Sync and manage Multi-Channel Audio Clips

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

fabriciocontreras

Sync and manage Multi-Channel Audio Clips

PostFri Jan 11, 2019 5:46 pm

Hello, I have tried to do two things that have made me lose a lot of time:

1) Synchronize multiple audio clips with a single video clip: I have not been able to find a way for a video clip to synchronize with several audios. For example, in scenes that have several microphones and that their audios have been recorded in different audio files or when the audio recorder just stoped and recorded several times during the same take, generating several audio clips for the same take.

2) If an audio clip has several audio channels (multiple microphones), how can I do to adjust the volumes of each channel independently without having to unhide or separate each channel and put them on a different track in my timeline ? Every time I try to adjust the volume of one of the audio channels (of the same clip, therefore the same audio track) the others are affected simultaneously. It does not matter if it's volume, panning, etc.

Any commentary would help.

Thanks
Fabricio
Director - Post producer on Siete Filmes

Resolve Studio 17.4.3
iMac Pro (2017)
3,2 GHz Intel Xeon W
32 GB 2666 MHz DDR4
Radeon Pro Vega 56 8 GB

fabriciocontreras

Re: Sync and manage Multi-Channel Audio Clips

PostWed Jan 16, 2019 9:13 pm

Anybody?
Fabricio
Director - Post producer on Siete Filmes

Resolve Studio 17.4.3
iMac Pro (2017)
3,2 GHz Intel Xeon W
32 GB 2666 MHz DDR4
Radeon Pro Vega 56 8 GB

cadeg_rsh

PostWed Jan 16, 2019 11:44 pm

fabriciocontreras wrote:Hello, I have tried to do two things that have made me lose a lot of time:

1) Synchronize multiple audio clips with a single video clip: I have not been able to find a way for a video clip to synchronize with several audios. For example, in scenes that have several microphones and that their audios have been recorded in different audio files or when the audio recorder just stoped and recorded several times during the same take, generating several audio clips for the same take.

I don't have an experience in that situation, but may be Compound clips are good for that?

Constantin Gross

PostTue Feb 23, 2021 8:52 pm

fabriciocontreras wrote:Anybody?

did you figure it out?

Jim Simon

PostTue Feb 23, 2021 10:02 pm

1. This is a new feature in version 17.

2. The best approach is to set the Audio Clip Attributes as needed before doing anything else with the clip.
My Biases:

You NEED training.
You NEED a desktop.
You NEED a calibrated (non-computer) display.

Constantin Gross

PostWed Feb 24, 2021 12:15 am

Thanks.
Heads up for 1. When the Video with synced audio is copied to a new project via the export Bin function, it looses connection to the additional audio clips.

Return to DaVinci Resolve