v17 random issus

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

RaviKanagaraj

v17 random issus

PostWed Feb 03, 2021 11:12 am

I downloaded DaVinci Resolve Studio 17 Public Beta 8 installed in Apple Mac Mini M1 processor with a dongle, it's asking me to enter activation code. Is this version compatible with M1 Processor? Any Help.
Ravindran Kanagaraj
Consultant - L V Prasad Collage of Media Studies, Chennai. INDIA.
Blackmagic Design DaVinci Resolve - Certified Trainer

Peter Chamberlain

Blackmagic Design

Re: Compliments on Resolve 17

PostWed Feb 03, 2021 2:30 pm

You need the 17.1 versions for M1 support
DaVinci Resolve Product Manager

sadeqarmani

PostThu Feb 04, 2021 8:50 pm

it seems the "CTRL+Z" not working at all or do something else instead of undo the last action (in fusion titles). i am using davinci resolve Studio 17 b8 windows.

Sean van Berlo

PostFri Feb 05, 2021 1:11 pm

sadeqarmani wrote:it seems the "CTRL+Z" not working at all or do something else instead of undo the last action (in fusion titles). i am using davinci resolve Studio 17 b8 windows.

This is not a 17 bug, but instead quite annoying behavior that has persisted for at least a year now. Ctrl-z does not work in Fusion titles (and effects?) on the edit page.

Richard Termini

PostThu Feb 25, 2021 1:52 pm

So 17 will only work with Catalina .. is that right? I hate Catalina. Is this set in stone? 17 needs Catalina?

Jeff Ha

PostThu Feb 25, 2021 3:47 pm

Richard Termini wrote:So 17 will only work with Catalina .. is that right? I hate Catalina. Is this set in stone? 17 needs Catalina?

uh? Did you read the release notes... Minimum system requirements

Richard Termini

PostFri Feb 26, 2021 12:18 am

Jeff Ha wrote:
Richard Termini wrote:So 17 will only work with Catalina .. is that right? I hate Catalina. Is this set in stone? 17 needs Catalina?

Yes I did uh... read the release note... and I am disappointed and half hoping there is a work around but no... there it is...

Richard Termini

PostFri Feb 26, 2021 12:27 am

Richard Termini wrote:
Jeff Ha wrote:

Yes I did uh... read the release note... and I am disappointed and half hoping there is a work around but no... there it is...

Apple’s latest Mac update, macOS Catalina, was released earlier this week, and with it came a flurry of complications both minor and major.

''For one, this update is the first for Apple to drop 32-bit application support, which is causing all sorts of headaches for users of apps, plug-ins, and other software that may not be updated for quite some time or may have been created by a company that no longer exists. There are also a fair number of other issues with Catalina, like Adobe software incompatibility problems and unforeseen hurdles related to the removal of iTunes.

That leads us to a series of important questions for Mac users who may be at risk of having important workflows disrupted by Catalina. What exactly might go wrong if you do upgrade?

Peter Chamberlain

Blackmagic Design

PostFri Feb 26, 2021 3:27 am

Based on things in the pipeline, and that a lot of new users are coming to Resolve we build and test on Big Sur and one version back, i.e. Catalina. Mojave should work, but we don’t guarantee with future updates.
DaVinci Resolve Product Manager

Return to DaVinci Resolve