Official "Look what I shot!" Thread

The place for questions about shooting with Blackmagic Cameras.
  • Author

smslavin

Re: Official "Look what I shot!" Thread

PostWed Oct 28, 2020 2:12 am

robedge wrote:This makes me want to see your video of the performance. One criticism, unrelated to the camerawork and visual editing. I found much of the dialogue difficult to understand and in some cases unintelligible. It’s frustrating. If this couldn’t be fixed in RX, subtitles would have been a good idea. Given that everyone is talking through masks, I also think that viewers would have no problem with subtitles.

Looking forward to the performance if you can link it.

Thanks Rob. I'll take another look at the audio. Had not thought of subtitles and that is something to look into moving forward. Is there transcription software available to make that easier?

I will definitely link the performance when I finish it.
Flight case of BM gear
BMMSC | BMPCC 4K & 6K
Deity Mics | MixPre 6 II & 10 II
MacPro flashed to 5,1 and hot rodded as much as possible

robedge

PostWed Oct 28, 2020 9:23 am

smslavin wrote:
I'll take another look at the audio. Had not thought of subtitles and that is something to look into moving forward. Is there transcription software available to make that easier?

Subtitles are sometimes used when dialogue is spoken with a heavy accent. I think that viewers will see subtitles as helpful, rather than odd, when speakers are masked.

There are several online transcription services, but they are paid. You can play your audio to a computer or smartphone and use the device’s voice recognition and something like Google Docs to make a transcript. If you upload video to YouTube, you can also tell YouTube to make a transcript and then download the transcript. However, I don’t know how well these options would work in this case, where the issue is intelligibility of the dialogue.

Maybe when you replay the audio you won’t have the same difficulty that I had, although realise that you know this content cold and your viewers don’t. I suppose it’s possible that others won’t have the same problem that I did, but between the masks, fairly reverberant spaces and background noise I had trouble following what was being said.

smslavin

PostWed Oct 28, 2020 2:48 pm

robedge wrote:
smslavin wrote:
I'll take another look at the audio. Had not thought of subtitles and that is something to look into moving forward. Is there transcription software available to make that easier?

Subtitles are sometimes used when dialogue is spoken with a heavy accent. I think that viewers will see subtitles as helpful, rather than odd, when speakers are masked.

There are several online transcription services, but they are paid. You can play your audio to a computer or smartphone and use the device’s voice recognition and something like Google Docs to make a transcript. If you upload video to YouTube, you can also tell YouTube to make a transcript and then download the transcript. However, I don’t know how well these options would work in this case, where the issue is intelligibility of the dialogue.

Maybe when you replay the audio you won’t have the same difficulty that I had, although realise that you know this content cold and your viewers don’t. I suppose it’s possible that others won’t have the same problem that I did, but between the masks, fairly reverberant spaces and background noise I had trouble following what was being said.

Appreciate the feedback Rob. I'll make some tweaks this week and see what I can do.
Flight case of BM gear
BMMSC | BMPCC 4K & 6K
Deity Mics | MixPre 6 II & 10 II
MacPro flashed to 5,1 and hot rodded as much as possible

shotxero

PostWed Oct 28, 2020 7:00 pm

ALL SHOT ON BMPCC6K

Maurizio_Fenici

PostThu Oct 29, 2020 2:42 pm

Two projects for a local dance school.
Both with BMPCC 4K

Boscom

PostMon Nov 02, 2020 11:20 am

Some low light footage of a halloween event. BMPCC4K

vbutinar

PostFri Nov 06, 2020 9:27 pm

Ok so I'll post a couple of our projects too that we did with the Pocket 4K.
My girlfriend and I bought the Pocket 4K because we wanted to have a real camera that we could use in stuff that we shot. Unfortunately there's only so much time and we did shoot more narrative stuff but it hasn't been edited and released yet.

A music video that just aired that we shot in September.

You can imagine how hard it was to shoot in these corona times. We had to find biker family people so that they could be in close contact of each other and had to limit the number of people on set.

A short documentary that was partially shot on the Pocket 4K.

Only parts of the short were shot on the Pocket 4K since we got a bunch of footage from the artist himself.

Another music video that we shot at the beginning of last year with only a couple of actors.

We only had 6 soldiers to shoot with and had to alert the PD and FD that we were shooting of smoke bombs and that there were a bunch of army guys running around the woods. They were really cool and came to check out the shoot.

A short film we shot last summer to play around with the Pocket 4K.

This short was shot in only a day and a half and we only had a couple of days to prep and had a bunch of problems in between. But I'm still happy with the result even though I might not be happy with all the aspects of the project. :)

A short TV commercial done this summer.

This commercial was shot and edited so fast. We had less than a day and a half to get there shoot everything and edit it together before the next day so that it got aired on time.

A short social media video for a bar.

This one was done on the fly.

timbutt2

PostWed Nov 11, 2020 4:00 am

Clowning Around - Model Video

Latest model video with the DZOFILM Pictor Zoom lenses. Mainly used the 20-55mm T2.8 on it. This is a tad late for Halloween, but oh well. Shot on the URSA Mini Pro G2 configured with the PL Mount and in Blackmagic RAW. Nanlite Forza 300 lights were used with the fresnel attachments and colored gels. Edited & Graded in DaVinci Resolve 17 Beta. Really tested out the new HDR Palette, Color Warper, and other color improvements.

"I'm well trained in the art of turning **** to gold." - Tim Buttner (timbutt2)

Cameras: URSA Mini Pro G2 & Pocket 6K Pro
Past: UM4.6K, P6K, BMCC 2.5K
Computers: iMac 5K (Mid 2020) & MacBook Pro Retina 15.4in (Mid 2018)

Hulihullut Productions

PostMon Nov 16, 2020 1:04 pm

A short film for Enter the world of Hans Zimmer video competition. Shot with the Pocket 4k. Comments?

KonradRussegger

PostWed Dec 09, 2020 10:30 am

The trailer for my new short film project. COVID-19 ultimately prevented finishing it this year.

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk Pro

timbutt2

PostTue Jan 19, 2021 5:20 am

A little ad for a beach bag.

UMPG2, BRAW 12:1, DZOFilm Pictor 20-55mm T2.8, DaVinci Resolve 17 Beta

Adam Langdon

PostFri Jan 29, 2021 6:35 pm

Finally finished my short film!

Shot on Ursa Mini Pro G2 @ 800 & 1600 ISO, SLR Magic APO Microprimes 25mm, 32mm, 50mm, and a Tiffen Black Satin 1.
Ursa Mini 12k +Rawlite - Cinema Camera 6k - SLR Magic APO Microprimes PL/EF - Tamron 24-70mm f2.8 G2 - Aputure Lighting

Ellory Yu

PostFri Jan 29, 2021 6:55 pm

Here's a teaser for an indie feature that I edited and jointly graded during Covid months...
URSA Mini Pro 4.6K G2, Blackmagic Design Pocket Cinema Camera 6K, Panasonic GH5
PC Workstation Core I7 64Gb, 2 x AMD R9 390X 8Gb, Blackmagic Design DeckLink 4K Mini Monitor, Windows 10 Pro 64-bit, Resolve Studio 18, BM Micro Panel & Speed Editor

robedge

PostFri Jan 29, 2021 8:24 pm

Ellory Yu wrote:Here's a teaser for an indie feature that I edited and jointly graded during Covid months...

More from this film in the first two minutes of the Director's Reel:

Ellory Yu

PostFri Jan 29, 2021 9:07 pm

robedge wrote:More from this film in the first two minutes of the Director's Reel:

Cool. This is my first to see her reel. I love working with her. She and I have become good friends over the last few years. She's great at making her film fit her budgets. I worked on most of the films in her reel. As Editor and Colorist on - The first two minutes as I have shared in the above (trailer) post; 2:02, Gravel Road; 2:19 - Noa; 3:22 - To Dye For. As her DP on - 2:02, Gravel Road; and 3:55, Becoming Lola. :)
PC Workstation Core I7 64Gb, 2 x AMD R9 390X 8Gb, Blackmagic Design DeckLink 4K Mini Monitor, Windows 10 Pro 64-bit, Resolve Studio 18, BM Micro Panel & Speed Editor

timbutt2

PostWed Feb 10, 2021 3:50 am

Latest Music Video:

Some details:
Shot on the DZOFilm Vespid Primes and the DZOFilm Pictor Zooms. Primarily the Pictor 20-55mm was on the Blackmagic Design Pocket Cinema Camera 6K, which was on a slider, and then the Vespid Primes (25, 35, & 75) were on the URSA Mini Pro G2. The UMPG2 was either on sticks or Steadicam. There were several takes for us to get all the angles possible with both cameras. Lighting was done with the Nanlite Pavotubes, Nanlite Forza 60 & 300, and as well some Bright Cine Yidoblo AI-3000C lights. Edited & Graded in DaVinci Resolve 17 Beta.

Adam Langdon

PostWed Feb 10, 2021 3:27 pm

timbutt2 wrote:Latest Music Video:

Some details:
Shot on the DZOFilm Vespid Primes and the DZOFilm Pictor Zooms. Primarily the Pictor 20-55mm was on the Blackmagic Design Pocket Cinema Camera 6K, which was on a slider, and then the Vespid Primes (25, 35, & 75) were on the URSA Mini Pro G2. The UMPG2 was either on sticks or Steadicam. There were several takes for us to get all the angles possible with both cameras. Lighting was done with the Nanlite Pavotubes, Nanlite Forza 60 & 300, and as well some Bright Cine Yidoblo AI-3000C lights. Edited & Graded in DaVinci Resolve 17 Beta.

Color looks REALLY nice! Great shots and lighting, too!
Ursa Mini 12k +Rawlite - Cinema Camera 6k - SLR Magic APO Microprimes PL/EF - Tamron 24-70mm f2.8 G2 - Aputure Lighting

timbutt2

PostThu Feb 11, 2021 5:28 pm

Adam Langdon wrote:
timbutt2 wrote:Latest Music Video:

Some details:

Color looks REALLY nice! Great shots and lighting, too!

Thank you Adam! I appreciate it. My biggest criticism is still the one I couldn't control, and that's that I wanted more than one location. But the band wanted it all in one space.

Overlander

PostThu Feb 11, 2021 9:00 pm

Here's a recent Demo reel I put together for a stock agency. All shot on an Ursa G2, mostly with a Nikkor 200-400mm and some with a 2x extender. Manfrotto sticks and 502 head, though I am about to upgrade head to a Nitro, so some stabilization used in FCPX. Some slo-mo at 60-80 fps.

timbutt2

PostThu Feb 25, 2021 8:30 pm

Latest model video done with the URSA Mini Pro G2 and the DZOFilm Pictor Zooms (20-55 & 50-125) with editing and grading being done in DaVinci Resolve 17 Beta.

This came together very last minute. I literally finished early on a short film shoot when an actress cancelled due to an emergency. So, I went and met with my photographer friend at the beach for this. The wind was insane, and it was quite chilly. Nonetheless, it came out great.

Jeffrey D Mathias

PostSun Feb 28, 2021 5:38 pm

Hawk Power

BMD pocket 4K with Canon EF100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L IS II USM
3200 ISO, 1/2000 sec, 120fps@24p, 2Kcrop (2688x1512 downsized to 2560x1440), Braw3:1
400mm (actually about 380mm), f7.0
Feb 21, 2021, 7:15am, 18F
playback speeds of clip: 1/5, 3/5, 4/5, 2/5
AMD Threadripper 1950x 16-core 3.4 GHz
96 GB Crucial DDR4 2666 ECC UDIMM RAM
AsRock Fatal1ty x399 motherboard
AMD Radeon Pro WX 8200 GPU
Windows 10 Pro 64-bit version 22H2, build 19045.3208
DeckLink 4K Extreme 12G
iPad Pro M2

Overlander

PostSun Feb 28, 2021 6:03 pm

A few clips of a Canada Lynx from several 6-hour days below zero. Ursa g2. Nikkor 70-200 F2.5.

Password is McArthur (not releasing it on Vimeo yet.)

robedge

PostSun Feb 28, 2021 6:18 pm

Overlander wrote:A few clips of a Canada Lynx from several 6-hour days below zero. Ursa g2. Nikkor 70-200 F2.5.

Password is McArthur (not releasing it on Vimeo yet.)

Congratulations, that's pretty dramatic footage. McArthur Island Park in Kamloops, B.C.?

Overlander

PostSun Feb 28, 2021 6:32 pm

Yes, Rob. Unfortunately my shooting may be over as there is growing concern for the beast. Those of us who were there were for the most part more than respectful of distance, but, a few iPhone folks were getting way too close and one guy actually deliberately flushed it. Short of a wrestling match there was little we could do. And having my G2 on sticks attracts way more attention than those with DSLRs and long lenses. So, I become part of the problem. We deliberately did not go on the weekend. Now folks are coming from Vancouver! Cheers

Derfla

PostTue Mar 02, 2021 2:57 pm

timbutt2 wrote:A little ad for a beach bag.

I continue to be inspired by your shots. I own the same gear (G2 / DZOFilm Pictor Zooms 20-55 & 50-125 / DaVinci Resolve 17), and as I continue to learn the trade, I get closer and closer to the quality that you achieve.

What I need more work on is the artistic eye and lighting which plays such a big part of the whole experience. Anyway, thanks for posting!

timbutt2

PostFri Mar 05, 2021 2:10 am

Derfla wrote:
timbutt2 wrote:A little ad for a beach bag.

I continue to be inspired by your shots. I own the same gear (G2 / DZOFilm Pictor Zooms 20-55 & 50-125 / DaVinci Resolve 17), and as I continue to learn the trade, I get closer and closer to the quality that you achieve.

What I need more work on is the artistic eye and lighting which plays such a big part of the whole experience. Anyway, thanks for posting!

Thank you, Derfla! I appreciate it.

Lighting is definitely key. And yet also, subtracting and modifying light. The beach bag commercial was shot super low budget without any lighting gear or light modifiers. All natural light! It was also super run and gun.

I worked on a different ad this week shot on the Arri Alexa Mini. We did a lot of modification on that because it was higher budget. We used diffusion for the sun, and as well Astras and Gemini lights. We used solids as well. There was a lot more that went into it, but a larger crew as well.

And yet, it's still incredibly impressive how well these Blackmagic cameras perform in natural light. The dynamic range is amazing. I have nothing but high praise for how well they perform in this regard. And, if you control the light like we did with the Alexa then it performs equal to the Alexa. That's why so often I can shoot with my G2 with an Alexa and they match.

I can't wait to see what Blackmagic does next with the 12K sensor and the URSA Mini Pro body. I'm hoping the Generation 2 12K has some amazing body improvements that also help unlock more from the 12K sensor. But I'd love to see more tools built for the cameras like a Wireless Lens Control System that communicates perfectly with the camera. A wireless video system with Wireless Video Assists that also have Wireless Camera Control, which also work seamlessly with that Wireless Lens Control System. And, so much more potential...

Gary Collins

PostSat Mar 13, 2021 5:55 pm

Hi Guys

We had *one day* of snow here recently in Ireland so filmed my daughter out having fun and my wife and I watched her and then made this little clip together. The old BMPC4k with a Helios 85-210.

rick.lang

PostSat Mar 13, 2021 7:24 pm

Special in every way. And that ending to your Dreaming video is a very haunting precious memory to endure through time.
Rick Lang

Gary Collins

PostSat Mar 13, 2021 10:14 pm

Hi Rick

Hope you're doing good. Thanks for your kind comments - made my wife and I happy. We're glad to capture our daughter forever as she is now. Thanks again Rick. :D

JimmyBeveridge

PostTue Mar 16, 2021 11:00 pm

This is the opening scene from Llakichina–The Suicide Cliffs, an art movie we’re working on. Shot on BMPCC6K

Ellory Yu

PostTue Mar 16, 2021 11:17 pm

JimmyBeveridge wrote:This is the opening scene from Llakichina–The Suicide Cliffs, an art movie we’re working on. Shot on BMPCC6K

Nice work Jimmy! A bit predictable in the narrative but I love B&W films. :)

david evans

PostSat Mar 20, 2021 3:40 pm

Hey guys,

Short documentary I shot in my house during our last lockdown. Shot entirely on the Ursa Mini 4.6k.

Let me know what you think.

pass: lockdown21

Thanks

Henchman

PostTue Apr 06, 2021 11:15 pm

Promo/fundraising trailer for my micro budget feature I hope to shoot this summer.
Shot with the BMPCC 4K.
Favorite shots are the Voigtlander 40mm F2 and moller 32x2 anamorphic scope.
I'm going to try and shoot the entire feature with that combo.

https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0972296/

Derfla

PostWed Apr 07, 2021 1:28 am

Henchman wrote:Promo/fundraising trailer for my micro budget feature I hope to shoot this summer.
Shot with the BMPCC 4K.

Very nice. Did you use a single camera or multiple BMPCC 4K's?

Henchman

PostWed Apr 07, 2021 1:41 am

Derfla wrote:
Henchman wrote:Promo/fundraising trailer for my micro budget feature I hope to shoot this summer.
Shot with the BMPCC 4K.

Single. Though I have 2 for when we start shooting the full feature.

Florent Piovesan

PostWed Apr 07, 2021 9:42 am

Hey guys,

For years my grandfather has been weaving baskets so I thought I would make a little doco on it since I visited him for a few days.

Shot with the Contax Zeiss 28mm 2.8 on the BMPCC6K

Prores 422 UHD, handheld. Natural light only, no diffusion.
Shot in 1h30. VO recorded in 5mins. Edited and coloured in one day.

Let me know if you have any questions :).

Cheers,
Flo
https://www.oftwolands.com

DorisLondon

Feature Film Shot on Ursa Mini 4. 6k

PostWed Apr 07, 2021 10:47 am

Hi all
Late last year 2020, I shot my modest, first "no budget" feature film.
Currently the film is in post production and will be completed by June/July 2021.
I aim to enter the movie into various world wide film festivals.
Shot entirely on the Ursa Mini 4.6k, with "Iron Glass"
Prime vintage Russian lenses.
My cast was made up of both amateur and professional talent.
Film in London and Essex England.

The crew consisted of myself and one assistant.

As this was my first feature the learning curve was huge but rewarding. I made a ton of mistakes along the way but in so doing I've learnt some very important lessons on what to do, and what not to do when taking on a "no budget" feature film .
Any questions, help or guidance I can offer to anyone else who maybe considering making a movie in this way, or perhaps you have already started your project and may need some advice and feedback, I'm more than happy to pass anything useful that I have learnt.

https://www.threecouplesfreed.com/

Trailer:
https://www.threecouplesfreed.com/trailer-1

IMDb:
https://m.imdb.com/title/tt13561128/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1

Derfla

PostWed Apr 07, 2021 12:36 pm

Henchman wrote:
Derfla wrote:
Shot with the BMPCC 4K.

Single. Though I have 2 for when we start shooting the full feature.

That's amazing! I am a newbie, If you have a moment, can you describe to me how to best shoot with a single camera when there is dialog between two or more people and using different camera angles. The way you did it was so seamless. Very impressive. How does one go about doing/planning that?

Derfla

Re: Feature Film Shot on Ursa Mini 4. 6k

PostWed Apr 07, 2021 2:03 pm

DorisLondon wrote:Hi all
Late last year 2020, I shot my modest, first "no budget" feature film.
Currently the film is in post production and will be completed by June/July 2021.
I aim to enter the movie into various world wide film festivals.
Shot entirely on the Ursa Mini 4.6k, with "Iron Glass"
Prime vintage Russian lenses.
My cast was made up of both amateur and professional talent.
Film in London and Essex England.

The crew consisted of myself and one assistant.

As this was my first feature the learning curve was huge but rewarding. I made a ton of mistakes along the way but in so doing I've learnt some very important lessons on what to do, and what not to do when taking on a "no budget" feature film .
Any questions, help or guidance I can offer to anyone else who maybe considering making a movie in this way, or perhaps you have already started your project and may need some advice and feedback, I'm more than happy to pass anything useful that I have learnt.

https://www.threecouplesfreed.com/

Trailer:
https://www.threecouplesfreed.com/trailer-1

IMDb:
https://m.imdb.com/title/tt13561128/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1

Loved the trailer, looking forward to seeing the finished product. This forum has some great talent!

Can you provide a breakdown of the gear you used? Also, how were you able to get those amazing actors with no budget?

You mentioned that you shot with an Ursa Mini 4.6k. Can you describe to me how to best shoot with a single camera when there is dialog between two or more people and using different camera angles. How does one go about doing/planning that?

And finally, how long is the finished product, and how long did it take to shoot and edit. Sorry for all the questions, but I am a newbie and want to absorb as much as possible. Thanks!

rick.lang

PostWed Apr 07, 2021 2:22 pm

DorisLondon wrote:Hi all
Late last year 2020, I shot my modest, first "no budget" feature... As this was my first feature the learning curve was huge but rewarding...

This looks very good! All the best when you shop it around.
Rick Lang

Ellory Yu

PostWed Apr 07, 2021 2:32 pm

Derfla wrote:Can you describe to me how to best shoot with a single camera when there is dialog between two or more people and using different camera angles. How does one go about doing/planning that?

Hey Al, It's not uncommon to shoot dialogue scenes with 1 camera. In fact, it is usually more of the case than with multi-cam. Part of your planning is to do blocking and rehearse if you can. To take different angles using one camera, you will need to repeat the scene for each angle. For example, if you have a couple talking with each other, you may want to take 2 different angles: 1 x two shot angle and 2 x MCU or OTS (one for each of the couple) at the angle of their conversation. Make sure to take all those shots following the 180 degree rule. Then in Post, you cut them and sync them to dialogue making it look seamless. It's pretty straight forward. When you shoot each angle, you probably want to shoot each scene in its entirety if time permits. Some may only shoot in parts if they are pretty confident with their framing and pretty skilled at it.

EDIT: Oh, I almost forgot an important thing. Watch for continuity. This is critical and you don't want to catch it when in post already. It can be disastrous. :(
Last edited by Ellory Yu on Wed Apr 07, 2021 5:41 pm, edited 3 times in total.

DorisLondon

PostWed Apr 07, 2021 3:13 pm

Rick Lang
[/quote]
This looks very good! All the best when you shop it around.[/quote]

Thank you Rick, It is as I'm sure your aware a very slow process and very much a process of loss. Indie films are just normally used as calling cards, introductory pieces film that hopefully propel and fuel you on to the next project, much further down the line there is a slim chance of a career. emphasis is on the word, slim. lol.

DorisLondon

Re: Feature Film Shot on Ursa Mini 4. 6k

PostWed Apr 07, 2021 3:42 pm

Derfla wrote:

Loved the trailer, looking forward to seeing the finished product. This forum has some great talent!

Can you provide a breakdown of the gear you used? Also, how were you able to get those amazing actors with no budget?
[/quote]

Hi,

Basic Kit list:

Ursa Mini 4.6k (PL)
Chinese SSD drive (for the Ursa)(I can't recall the brand, there are plenty on ebay)
Generic, cheap Matte box.
Alphatron EVF-035W-3G
Camera cage and Tripod plate. (CamGear)
Generic cheap, old heavy tripod (unknown brand)
Russian vintage prime lenses:
85mm. MC Jupiter 9. f2.5.
28mm. MIR 10A f3.5.
37mm. MIR 1B f2.8.
20mm. MIR f3.5.
58mm. Helios 44. f2.
135mm. Tair 11A f2.8
Rode NT8 shotgun microphone
Rode boom
Sound Devices 702t field recorder
X3 600wt led lighting rigs ,cheap Indian made. (CamTree)
X4 V-mount camera and lighting batteries (Const Ltd)

Actors, I was lucky, however I networked like crazy to get good actor's on board

General advice.
Know your subject, Read, read, read and read.
Plan, plan, plan and then plan again.
Be honest about your abilities and the likely outcome of the film your making.
Be kind, polite and take care of your Actor's .
Make sure your talent is watered and fed on shoot days.
Excellent communication is vital.
Have a clear vision for your film.
A good script, with the confidance to communicate your ideas.
Lastly believe in yourself and your film. Passion breeds passion.

" How to film with one Camera"
Ellory Yu" has answered your question clearly enough.

The film was shot over a period of 8 months. Due to availability of actor's and myself. etc. Plus in England, like many other Countries we have been coping with the Covid virus, so the restrictions delayed filming on many occasions.

The Final film is looking to be around 80mins. Which is rather on the short side for a feature it has to be said.

Geoff.
Last edited by DorisLondon on Wed Apr 07, 2021 8:08 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Henchman

PostWed Apr 07, 2021 4:09 pm

Derfla wrote:
That's amazing! I am a newbie, If you have a moment, can you describe to me how to best shoot with a single camera when there is dialog between two or more people and using different camera angles. The way you did it was so seamless. Very impressive. How does one go about doing/planning that?

Well, make sure the actors are good at making the same moves when you move to the other angles. I had in my mind exactly how I wanted to cut it together. So I made sure they were matching movements when I shot the 2nd angle. But also made sure I got the movement in the first shot that I knew I would nerd for the 2nd shot.

Derfla

PostWed Apr 07, 2021 5:13 pm

@DorisLondon
@Henchman
@Ellory Yu

Thank you guys so much for taking the time to answer my newbie questions. Your advice is very helpful as I learn this craft. It's good to know that I don't necessarily need to purchase another camera in order to make short films. You guys are amazing as well as inspirational.

DorisLondon

PostWed Apr 07, 2021 7:42 pm

david evans wrote:Hey guys,

Short documentary I shot in my house during our last lockdown. Shot entirely on the Ursa Mini 4.6k.

Let me know what you think.

pass: lockdown21

Thanks

Some very nice images and compositions within this piece. I loved the pace and timing, very much my kind of mood. I did feel it was way to long. And I'm not a fan of to much slow mo. Overall technically competent with a good eye for composition. IMO. would like to see you take on a narrative project.

Geoff.

alvaromedina

PostSat Apr 17, 2021 10:44 am

Hi everyone. This is my first post in the forum but I usually read it from couple of years ago. I am a fan of the old fairchild sensor. I have a Bmpcc4k, a Bmpcc and a Bmmcc, and I still prefer to use these little guys over the new one depends on the project.

This is a videoclip that I shot mixing the Bmpcc4k (C/Y Zeiss Primes + Speedbooster) and the Microcinema with russian 16mm Lens (Meopta Largor and Openar), both in CDNG.

I also use the Microcinema as an A cam without "vintage" postproduction, like in this other videoclip, shot with speedbooster and Sigma 18-35mm (night car interiors) and Tokina 11-16mm (day exteriors)

I´m still learning and trying to get a more organic look from the Bmpcc4k. I have test the new Gen 5 (not in this videoclip) in Resolve 17 and I found it more pleasant than the Gen4 as most of users says.

And sorry for my english!

Nick Heydon

PostTue Apr 20, 2021 11:32 am

Hey guys,

Since the middle / end of last summer I've been making a feature length documentary. I have 3 more shoots to do, and then it can be finished. However I wanted to share a small teaser I've made in anticipation of sending it out to festivals etc.

I'd love to hear all feedback, comments, criticism etc.

Shot entirely handheld (apart from one shot) with BMPCC4k, Viltrox speed booster and Sigma 18-35.

timbutt2

PostTue Apr 20, 2021 10:21 pm

Here’s the latest music video shot on the URSA Mini Pro G2 and the DZOFilm Vespid Primes. One shot DZOFilm Pictor Zoom for the obvious reason. BRAW 8:1 at 24 fps. Edit, VFX, and grade in DaVinci Resolve 17.

Enjoy! And, happy 4/20!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ellory Yu

Re: Official

PostWed Apr 21, 2021 6:08 am

timbutt2 wrote:Here’s the latest music video shot on the URSA Mini Pro G2 and the DZOFilm Vespid Primes. One shot DZOFilm Pictor Zoom for the obvious reason. BRAW 8:1 at 24 fps. Edit, VFX, and grade in DaVinci Resolve 17.

Very nice Tim. Looks like the G2, BRAW, and the Vespid are a match made for this picture - soft yet vibrant colors.
PreviousNext

Return to Cinematography