ATEM Macros Focus and Zoom + and -

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author

Peo-RWWK.se

ATEM Macros Focus and Zoom + and -

PostTue Feb 23, 2021 8:53 pm

Hi

What I understand the zoom and focus adjustments do not save to macros. But you can adjust zoom and focus using BM cameras as the BMCCP.

Then I find this post:
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=50337#p291042

My question is, can you create a macro that just adds a very slow zoom in or zoom out for a single camera?

This would be so handy to have, we are only two people when we do gigs and to make a macro that zooms in with our parfocal lenses to cut to would make things so much easier.

If you know how to do this, please provide me with the xml that you used :-D

jeremyduncan

Re: ATEM Macros Focus and Zoom + and -

PostTue Jul 06, 2021 11:09 pm

I too would love to know how they are doing this. Anyone?

As a second question. Does anyone know why the aperture on a variable aperture closes down as you zoom in even if you are not wide open. What is the purpose of forcing a different exposure on a zoom when it's not needed?

jeremyduncan

PostTue Jul 06, 2021 11:38 pm

I've been able to find it!

Although you'll need to do some manual coding, here are the XML macros I've written. Parameter 9 will zoom in or out at any speed between -1 and 1. Unfortunately you can only zoom all the way to the ends because I've only been able to control the speed so far.

In this example I've also corrected the gain to compensate for the fact that the aperture will close down as you zoom if you're using variable aperture lens like the Panasonic 14-42 I'm testing on.

<Macro index="13" name="Drum Zoom In" description="">
<Op id="CameraControlFixedPoint16Bit" address="5" category="0" parameter="9" action="Set" values="1"/>
<Op id="CameraControlByte" address="5" category="1" parameter="13" action="Set" values="28"/>
</Macro>
<Macro index="14" name="Drum Zoom Out" description="">
<Op id="CameraControlFixedPoint16Bit" address="5" category="0" parameter="9" action="Set" values="-1"/>
<Op id="CameraControlByte" address="5" category="1" parameter="13" action="Set" values="20"/>
</Macro>

stephenmontgomery

PostSat Feb 03, 2024 3:39 pm

How would such a script be used? Does it just need saving to an XML and then putting in the right folder somewhere?

Return to Live Production