Speed Editor - Availability

Getting started with a Blackmagic product? Ask questions here about setup and installation.
  • Author

Ellory Yu

Speed Editor - Availability

PostMon Jan 04, 2021 5:50 am

When will the DVR + Speed Editor promo be available in USA resellers like B&H and Adorama? I have been on their notify list and as of today, it is out of stock. Maybe BMD will give us some update.
URSA Mini Pro 4.6K G2, Blackmagic Design Pocket Cinema Camera 6K, Panasonic GH5
PC Workstation Core I7 64Gb, 2 x AMD R9 390X 8Gb, Blackmagic Design DeckLink 4K Mini Monitor, Windows 10 Pro 64-bit, Resolve Studio 18, BM Micro Panel & Speed Editor

Asgeir Hustad

Re: Speed Editor - Availability

PostMon Jan 04, 2021 8:48 am

The promo has been available for a long time (I ordered from B&H a few days after the announcement). The unit itself, however, is backordered and will probably take some time to get out there. I got the Resolve-license in a few days in the post.

jonnyflash

PostTue Jan 05, 2021 8:38 pm

I pre-ordered from Adorama on November 12th. No sign of it as of yet.

I expect newly announced hardware to take a while, especially with BM's track record of big delays, but the reason it's a little upsetting is that in the announcement broadcast they said it was available at retailers that day. However, none of them even had it listed when the announcement was made, and from what I understand no retailer has shipped any of them yet. I've only seen a few reviewers who got them directly from BM and a handful of people who ordered a license directly from BM's website.

Don't expect to see it for several months. I've seen people post that B&H has said to expect it to be 2 to 3 months, and that was for people who ordered it back when it was announced.

Clickumentary

PostWed Jan 06, 2021 5:04 pm

I also ordered from Adorama mid November. I just wish they would provide a license key, charge my credit card, and then ship the hardware when it becomes available in the distant future.

Ellory Yu

PostThu Jan 07, 2021 7:17 pm

I also pre-ordered in November using Paypal. If you know Paypal, they get the money at point of order and not when the item shipped. So meanwhile, someone has my money and I don't have squat. To get my money refunded, I will have to cancel the pre-order which I will do today. Then when the product is available I will order it again. BMD should extend the promo indefinitely until such time the resellers have quantities ready to shipped.
PC Workstation Core I7 64Gb, 2 x AMD R9 390X 8Gb, Blackmagic Design DeckLink 4K Mini Monitor, Windows 10 Pro 64-bit, Resolve Studio 18, BM Micro Panel & Speed Editor

Clickumentary

PostThu Jan 07, 2021 8:24 pm

jonnyflash wrote:I pre-ordered from Adorama on November 12th. No sign of it as of yet.

I expect newly announced hardware to take a while, especially with BM's track record of big delays, but the reason it's a little upsetting is that in the announcement broadcast they said it was available at retailers that day. However, none of them even had it listed when the announcement was made, and from what I understand no retailer has shipped any of them yet. I've only seen a few reviewers who got them directly from BM and a handful of people who ordered a license directly from BM's website.

Don't expect to see it for several months. I've seen people post that B&H has said to expect it to be 2 to 3 months, and that was for people who ordered it back when it was announced.

I just got notice from Adorama that my speed editor and studio key have shipped! I ordered around mid November.

Xtreemtec

PostFri Jan 08, 2021 12:02 pm

I paid for my Resolve license to the dealer about 6 or 7 weeks ago.. And still have nothing!!

It would be nice to AT least get to work with editing... But now i have nothing.. Yes working with the free version.. But that is not why i bought the full license
Daniel Wittenaar .:: Xtreemtec Media Productions ::. -= www.xtreemtec.nl =-
4K OBV Trailer, ATEM TVS HD, 4M/E Broadcast Studio 4K, Constelation 8K, Hyperdeck Studio 12G, Ursa Broadcast 4K, 4K fiber converters with Sony Control

Larry White

PostSun Jan 17, 2021 3:20 am

I paid for DR 17 several weeks ago too, with the hope of getting the Speed Editor at some point. So far, nada. I've called my vendor twice; they know nothing much.
Larry White
Hugo Street Productions

Custom Tower PC
Windows 11 Pro
AMD 5900x, AMD RX 6800
Studio 18.6.6; w/Speed Editor
64 Gig Ram
1 Tb C:
, 4Tb in M.2 slot
850 W Pwr supply

Xtreemtec

PostWed Jan 20, 2021 9:07 am

I just got my license by post. And a note with it that the speed editor will be send when available..
At least we can now install the license and start editing with the Studio version.
Daniel Wittenaar .:: Xtreemtec Media Productions ::. -= www.xtreemtec.nl =-
4K OBV Trailer, ATEM TVS HD, 4M/E Broadcast Studio 4K, Constelation 8K, Hyperdeck Studio 12G, Ursa Broadcast 4K, 4K fiber converters with Sony Control

Alan Jump

PostThu Jan 21, 2021 12:19 am

Ordered on November 20. No sign of anything. DVEStore's buyer can't see any shipping activity either.
How long do BlackMagic expect customers to wait for promised product?

Silversulu

PostFri Jan 22, 2021 9:34 pm

Ditto - I ordered Dec 5th from B&H - silence of the lambs on availability...

Peter Chamberlain

Blackmagic Design

PostSun Jan 24, 2021 6:07 am

We r manufacturing and shipping as fast as the global pares supply chain permits.
DaVinci Resolve Product Manager

JiiZONE

PostMon Jan 25, 2021 6:32 pm

I got mine today (plus DR 17 Studio)- ordered it on December. But, somehow activation key does not work... what a disappointing :(
Hope they will solve this problem soon.

Edit: Everything is working fine now- thanks for fast solving. And I must say that SE is worth of waiting... :D
Last edited by JiiZONE on Wed Jan 27, 2021 4:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ellory Yu

PostTue Jan 26, 2021 2:11 am

This is not a Blackmagic issue but here in the USA, my main sources for purchasing Blackmagic products including the Speed Editor is B&H and Adorama. The problem with these resellers if you pre-order the Speed Editor, they already charge your credit card or PayPal while you wait for the product to be available. Therefore to avail of the promo and pre-order now means having my money seating at the vendor while the product is awaiting manufacturing and getting to be in stock. That is why I cancelled my order.

I hope that BMD will continue to have the promotion for a good period of time when they really have enough of the Speed Editor available and the resellers have them in stock. Doing a promotion and pre-order on something that is not available for months is unacceptable.

cerngi

PostTue Jan 26, 2021 9:31 pm

Can someone from BM explain why retailers are being told they are only allowed to distrubite the dongles that come with the speed editor instead of being able to distribute them now and send the SE when they arrive? Need to access some of the features in studio but are unable until the SE ships as my supplier in the UK says they are not allowed to send the dongle without the SE. Very frustrating. Can wait for the SE but need the software.

toyzrme

Re: Speed Editor - Availability - IN STOCK

PostThu Feb 25, 2021 9:41 pm

Just ordered from Pictureline in Utah - 4 (key) in stock - said they'd ship it today!

UPDATE: Shipped 2 hours later :)
DR 18.1 Studio/DR Newbie/PPro refugee

#1: AMD 5950x 16c, 128GB, 2x Samsung 980 Pro NVMe (1TB + 2TB), MSI RTX4090 (24GB), 35TB RAID6 (5x HDD), 4K display. Win 10/1H22

#2: i7 4c, 64GB, NVMe 512GB, GTX1080, 35TB RAID6 (5x HDD), 4K display, Win 10/1H22

Return to Getting Started