Intensity Pro4k PCIe - outputting HDMI and S-Video

Getting started with a Blackmagic product? Ask questions here about setup and installation.
  • Author

Shippley

Intensity Pro4k PCIe - outputting HDMI and S-Video

PostWed Jan 13, 2021 2:40 pm

I'm an audio person, and I am using the Intensity Pro 4K PCIe to output video from Pro Tools.

Is it possible to use the HDMI output and Composite output at the same time with the Intensity Pro 4k PCIe?

The manual isn't very helpful.

I have the HDMI attached to a TV and it works, but when I attach the included adapter (blue and green) that makes it into S-Video, and I attach that to another TV, I get "no signal"

I would actually prefer to use Composite (yellow) because that is what my vocal booth is setup to use. I'm not sure how to get a composite feed from the breakout cable, which doesn't appear to have any yellow connector.

In the Desktop Video Setup application, under Analog Video, I can choose either Component or Composite/S Video. I have Composite / S Video selected.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Eric-Jan

Re: Intensity Pro4k PCIe - outputting HDMI and S-Video

PostWed Jan 13, 2021 10:51 pm

As far as i know this is a capture card, the cable works only for one type of analog connection at a time the manual should tell you which color is for composite, since it's one (or more?) of the component cable, composite is a combination of the s-video signals, my guess is that you can't have a digital output at the same time with analog output, this is beyound the scope of the capture card, you may need another BMD product for your needs, i guess your (wanted) setup is also not described in the manual.
So there will be no option in the app's gui to set such a configuration.
(maybe you need a DeckLink card ?)
Intensity Shuttle, ATEM Mini, Video Assist 5"(mini USB), Hyperdeck ShuttleHD,Analog to SDI mini-converter, software: Davinci Resolve 15 on Sierra, Resolve 18 on Catalina. (Using Apple OS 32 & 64 bit on different MacBook Pro's

Shippley

PostThu Jan 14, 2021 10:57 pm

Thanks for the reply.

I found out that the green connector on the component is used for the composite (yellow) that I need to run into the vocal booth.

I also found out that I can get both the HDMI and the composite to show the video simultaneously, by going to the Conversions tab and choosing HD to SD under Output conversion. Maybe this is because the TV in the booth won't support HD? It's not super old and it has HDMI input also, so I'm not sure.

The issue now is, when I choose the HD to SD conversion in the Video Setup application, the video playback becomes about 20% faster. Which is unacceptable.

Any idea why this might be happening or any idea how to solve the issue would be greatly appreciated.

Eric-Jan

PostFri Jan 15, 2021 1:44 pm

This is more a question for a BMD expert, better start a ticket for this, maybe this is more a feature, then BMD at fault.
Intensity Shuttle, ATEM Mini, Video Assist 5"(mini USB), Hyperdeck ShuttleHD,Analog to SDI mini-converter, software: Davinci Resolve 15 on Sierra, Resolve 18 on Catalina. (Using Apple OS 32 & 64 bit on different MacBook Pro's

Return to Getting Started