Problems with the old intensity pro HDMI (not 4k)

Getting started with a Blackmagic product? Ask questions here about setup and installation.
  • Author

FoxHound511

Problems with the old intensity pro HDMI (not 4k)

PostThu Feb 11, 2021 11:30 am

Hi everyone, sorry for my bad English.
I have an intensity pro HDMI, the old edition, the one that reaches up to 1080p.
I tried to connect a gopro hero 7, to use as a webcam with OBS.
The result is that I can't see anything!
The GoPro detects the connection, it is set correctly, but the blackmagic software does not detect it, I tried different settings, even going down to 720p but nothing.
Can someone help me? THANK YOU

Eric-Jan

Re: Problems with the old intensity pro HDMI (not 4k)

PostThu Feb 11, 2021 7:28 pm

My guess is ...OBS does not detect the gopro through the (BMD) Desktop Video Setup ...(which is the setup and driver software for the BMD capture card)
In Desktop Video Setup the correct input should also be selected, but i guess this is what you've already done...
Can you use the gopro with Media Express software to do a capture ?
From within OBS you need to setup the camera as a source/device/asset... sometimes this is not the most obvious option you see within OBS... remove the cable from the Gopro, and see which device disappears in the list which you see in OBS.
If this does not help, check software revision update history of the devices in question.
(sometimes certain versions of software or hardware are not compatible)
otherwise do a google search with keywords of the BMD card in question, Gopro, and OBS, some one should have had the same problem, with the same setup you have.
if all fails you should start a ticket at BMD, with as much of information and details of your setup.

btw. your English is fine, nothing wrong with that.
Intensity Shuttle, ATEM Mini, Video Assist 5"(mini USB), Hyperdeck ShuttleHD,Analog to SDI mini-converter, software: Davinci Resolve 15 on Sierra, Resolve 18 on Catalina. (Using Apple OS 32 & 64 bit on different MacBook Pro's

FoxHound511

PostThu Feb 18, 2021 4:39 pm

I managed to connect the go pro to obs, setting it to 1080p at 25 fps, as "webcam" it can also go, but it has a video delay of at least 2 or 3 seconds ... it's too much ...

Is there no way to decrease it?

spranto

PostFri Feb 19, 2021 5:50 pm

good morning
I'm a brand new user and have some troubles with my new intensity pro card.
according to the control panel in WIn 10 64bit it works but neither Media Express nor Nero VIdeo Platinum or Premiere elements can capture through it, though in capture devices' list the card is seen.
the screen is black and audio not captured as well.
I have installed the latest drivers found DesktopVideo 12 and since I'm trying to capture some Hi8 clips I chose S-video in DesktopVideoSetup. But nothing happens.
according to converter utility "no converter connected". this look crazy and I don't know how to solve.
Please help me!
thanks
Spranto

Return to Getting Started