ATEM Mini Pro get files by FTP?

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author

Markus Hottenrott

ATEM Mini Pro get files by FTP?

PostWed Feb 24, 2021 10:56 am

Hi there,

in our studio we use an ATEM TVS HD and the Hyperdeck Studio Mini. After recording a video we collect the recorded files via FTP from the Hyperdeck. Is there a simalar way to get the files recorded with the ATEM Mini Pro with FTP or REST?

ishootyou.com

Re: ATEM Mini Pro get files by FTP?

PostWed Feb 24, 2021 4:43 pm

Markus Hottenrott wrote:Hi there,

in our studio we use an ATEM TVS HD and the Hyperdeck Studio Mini. After recording a video we collect the recorded files via FTP from the Hyperdeck. Is there a simalar way to get the files recorded with the ATEM Mini Pro with FTP or REST?

You mean access the SSD connected to the ATEM Mini via FTP? No.
------------------------
ishootyou.com
Teaching photography and videography in Switzerland

Gary Adams

Blackmagic Design

PostWed Feb 24, 2021 5:24 pm

Hello Markus. With recent firmware updates, you can ftp to the ATEM Mini Pro and ISO to get files from the attached disk. Hope this helps. Stay safe.

Regards, Gary
Gary Adams
Blackmagic Design

Jim Simon

PostWed Feb 24, 2021 5:37 pm

Are the directions for how to do that documented anywhere, Gary?
My Biases:

You NEED training.
You NEED a desktop.
You NEED a calibrated (non-computer) display.

Steve Kanefsky

PostThu Feb 25, 2021 7:46 am

Jim Simon wrote:Are the directions for how to do that documented anywhere, Gary?
I just tried and it works great! You just connect using any ftp client without a name or password.

Steve Kanefsky

PostSat Feb 27, 2021 4:23 am

After playing with this for a couple days I can recommend the Transmit 5 ftp client which is available for Mac and Windows. I'm using the Mac version and it's working great with my ATEM Mini Pro ISO. It has one feature that I absolutely love. There's the expected stuff like being able to save connection details, browse the files using a GUI, and copy files via drag & drop. But you can also set a preference so that if you double click a file it will open right up in the appropriate app based on the type of file. Behind the scenes it's making a temporary local copy but to the user it's as simple as double clicking a video file on the ATEM and having it open up in QuickTime for immediate viewing without going through any extra steps of copying files.

For files that you do want to copy to your local drive and keep permanently, the app can also do a sync so that it will make sure you've copied everything off the disk but without wasting any time recopying files that have already been copied over.

The performance has also been excellent, giving me over 100MB/s on ATEM video files via gigabit ethernet.

https://panic.com/transmit/

Dave Sieg

PostSun Nov 28, 2021 9:11 pm

I had been using WinSCP ftp client to access the drive on the ATEM mini pro, and it was working fine with no username and password. Lately when I try this I get a connection failed message:
"No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it."
Has something changed now requiring a username/password, and if so what are the defaults?
Dave Sieg
ZFx, inc.

Dave Del Vecchio

PostSun Nov 28, 2021 10:22 pm

Dave Sieg wrote:I had been using WinSCP ftp client to access the drive on the ATEM mini pro, and it was working fine with no username and password. Lately when I try this I get a connection failed message:
"No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it."
Has something changed now requiring a username/password, and if so what are the defaults?
This message typically means that that the computer could not establish a TCP connection to the specified port (usually 21 for FTP) at the specified IP address. It's only after establishing a TCP connection (which happens at a lower level of the network stack) that any protocol-specific details like FTP login would happen.

There are a variety of reasons why it might not be possible to establish a TCP connection to a particular destination. This could mean the port or IP address you have configured in the FTP software is incorrect (if you are using DHCP, the IP address may have changed). Or it could mean that there is a firewall or some other kind of network issue that is preventing communication over that port or to that destination address. Or perhaps there is some issue with the ATEM Mini and it has stopped listening on the FTP port for some reason (in which case a reboot might resolve this).

Return to Live Production