Best Way to do NR on noisy BRaw footage?

Do you have questions about Desktop Video, Converters, Routers and Monitoring?
  • Author

Alexrocks1253

Best Way to do NR on noisy BRaw footage?

PostTue Feb 09, 2021 4:44 pm

I took some Braw footage at an extremely high ISO of 12800 on the BMPCC4k and I have tried doing Temporal NR and Spacial NR in different combinations and Temporal NR has some weird artifacts, while Enhanced Spacial NR sometimes glitches out and applies way too strong NR, making the image completely blurred for a few frames in certain scenes.

Is there a tried and true way to reduce noise without the weird wavy water artifacts or getting a GPU memory error (on a GTX 1080!) or getting a image seemingly made out of clay from overreduction?

Thanks all,
Alex Crocker
What will you create today?

carlomacchiavello

Re: Best Way to do NR on noisy BRaw footage?

PostTue Feb 09, 2021 11:05 pm

try with demo of neat video, where resolve fails, neat video ofx which allow you to sample and remove different frequence of noise give you more control and more quality (it cost more time of rendering).

Alexrocks1253

PostMon Feb 22, 2021 2:54 pm

carlomacchiavello wrote:try with demo of neat video, where resolve fails, neat video ofx which allow you to sample and remove different frequence of noise give you more control and more quality (it cost more time of rendering).

Hopefully it doesn't give me that out of memory error!
What will you create today?

carlomacchiavello

PostMon Feb 22, 2021 8:02 pm

Alexrocks1253 wrote:
carlomacchiavello wrote:try with demo of neat video, where resolve fails, neat video ofx which allow you to sample and remove different frequence of noise give you more control and more quality (it cost more time of rendering).

Hopefully it doesn't give me that out of memory error!

i had a computer with 3x980ti to render gpu with 6gb of vram and don't give me this error during 4k timeline denoise.

Return to Post Production