ATEM Mini Pro and Med Ed

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author

MacKrieger

ATEM Mini Pro and Med Ed

PostTue Feb 23, 2021 9:23 pm

Howdy Y'all,
Was looking for an answer to a feature I thought was on the ATEM Mini Pro. I work at a Medical College in the Simulation Center. I need to be able to display/stream/record multiple viewpoints for the various events/sims we have here. I bought this because it says it can convert 4 HDMI signals into usb webcam for use with Blackboard, MS Teams/Stream, Webex and all the other programs that only recognize usb cameras. I was able to get the Multiview to show up through the hdmi output circled back into the system to OBS but can not get it to show as the camera feed - still shows individual feeds. :roll: Normally I use my Haivision system but lately for some reason they have been moving rooms to a bigger room so they can do fewer sessions :x . Am I missing something. It clearly states multicamera presentations and/or a multiview with 4 cameras. PLEASE HELP

Jim Simon

Re: ATEM Mini Pro and Med Ed

PostWed Feb 24, 2021 5:34 pm

MacKrieger wrote:hdmi output circled back into the system

No, no. That's for the director, not the audience.

USB output to computer gives you the "USB Web Cam" feature. That's the switched output for the audience.

The manual goes over this pretty well.
My Biases:

You NEED training.
You NEED a desktop.
You NEED a calibrated (non-computer) display.

MacKrieger

PostWed Feb 24, 2021 6:37 pm

Jim Simon wrote:The manual goes over this pretty well.

The manual states "To change the HDMI output source, press any of the video out buttons. For example you can select the HDMI inputs for isolated camera recordings, or select the program output or multiview." in the HDMI Output section. There is not a USB output section so one would figure they would do the same thing as output is output.
The manual also notes the Input views as a 1X4, I would prefer a 2X2, and along with "If you are using ATEM Mini Pro or Extreme switchers, the multiview settings allow you to set the multiview orientation" in Multiview Settings would lead you to believe you can arrange the view however you like, removing feature/windows you do not need.
I am not trying to be difficult here, I had read the manual and had others check it out before purchase. I am not the only one disappointed.

Tim_Partridge

PostThu Feb 25, 2021 8:20 am

The Mini Pro only does one input source to output, with an optional 2nd source as Picture in Picture using the DVE. You can change the size of the second picture though and some people do split screen, but this needs one feed to only be showing one half of it without being shifted.

For four feeds going to program output for the audience you need "Super Source" which is available on the newly announced Mini Extreme models. (It can do four feeds. Not sure if it can do any more with the two general DVEs as Grant wasn't sure how they interact in his presentation. I assume it may clash somehow.)

Tim

Return to Live Production