Intensity Shuttle Thunderbolt not showing up after new macOS

Do you have questions about Desktop Video, Converters, Routers and Monitoring?
  • Author

Clinton Vadnais

Intensity Shuttle Thunderbolt not showing up after new macOS

PostSun Feb 21, 2021 8:16 pm

I recently did a clean install of macOS Big Sur on my iMac. I was using the Intensity Shuttle Thunderbolt on Mojave recently. I've tried three thunderbolt cables and I do see the device shown as connected in System Report > Thunderbolt. I've installed the latest Desktop Video 12 and it lists Intensity Shuttle as supported. When launching Media Express the device is not shown. Same with Desktop Video Setup 12. When researching I've seen that you might need to allow permission under Security & Privacy > General. I either did that upon install or it's not an option. I think I did allow for it already. Looks like it's Firmware 5.2. Any idea what to try next here? Thanks!

Edit: Was starting to think perhaps it's simple a Big Sur compatibility issue. Found thisdiscussion. Not looking great. Will try installing older Desktop Video versions. https://www.reddit.com/r/blackmagicdesi ... n_big_sur/

Clinton Vadnais

Re: Intensity Shuttle Thunderbolt not showing up after new m

PostTue Feb 23, 2021 6:06 pm

Working on this again. I opted to create a Catalina APFS Volume on the iMac. So far still not seeing the device in Desktop Video Set Up but is seeing it in my Thunderbolt Device Tree.

Return to Post Production