Davinci Resolve & UltraStudio Monitor 3G problem

Do you have questions about Desktop Video, Converters, Routers and Monitoring?
  • Author

filmcolorgrade

Davinci Resolve & UltraStudio Monitor 3G problem

PostTue Jan 05, 2021 1:31 pm

Hi everyone,

I have a problem whereby the image on my BenQ PD3200U monitor flickers constantly and I can't get it to stop. My setup is as follows:

- MacBook Pro 2017
    - BenQ PD3200U 4K monitor
    - UltraStudio Monitor 3G
    - Thunderbolt 3 connection with MBP
    - HDMI connection from Monitor 3G to the BenQ

I have used the Media Express program and it displays a clip on the monitor using the 3G beautifully, in 4K without any flickering.

It's only when I use Resolve to output a video feed to the monitor via the UltraStudio 3G that the flickering occurs.

When I use the monitor just from MBP directly to monitor via HDMI cable, the monitor displays the image perfectly.

Does Resolve 16 not work properly with the UltraStudio Monitor 3G ???

Beacon_colour

Re: Davinci Resolve & UltraStudio Monitor 3G problem

PostWed Jan 13, 2021 12:31 pm

Hi,

I believe the Ultrastudio monitor 3G only outputs 1080p60 max over HDMI. You can find the specs on the blackmagic website.

I am on resolve 17 and use the USM 3G to my Ezio CG24 for HD viewing and it works for me. If it only flickers in resolve then maybe check your timeline and output settings in resolve. Not sure how that would create flickering. I had scaling issues at first working on a 4k timeline. Switching to a HD timeline or changing the output scaling in project settings sorted this out. If you want to get the best of the 4k monitor you will have to get something like a 4K decklink and a sonnet box or stump up for the UltraStudio 4K Mini.

This is all newish to me as well so hopefully that helps.

Cheers,
Kurt

DangerTF

Re: Davinci Resolve & UltraStudio Monitor 3G problem

PostSat Jan 30, 2021 12:21 am

I’m having issues with the Ultrastudio monitor 3G as well. But Can’t even get a picture when sending signal to a dell monitor. I get an error on the dell that the input timing needs to be set to 1920x1080 60Hz but nothing I do in Desktop Video seems to work.

I’m working in premiere pro. Checked all me preferences there but nothing seems to be set incorrectly. Sequence is 1920x1080.

I can get a scrambled image if desktop video is set to 1080i59.94 but no other setting combinations are recognized by the dell.

Any thoughts?

Return to Post Production