Recording from ATEM Mini Pro Ethernet out to HDMI recorder

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author

trock536

Recording from ATEM Mini Pro Ethernet out to HDMI recorder

PostWed Feb 17, 2021 3:59 pm

Hello, I know that this kind of question has been asked multiple times but I haven't been able to find a definitive answer in my searches. Like so many others, because I'm using the USB-C output as a webcam to my laptop, and my HDMI out for multiview, I'd like to be able to record my stream feed directly from the ATEM, and I have a couple of questions.

It seems that I could do this by going from the ATEM Ethernet out to the BMD Streaming Bridge and then to an HDMI recorder, but is there a less expensive alternative? Would a simple Ethernet to HDMI adapter work going into a HDMI recorder?

Either way, have any of you found a good quality inexpensive HDMI recorder?

Thank you.

Tony

Tim_Partridge

Re: Recording from ATEM Mini Pro Ethernet out to HDMI record

PostFri Feb 19, 2021 2:17 am

Unfortunately the Mini Pro can only stream over ethernet. You could perhaps stream to a computer to do the recording? Alternatively capture from web cam somehow.

Although people have asked in the past, the Mini Pro currently does NOT do any of these
    * FTP to a HyperDeck Studio Mini
    * Saving files to Network-Attached Storage
    * HDBaseT
Regards,

Tim

trock536

PostFri Feb 19, 2021 3:37 pm

Thanks, Tim. I do stream to a computer and record in vMix and Bandicam, but would prefer to record directly from the ATEM.

It's my understanding at the ATEM Mini Pro Facebook group that there are various workarounds, including the use of the Streaming Bridge. I am just trying to find the most economical way of doing it. And which HDMI recorders are workable.

Regards,

Tony

Tim_Partridge

PostMon Feb 22, 2021 7:01 pm

An important consideration is what refresh rate you intend using your Mini Pro at. A lot of PC HDMI capture devices seem to be aimed at gamers and only do 1080p60 (which matches the majority of monitors on the market). If you want to do say 1080p30 to save on streaming bandwidth you may need to examine your choices carefully.

Regards,

Tim

trock536

PostTue Feb 23, 2021 2:56 pm

Thanks, Tim. I just got a CAM LINK 4K and set it to 1080p30 and took a split feed from the ATEM HDMI out and it seems to be doing OK.

Return to Live Production