Jump to: Board index » General » Fusion

Fusion USB dongle works and then doesn't

Learn about 3D compositing, animation, broadcast design and VFX workflows.
  • Author

sentry66

Fusion USB dongle works and then doesn't

PostWed Jan 27, 2021 8:49 pm

I've been using this Dongle for 6 years. I know it's good. I also wasn't having these issues on a prior Win10 computer, but it now happens on the time on a newer Win10 computer.

Fusion 16 and 17 will launch, but Fusion likes to crash as we all know. So when you relaunch, it now asks for an activation key....

Restarting the computer fixes the issue and allows Fusion to run, but I think we'd all agree this can't be a permanent solution going forward.

My question is, what is causing the USB dongle not to be found?
I've tried different USB ports, unplugging it and replugging it back in, going trough the task manager and making sure there are no Fusion processes still running that may interfere.

UserNoah

Re: Fusion USB dongle works and then doesn't

PostThu Jan 28, 2021 7:33 pm

This happened to me recently as well. But only once. I only noticed because it was a completely different UI to what I would usually get when I haven't plugged in my dongle (it was plugged in, though). There wasn't the "Retry" button, only the text field to insert the license key.
If I remember correctly this also happened after a crash.

But again, this only happened to me once. I'm also on Windows 10 and it was Fusion 17 Beta.

judderbones

PostTue Feb 23, 2021 5:24 pm

I have had the same problem at my work. We are using two dongles here. They both stopped working at the same time. I don't have a solution but hope this gets resolved quickly. No restart or anything has got ours working again. Glad the restart gets yours working again, but yes, hoping for a permanent fix.

Judd

Kel Philm

PostWed Feb 24, 2021 1:58 am

Hey Judd,

Contact BMD, for both to have stopped working could mean they were not legitimate dongles and BMD has blocked them through the software.

Return to Fusion