Audio playing wrong part of sub-clip

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

djrikki

Audio playing wrong part of sub-clip

PostWed Nov 25, 2020 10:10 pm

Really hard one to explain, but I'll try.

Video of every sub-clip is fine, but the audio keeps restarting from the absolute beginning of the original clip!

It is incredibly frustrating, I need to have these timelines fixed so I don't have to restart the entire project over. :|

Here is the project file... all timelines are screwed.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1DtawR0 ... sp=sharing

Everything opened okay in v16.

Peter Chamberlain

Blackmagic Design

Re: Audio playing wrong part of sub-clip

PostThu Nov 26, 2020 1:23 am

Are you on beta 2?
Windows?
DaVinci Resolve Product Manager

Sander de Regt

PostThu Nov 26, 2020 8:15 am

This is the exact same issue some others (and myself) have reported. It's still there on Windows/Beta 2: in/out of the video in the subclip works, audio starts from frame 0.

@peter would sending the original (backed up) project folder from 16 together with the mangled 17 version help you guys figuring this out? I no longer have 16 installed, so I can't do a proper archive.
Sander de Regt

ShadowMaker SdR
The Netherlands

djrikki

PostThu Nov 26, 2020 8:46 am

MacOS latest beta.

When one timeline is embedded into another, project saved and presumably reloaded.

djrikki

PostThu Nov 26, 2020 8:49 pm

Just to add further comment, just gone back to an earlier project this evening; one created in v16. Same issue when opening those too.

desertrivers

PostTue Dec 01, 2020 5:49 am

To chime in, I'm having the same issue with 17 Studio beta 2. I'm on a Windows 10 PC.

I created a ton of sub-clips in 16.2 Studio, but am now cutting on 17 Studio beta. The audio for the sub-clips no longer matches the audio. Instead, the audio starts at the beginning of the original clip, while the video is the correct clip (somewhere down the timeline).
So, when playing a sub-clip that was, for instance, clipped from 10:03 to 11:03 (one minute), the video is correct, but the audio is from 00:00 to 01:00.
This is the case for dozens and dozens of sub-clips (the total video footage is over 3 hours of interviews).
As a work-around, I took the backed-up 16.2 database and restored it on my laptop running 16.2, and connected my laptop to my file server, where the original footage is backed up. So, I'm rendering out the sub-clips as DNxHD clips - video and audio are so far matched up properly. I will then then import these rendered clips to my main PC and continue the project.

I'll try Beta 3 in the morning to see if this issue is addressed.

desertrivers

PostTue Dec 01, 2020 9:21 pm

Beta 3 did not solve the issue.

Return to DaVinci Resolve