll be there :-) (LA)
ATEM 1/ME, TVS, Hyperdeck Studio, Fujitsu Lifebook NH751 USB3

johnjvogel

PostWed Jul 24, 2013 6:01 am

Question, rsvp was sent for Los Angeles and haven't heard anything back. Also, is there a listing of the day's events?

Thanks,

jv

Christine Peterson wrote:Come and see the complete range of Blackmagic Design solutions for broadcast, post production and live events! This is a fantastic opportunity to see our newly announced NAB 2013 products including innovative new cameras, new Ultra HD and 6G-SDI equipment, plus waveform monitoring and Thunderbolt based editing solutions.

We will be showing all these products and a lot more for the first time at our event including a series of demonstrations and theater presentations. Join us as well as key industry partners to learn more about Blackmagic Design products, and complementary workflows and solutions.

During the day the The Blackmagic Design team will answer your questions, give technical advice and provide 'hands on' product demonstrations. This is also a great chance to network with other industry professionals and manufacturers, with refreshments provided throughout the day.

A full schedule of the day will be sent out in advance. Whether you can join us for part of the event or the whole day, we look forward to seeing you there!

LOS ANGELES
Thursday, July 25, 2013
11AM - 7PM
Marriott Burbank Airport Hotel, Academy Ballroom 1
2500 N Hollywood Way, Burbank, CA 91505

NEW YORK
Thursday, August 8, 2013
11AM - 7PM
New Yorker Hotel, Ramada Plaza, Crystal Ballroom
481 Eighth Avenue, New York, NY 10001

To RSVP, please visit: http://invite.blackmagicdesign.com/event2013/
macOS - Mojave 10.14.4
iMac - 2013 2.9 GHz Intel Core i5
Ram 16GB
Graphics Card - NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M 1 GB

Andrew.Agnew@TheDoco.Co

PostWed Jul 24, 2013 6:35 am

Answer so far on support for UHS-II...
Looks like more to info to come and I will follow up when I visit the stand again on Thursday or Friday...

> From: justin@newmagic.com.au
> To: bmpcc.stuff@thedoco.co
> Subject: RE: BMPCC support for UHS-II
> Date: Tue, 23 Jul 2013 23:50:12 +0000
>
> Hi Andrew,
>
> Thank you for contacting Blackmagic Design support. Your request has been forwarded to New Magic Australia, the master distributor for Blackmagic Design products in Australia and New Zealand. We also handle all sales, support and warranty enquires for our customers.
>
> We don't have any information regarding UHS-II SD cards being supported on the Pocket Cinema Camera. Not sure if the camera will have the additional pins that UHS-II uses, but my understanding is that these SD cards can be used in non-USH-II devices and still offer UHS-I speeds (104 MB/s max theoretical). We'll try to find out some more info from BMD.
>
> In any case, the extra speed that these UHS-II cards will offer over the current SDXC UHS-I cards may not be of any use, as there will be no "write delay" like some dslrs. The files are written directly to the SD card in realtime, provided the SD card is fast enough. If the SD card is too slow, you'll simply get dropped frames and/or corrupted files.
>
> Just as there is a certified SSD list, there will also be a certified SD card list and any SD card not on this list won't be officially supported.
>
>
> Regards,
> Justin Moy
> Technical Support,
> New Magic Australia Pty Ltd
> +61 3 9722 9700
> justin@newmagic.com.au
> www.newmagic.com.au

Joe Shapiro

PostThu Jul 25, 2013 7:25 am

Oh well... it's July 25th and still no advance agenda so I guess we're flyin' blind!
Director, Editor, Problem Solver. Been cutting indie features for 23 years. FCP editor from version 2 to 7.
Resolve 18.6.3
MacBook Pro 16" M1 Max 64GB RAM, macOS 14.1
MacBook Air 13" M1 8GB RAM, macOS 14.1

Liam Kennedy

PostThu Jul 25, 2013 7:26 am

I was wondering about that too.
ATEM 1/ME, TVS, Hyperdeck Studio, Fujitsu Lifebook NH751 USB3

tylerhinesfilms

PostTue Jul 30, 2013 12:51 pm

The same thing happened to me. Does anyone know how old you need to be to go there?

Terry Frechette

Blackmagic Design

PostTue Jul 30, 2013 1:34 pm

Tyler:

No age restrictions and this is a free event.

We have heard that some of you who have registered have not gotten an email response back. Trying to figure out why that is and will get that fixed. But you do not need to have any sort of ticket or response back to get in. Come on down to NYC and you are set to get in.

See you there.
Terry

Papayin Sey

PostThu Aug 08, 2013 4:26 pm

How come there are no trade show or indoor demos in Toronto, Canada? Maybe those using AJA, Mojo and Matrox will see the light. Now that BM support almost every software editing will be more fun with Avid and even Edius.

Return to Announcements