DaVinci Resolve hangs on launch, Looking for control surface

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

inspMT

DaVinci Resolve hangs on launch, Looking for control surface

PostWed Mar 17, 2021 4:54 pm

All our editing system equipped with nVidia Quadro is stuck at launch with the splash screen, “Looking for control surface”.

We are running Resolve Studio version 16. We tried all of version 16 and the moved to try 17 and 17.1, but all the same results. None of them will launch completely. We reached out to Blackmagic support via phone, email and even Twitter with no responses.

This started happening out of the blue last Friday (3/12) and it’s Wednesday (3/17), we are losing valuable production time, so now I'm trying the forum.

Please help! Thanks!

Jim Simon

Re: DaVinci Resolve hangs on launch, Looking for control sur

PostThu Mar 18, 2021 4:11 pm

BMD didn't answer the phone?
My Biases:

You NEED training.
You NEED a desktop.
You NEED a calibrated (non-computer) display.

inspMT

Re: DaVinci Resolve hangs on launch, Looking for control sur

PostThu Apr 15, 2021 4:10 pm

I didn't expect this, but the call went to voice mail and I didn't get a call back nor any other response.

After many attempts, due to the urgency of the issue, we finally got in touch with someone.

The issue is now resolved internally. We found that our antivirus was blocking something that Resolve needed.

Return to DaVinci Resolve