Speed editor Promotion

Got something to discuss that's not about Blackmagic products? Then check out the Off-Topic forum!
  • Author

markvk

Speed editor Promotion

PostTue Nov 24, 2020 1:17 pm

I was glad to see the addition of an editing console specifically designed for the cut/edit pages. As a non professional editor using DaVinci for you tube stuff, it would be useful to have it.

I have noticed that those people ordering studio will get the panel for free but those of us that already bought a copy dont seem to be being offed even a discount on the panel!

Ah well winge over, thats life i suppose!

Jim Simon

Re: Speed editor Promotion

PostTue Nov 24, 2020 10:01 pm

My plan is to buy another Studio dongle, just to have.
My Biases:

You NEED training.
You NEED a desktop.
You NEED a calibrated (non-computer) display.

JinoAugustine

PostThu Feb 04, 2021 8:36 am

I have been trying to get hold of a bundle for sometime now. It looks like there are delivery difficulties at the moment.

roli_29

PostMon Feb 08, 2021 10:30 am

I order the bundle November 2020 and I´m still waiting.... :shock:

wkmpellucid

PostTue Feb 16, 2021 11:09 pm

Ordering DaVinci Resolve Studio version. What is the hold up. It is great that they included the Speed Editor in the bundle - but, what I want is the activation for the Studio version. I can wait if they can't make and ship the Speed Editors - give me the activation for the software. I bought my Studio version from B&H Photo in New York City. Send me the Speed Editor later!!!

wkmpellucid

PostThu Feb 18, 2021 8:47 pm

I'm going to cancel my order for DaVinci Resolve Studio 17 and the Speed Editor. It seems Black Magic is unable to supply the product. All I really wanted was access to the studio version. Why can't BlackMagic supply the activation code now, ship the Speed Editor later. instead of tying up the order because of manufacture issues with the Speed Editor.

jwildeboer

PostThu Feb 25, 2021 11:23 am

Today I will receive the activation code for Resolve 17 Studio via DHL (why not as email?). But according to my distributor, Thomann in Germany, the hardware has been postponed to end of August this year. Dear Blackmagic - do I really have to wait 10 months from order (Decemebr 2020) to delivery (August 2021)?

Please do something. This is rather disappointing, to put it mildly.

Jan

wkmpellucid

PostTue Mar 02, 2021 12:00 am

My Speed Editor and license key should arrive, via FedEx, tomorrow. Ordered this past Sunday.

wkmpellucid

PostTue Mar 02, 2021 5:48 pm

Speed Editor arrived - installed Resolve Studio - all seem to work

tanguy

PostFri Mar 05, 2021 9:55 am

Hello
I ordered the promotion in November on a German website

I received the license but not the speed editor

if anyone has any info on product availability
Many thanks

randyd

PostSat Mar 06, 2021 12:54 am

i received the speed editor today, but I didn't see a Resolve license in the box. . Would it be tied to the speed editor serial number when I register it?

wkmpellucid

PostSat Mar 06, 2021 3:15 am

The License key is on a card, that was included with your Speed Editor - the serial number is on the outside of the Speed Editor box. When you register with BlackMagic it will ask for the license code - typing it in will automatically fill in the correct spacing.

randyd

PostTue Mar 09, 2021 2:58 am

I looked through all of the 3 pieces of paper and n Ione had a serial number. I contacted Blackmagic and they said contact the retailer.

I contacted the seller and they pointed their finger at Amazon, who fufilled the order. So I am returning it and will reorder it if I can find a retailer that gaurantees that the license is included with the speed editor.

Not real happy with Blackmagic right now.

Joshua_G

PostFri Mar 12, 2021 11:47 am

Jim Simon wrote:My plan is to buy another Studio dongle, just to have.

Having DaVinci Resolve Studio activation code for few years, this is exactly what I did: ordered (and received) another DaVinci Resolve Studio with dongle activation. Just in case there will be internet connection issues.
DaVinci Resolve Studio (latest stable) / Windows 10 Pro x64 / AMD 1920X / 32GB RAM / RX Vega56 8G.
BMPCC 6K + BMPCC 6K Pro.
Retired electronics technician and sound engineer, long-time amateur photographer, beginner hobbyist filmmaker for personal uses.

dustying

PostFri Mar 12, 2021 2:55 pm

roli_29 wrote:I order the bundle November 2020 and I´m still waiting.... :shock:

Same. I just want to voice my opinion that one update about a part being hard to acquire is not very reassuring I'll be getting my speed editor anytime soon. I understand it's difficult to mass produce something high quality, I just want an update on when I can expect something I already paid for. I bought a product, not a lottery ticket.
I realized it would be slower (albeit easier) ordering from a retailer such as B&H, but I would expect at least some kind of notification on when we could expect to receive our product we paid for.

smunaut

PostFri Mar 12, 2021 4:18 pm

I wonder if they use a STM32 inside ... those chips have been in high demand / short supply lately with factory lead times in 20-40 weeks range ...
Resolve Studio - Ryzen 5800X3D - AMD RX6600 / NVidia RTX 4070 (switching between the 2) - Linux

randyd

PostSat Mar 13, 2021 3:18 am

There does appear to be some availability in the US. Amazon shows stock, but be very careful, many do NOT include the free Resolve license , they are the speed editor only.

Generally, the promotion is a Resolve license that includes a free speed Editor.

randyd

PostTue Mar 16, 2021 2:11 am

Note... some places are charging extra for the "free" speed editor, $50 to 100.

Xtreemtec

PostTue Mar 16, 2021 9:22 am

randyd wrote:There does appear to be some availability in the US. Amazon shows stock, but be very careful, many do NOT include the free Resolve license , they are the speed editor only.

Generally, the promotion is a Resolve license that includes a free speed Editor.

This promo can ONLY be ordered at OFFICIAL Resolve DEALERS!!! ;)

All normal bmd retailers can NOT get the Promo on order.. I'm a dealer myself but had to order this promo trough an official Resolve Reseller to get this bad boy for free. Put my original license that i already owned on the internet ;)
Daniel Wittenaar .:: Xtreemtec Media Productions ::. -= www.xtreemtec.nl =-
4K OBV Trailer, ATEM TVS HD, 4M/E Broadcast Studio 4K, Constelation 8K, Hyperdeck Studio 12G, Ursa Broadcast 4K, 4K fiber converters with Sony Control

Return to Off-Topic