atem mini pro and rode wireless go trouble

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author

buyan77

atem mini pro and rode wireless go trouble

PostSun Jan 10, 2021 1:16 am

I'm setting Atem mini pro and rode wireless go but it does'nt work.

I saw youtube "Settings for Rode Wireless Go on Atem Mini" who have same trouble and when I changed to Line from microphone , it worked a little but not enough.

But other man seem to have no trouble without setting?

How shuld I solve this problem? Please help.

There are no problen When I set rode wireless go to the camera and connect from camera to Atem by HDMI.

Katstreamer

Re: atem mini pro and rode wireless go trouble

PostTue Jan 12, 2021 4:44 am

I play music through the mic in port (set to line) and I have found that not all 3.5mm cables are the same. Try a few different cables and see if that solves your problem. Please report back because this issue has given me a few fits and I am curious to see your solution.

buyan77

PostTue Jan 12, 2021 3:53 pm

Thank you for your information.
I tried other device, Razer headset have no problem.
And mic through Focusrite also worked well.

I bought other line ,so I will try rode with new line next time.

Katstreamer

PostThu Jan 14, 2021 3:07 am

I was working with a WirelessGo today and was having trouble getting it to work. I was also try other microphones. It makes a difference on which 3.5mm you use. I have both TRS and TRRS cables. Unfortunately I don't remember which cable is correct for the WirelessGo but when I used a non-powered Rode hot shoe mic I discovered it only worked with the TRS cable and not the TRRS. If I remember I will try both cables tomorrow at work to figure out the correct one and report back.

Mark Foster

PostThu Jan 14, 2021 10:47 am

the supplied red spiral cable works perfectly on booth of my ATEM minis
and also on my pocket 4k
cMP 5.1 2x3,46/96GB/2x2TB SSD/4x4TB/7101A 4x2TB 970evo+/HP1344/BMD4k/RadeonVII
macOS 12.6.3
BMPCC 6k pro (7.9.1)
meike s35 cine 25mm, 35mm, 50mm, 75mm
resolve studio 18.1.4
mini panel
speed editor
desktop video 12.1
intensity pro 4k
atem extreme (8.6.1)

Gary Adams

Blackmagic Design

PostThu Jan 14, 2021 4:18 pm

Hello Everyone. Since I have one of these, I'll offer some information.

The Lavalier Go microphone only has a 3.5mm TRS plug which will work on either Mic input on the ATEM Mini. The Mini input should be set to Microphone level using the Settings -> Audio -> General -> tabs. The Mini will provide the 2.5 Volt bias needed to operate the microphone. The audio will appear as mono audio on both left and right inputs. There is plenty of gain for this purpose. A standard TRS 3.5mm extension cable could be used at a reasonable length.

The Wireless Go Transmitter-Receiver combination also works in the same exact way. The Receiver would connect to either Mini Microphone input using a TRS 3.5mm cable such as the one supplied with the kit. The Mini would still be set to Microphone levels in the Settings. There is plenty of gain available in this mode as well. The Transmitter is a microphone but can also accept a separate microphone such as the Lavalier and works in the same way. This setup and also with other microphone vendors is ideal for the ATEM Mini.

One of the differences would be a headset/microphone setup with TRRS or 4 pin plug. This will not directly connect to the Mini because the contacts are not the same. There are 3.5mm TRRS to TRS adapters available. Some work and some do not as they may be made for different purposes. Usually the microphone vendor or other reliable microphone suppliers will have the right cable to adapt the 4 pin to 3 pin.

This same setup will work for the ATEM Mini, Pocket Cinema Cameras and our other gear with 3.5mm Microphone inputs. I hope this helps. Stay safe.

Regards, Gary
Gary Adams
Blackmagic Design

geoffr

PostThu Feb 23, 2023 12:50 pm

Hi, I hope to use my Rode Wireless Go ll Receiver with a 3.5mm splitter cable output to connect into the two 'Mic' inputs on the ATEM Mini Pro, so I can switch between the two wireless mics.
I believe I need the Rode SC11 cable (https://rode.com/en/accessories/adaptors-cables/sc11).

I haven't bought it yet, but can anyone confirm if this will work, allowing me to isolate the two wireless mics?

thanks
Geoff

Return to Live Production