Ultrastudio HD mini - no sound/audio output via USB-C

Getting started with a Blackmagic product? Ask questions here about setup and installation.
  • Author

lazyland

Ultrastudio HD mini - no sound/audio output via USB-C

PostThu Dec 31, 2020 5:24 pm

Hi, I have problems to get audio from my Ultrastudio HD mini while video signal is OK.

This is my configuration:

Source: Betacam SP Recorder/Player > output Y-R-B (Sound via XLR Output L/R - tested!!)

>>>
ULTRASTUDIO HD mini:
Input Video: Y-R-B, Input audio: Analog jack plug L/R
Output: via Thunderbolt USB-C

>>>
Macbook Pro (OS 10… Catalina - today updated)

>>>
Software: Blackmagic Media Express - Only the video signal is OK. No audio.
Software: Livestream Studio - Also only the video signal is OK. No audio.

Please help!

lazyland

Re: Ultrastudio HD mini - no sound/audio output via USB-C

PostSun Jan 10, 2021 10:02 pm

...please let me know if I can provide further information on an answer.

lazyland

PostThu Jan 21, 2021 3:29 pm

OK, the problem is solved. A pity that nobody answered my question. At least I want to write a reaction myself:

After I had frequent mail exchanges with the Blackmagic Service, the problem now turned out to be a fairly clear hardware / software error:

We even tested several MAC operating systems and also updated the Blackmagic software (Blackmagic desktop video setup) and the firmware of the Ultrastudio HD PRO - without success.

Also in the multiple installed and uninstalled software Livestream-Studio-Pro and Media-Express was always displayed: "No audio signal".

In our desperation, after a temporary resignation, we combed all the points again. Finally, in the Blackmagic Desktop Video Setup software, on the AUDIO tab, one of the two volume controls (which are set to "loud" by default, i.e. 0dB) were pushed a little (1mm) to the right and there was the signal. Media Express and Livestream Studio no longer displayed the error message "No sound signal". Instead, the sound now comes with the picture as desired. As a reminder: the image was always transmitted perfectly.

This little jerk on the volume control of the Ultrastudio HD Mini was the solution. You have to figure it out first. In any case, things are now working correctly again.

Maybe it will help someone?

paologdl

PostTue Feb 02, 2021 10:32 am

lazyland wrote:OK, the problem is solved. A pity that nobody answered my question. At least I want to write a reaction myself:

After I had frequent mail exchanges with the Blackmagic Service, the problem now turned out to be a fairly clear hardware / software error:

We even tested several MAC operating systems and also updated the Blackmagic software (Blackmagic desktop video setup) and the firmware of the Ultrastudio HD PRO - without success.

Also in the multiple installed and uninstalled software Livestream-Studio-Pro and Media-Express was always displayed: "No audio signal".

In our desperation, after a temporary resignation, we combed all the points again. Finally, in the Blackmagic Desktop Video Setup software, on the AUDIO tab, one of the two volume controls (which are set to "loud" by default, i.e. 0dB) were pushed a little (1mm) to the right and there was the signal. Media Express and Livestream Studio no longer displayed the error message "No sound signal". Instead, the sound now comes with the picture as desired. As a reminder: the image was always transmitted perfectly.

This little jerk on the volume control of the Ultrastudio HD Mini was the solution. You have to figure it out first. In any case, things are now working correctly again.

Maybe it will help someone?

Thank you for the tip!!!

Return to Getting Started