Resolve 16 Studio won't start at all

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

Dwaine Maggart

Blackmagic Design

Re: Resolve 16 Studio won't start at all

PostTue Mar 16, 2021 1:47 am

Please send another Resolve diagnostic log. This time you can use the Resolve Help menu to generate it.

Also send a Windows System Information .NFO file.

And send a project export .drp file of the project with the laggy playback.

Ideally, put all that on your Google Drive and send a link to that that does not require access credentials.
Dwaine Maggart
Blackmagic Design DaVinci Support

Kenn_Kaii

PostTue Mar 16, 2021 5:45 am

Here you go.

Resolve diagnostic: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1r0hkZ3 ... sp=sharing

NFO: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1qNzNxm ... sp=sharing

.drp file: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1bE08Tl ... sp=sharing

For the .drp file I wasn't sure. I right clicked the project and exported it. If that's how you do it.

Dwaine Maggart

Blackmagic Design

PostTue Mar 16, 2021 5:56 pm

I don't see any issues in the logs and the project doesn't look like it should struggle on your system.

Do the playback issues happen on both the Edit page and the Color page?

Are there any particular clips in the timeline the issue occurs on?

You have all the media on your Desktop. And you have OneDrive installed. If your Desktop is on OneDrive, that may cause file reading performance issues.

Your default cache/stills path is your Videos folder. If that was on OneDrive, that might also cause issues playing your cached files.
Dwaine Maggart

Kenn_Kaii

PostTue Mar 16, 2021 7:34 pm

Switching from the Edit page, Color Page, Fusion Page etc. causes Davinci Resolve and scrubbing through the timeline in those pages causes lag. Even moving around nodes seems very choppy.

I created a new project as a test, put in a single video and it was also laggy during playback and when I switched between pages. Seems like the issue is on every page and not just the Edit page.

There's just two empty folders (Documents and Pictures) in OneDrive and I don't use them. I could completely delete OneDrive if that's a possible issue, because I don't use it.

Overall it seems like Davinci Resolve as a whole has become laggy since I did the Windows update a couple of days ago. Would a complete uninstall and re-install help? If so, would I lose my current progress on my project if I did?

Kenn_Kaii

PostWed Mar 17, 2021 2:50 pm

I got an email yesterday saying a reply was made to my question for help, but there is no reply posted. Just want to follow up and make sure something didn’t go wrong on your end.

Dwaine Maggart

Blackmagic Design

PostWed Mar 17, 2021 7:29 pm

Can you send a link to a Resolve project archive of the test project you did with the single video clip?

Not likely a Resolve reinstall would affect anything. But you can try, just to see.

This is the proper and safe way to uninstall the Resolve app. This method leaves all your user and project data intact. This is NOT what we refer to as a clean uninstall, which does remove all your data.

Open the Windows Control Panel and select Programs and Features. Right click DaVinci Resolve and select uninstall. That will uninstall the Resolve app (but leaves your data intact). Then run the Resolve installer to reinstall.

Using any other method to uninstall Resolve puts your user and project data at risk. This includes Windows cleanup utilities and registry cleaners.
Dwaine Maggart

Kenn_Kaii

PostWed Mar 17, 2021 8:31 pm

As you predicted, the reinstall didn't work.

Here is the project archive: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... sp=sharing

Dwaine Maggart

Blackmagic Design

PostThu Mar 18, 2021 1:27 am

A project archive includes the source media. Unfortunately, yours has no source media. Making it no so helpful to compare performance.

Can you provide a link to the 2021-03-16 17-38-34.mp4 file?
Dwaine Maggart

Kenn_Kaii

PostThu Mar 18, 2021 3:16 am

Here is the file to the video. It is big because it was recorded from a stream and cut smaller.

Source media: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1XFkgE1 ... sp=sharing

guy.taylor.gatton

PostFri Mar 19, 2021 5:04 pm

Hi Dwaine,

I’m having a problem with opening my DaVinci Resolve 16 and was wondering whether you could help me - I’ve tried several different solutions and nothing seems to work!

The problem started when I tried to generate optimised media in my project and then suddenly stopped halfway through. After this point, every time I tried to save the project, it said Resolve failed to save it. Then I got a message from the computer saying the system storage was full so I tried to delete the optimised media from inside Resolve as well as outside, in the file explorer. This didn’t seem to work so I just closed the project without saving it, however after this point Resolve would not open at all.

Things I have tried:

Restarting the computer
Installing DaVinci Resolve 17 (was on 16 before)
Uninstalling and reinstalling Resolve 17
Opening task manager (but Resolve wasn’t listed anywhere)
The compatibility troubleshooter
Checked for OFX plugins (I don’t have any)

I generated a log file to upload, however I am unable to upload it as it says the file size is too large (436mb).

I’d really appreciate any help you could give me as nothing seems to be working!

64-bit Operating System, Windows 10

I7-8700 CPU @ 3.20GHz 3.19GHz

16.0GB RAM

GeForce GTX 1070

Driver type: DCH 461.40

Dwaine Maggart

Blackmagic Design

PostFri Mar 19, 2021 5:55 pm

In a File Explorer window, go to:

C:\Program Files\Blackmagic Design\DaVinci Resolve

and run CaptureLogs

This will place a Resolve log file named similar to this on your Windows desktop: DaVinci-Resolve-logs-20181228_140434.zip (You may not see the .zip extension if your system is set to hide known extensions).

Then open Windows System Information and do a File - Save (Not a File Export), which will generate a .NFO file.

Place both those files on a file sharing site and provide links to the files here.

If you are a new Forum user, you may not be allowed to post URLs. If this happens, just put a space near the front of the URL, so the system doesn't think it's a URL.
Dwaine Maggart

guy.taylor.gatton

PostFri Mar 19, 2021 6:16 pm

Hi Dwaine,

Thank you for such a speedy response!

https:// drive.goo gle.com/drive/folders/1P2XqolyWq0yCjwZ3NflFQaLYUyaS9xHF?usp=sharing

This has the .nfo and the log files - let me know if you have trouble accessing it.

Best,
Guy

Dwaine Maggart

Blackmagic Design

PostFri Mar 19, 2021 7:06 pm

@kennen: I've relinked your project to the file you sent, and I'm getting good playback performance on my Windows 10 system with a GTX1050Ti card. Which is much less powerful than your RTX 2070 Super.

I initially had an earlier NVIDIA driver installed. I installed the 461.72 driver that you are using, just in case, and that had no effect. Everything is still good.

I'm switching pages and scrubbing the timeline, and I'm seeing no lag issues at all.

You project didn't have any audio tracks in the timeline, just the video track. I deleted that from the timeline and dragged the clip back on, so it had all the audio tracks. It still plays and scrubs without issue.

I've got the clip on an internal spinning drive, and you've got it on your SSD C drive, so it would seem that it's not a storage throughput issue. But if it's not a storage issue, I don't know what else it could be. That's why the OneDrive thing sprang to mind.

You don't have any other heavy apps running at the same time? Maybe close the browser and any other big apps, and see if that has any effect.
Dwaine Maggart

Dwaine Maggart

Blackmagic Design

PostFri Mar 19, 2021 7:36 pm

@Guy: Your config.dat file has somehow become corrupt. Fortunately, the backup copy looks good.

In File Explorer, go to this folder:

C:\Users\mtwoo\AppData\Roaming\Blackmagic Design\DaVinci Resolve\Preferences

Delete the config.dat file.

Make a copy of the config.dat.bak file.

Rename that copy config.dat

Now Resolve should launch. If it doesn't, send another Resolve log and NFO file.
Dwaine Maggart

Kenn_Kaii

PostSat Mar 20, 2021 2:53 am

I don't have any other big apps running in the back. But when I run Davinci Resolve and open the task manager, is it normal for the power usage to be this high? My computer tends to sound loud when running the app and it never use to.

I currently have no projects of importance anymore. Would a full/clean uninstall possibly work? It's kind of the last option I feel like.
Attachments
Task manager .png
Task manager .png (63.47 KiB) Viewed 13753 times

Dwaine Maggart

Blackmagic Design

PostMon Mar 22, 2021 10:31 pm

Yes, it's normal for Resolve to show high power use in the Power Usage column.

If you don't have any projects you care about, or you've got important projects exported as .drp files, then you could try a clean Resolve install. If that doesn't help, then a clean Windows install might.

To do a clean Resolve install (WARNING: THIS WILL WIPE ALL YOUR USER AND PROJECT DATA!!!)

Uninstall Resolve, using the Windows Programs and Features control panel. While you are in that control panel, uninstall any other DaVinci Resolve related items.

Then check this folder:

C:\Program Files\Blackmagic Design

There should be no DaVinci Resolve folder there. The uninstall should have made that go away. But if it is still there, delete it.

Then delete this folder:

C:\ProgramData\Blackmagic Design\DaVinci Resolve

Now run the Resolve installer. You will be doing a clean install. The onboarding video should run, then it will offer to do some setup for you. Let it do that setup. Then see how it runs.
Dwaine Maggart

Kenn_Kaii

PostTue Mar 23, 2021 4:52 am

Followed those step and my projects were still there for some reason and the app was still running laggy. How would I go about doing a clean Windows install?

Dwaine Maggart

Blackmagic Design

PostTue Mar 23, 2021 6:34 am

If your projects are still there, then you didn't follow those steps properly.
Dwaine Maggart

Kenn_Kaii

PostTue Mar 23, 2021 6:47 pm

Followed the steps dozens of times and it still wasn't working, because I wasn't getting the onboarding screen and the projects were still there.

I installed a program that uninstalls all stubborn files (because I thought some still might be in here) and when I reinstalled Davinci again I was beginning to get the onboarding screen and my projects were gone, but Davinci was still running how it was previously when I opened it. Extremely laggy for me still.

I guess this confirms that the last Windows Update did do something to my PC where this wont run as intended.

Dwaine Maggart

Blackmagic Design

PostTue Mar 23, 2021 7:35 pm

My bad. Your database was in this folder:

C\Users\c_pan\AppData\Roaming\Blackmagic Design\DaVinci Resolve\Support\Resolve Disk Database

And in addition to the 2 folders I said to delete, I also should have said to delete this third folder:

C\Users\c_pan\AppData\Roaming\Blackmagic Design\DaVinci Resolve

But now that you've apparently done that, perhaps reinstalling Windows would be something to try.
Dwaine Maggart

Kenn_Kaii

PostWed Mar 24, 2021 6:58 pm

Unfortunately not even reinstalling Windows fixed it. Which I thought it would. Guess the problem is much deeper.

I feel like we're out of options and it's too much of a headache for me at this point to continue. But I want to thank you for all your help. I appreciate it.

Technoguy505

PostMon Mar 29, 2021 4:15 am

I've literally done everything. (I'm on Resolve 17 and have tried moving back to 16 too.) I saw on a video to ask for someone named Dwane? always crashes on "looking for control surfaces" I have unplugged literally everything (INCLUDING MY MOUSE AND KEYBOARD). In the video, he said to export logs, however, I can't even get logs to work. it says they were created on my desktop however nothing happens :cry: . I can't delete resolves internal files because I have one specific project that I ABSOLUTELY cannot lose. That's the whole reason I'm on here instead of trying to figure it out on my own. System specs are 16GB of ram, Ryzen 7 2700x AMD Radeon rx580 (Latest driver). Literally, anything you can do to help would be greatly appreciated.

Dwaine Maggart

Blackmagic Design

PostMon Mar 29, 2021 6:42 pm

If your Desktop is on OneDrive, that can cause the manual CaptureLogs script to fail.

Download the attached zip file and extract it. Contains this file: CaptureLogsOneDrive.bat

Copy this file to C:\Program Files\Blackmagic Design\DaVinci Resolve and then run it.

We also want a Windows System Information .NFO file. Open the Windows System Information app, and select File - Save to create the .NFO file.
Attachments
CaptureLogsOneDrive.zip
(903 Bytes) Downloaded 173 times
Dwaine Maggart

SarahS

PostWed Mar 31, 2021 12:56 am

Hi Dwaine!

I need your help. I can't get DaVinci to open and I've tried everything on Scott Fichter's YouTube videos (except deleting the filerepository folder -- there are two, and I'm not sure which to delete).

Compy specs: Windows 64bit, i9, 64GB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 with Max Q design

Recently purchased this new computer to be able to edit more efficiently in DaVinci Resolve without as much lag and crashing. I installed version 17 beta and it worked great, then started to have more and more problems: lagging, crashing, and now it won't open at all.

I've attached the capture log file below. Can you take a look and let me know what you think?

Cheers,
Sarah

Impala

PostFri Apr 02, 2021 7:00 pm

@Dwaine Maggart

I need your help. I can't get DaVinci to open and I've tried everything on Scott Fichter's YouTube videos.(i might of missed 1 or 2 of the steps he listed bc they didn't work, so if u think that one of the steps he listed would help ill try it again)

Computer specs: Windows 64bit, i5 16GB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650.

I got up to the last step and I whenever I try to open capture logs this pops up

zip I/O error: No such file or directory

zip error: Could not create output file (C:/Users/Teali/Desktop/DaVinci-Resolve-logs-20212803_ 33309.zip)

Ty.

Dwaine Maggart

Blackmagic Design

PostFri Apr 02, 2021 11:02 pm

@Liam: if you look up the thread a couple of posts, you'll see my March 29th post on how to solve the CaptureLogs issue.

@Sarah: There was nothing attached to your post.

To both of you: In addition to the Resolve log file, we also need the Windows system info .NFO file, which is created by opening the Windows System Information app, and selecting File - Save.
Dwaine Maggart

Impala

PostSun Apr 04, 2021 11:26 pm

@Dwaine Maggart

Hello again ty for the response I have attached the the resolve logs and will have another post for the second, because it says i can only have a max of 2MB.

resolve logs-
DaVinci-Resolve-logs-20210504_ 71458.zip
resolve logs
(546.82 KiB) Downloaded 162 times

Dwaine Maggart

Blackmagic Design

PostMon Apr 05, 2021 4:29 pm

That's why we recommend you put the files on a file sharing site and provide links to the files.
Dwaine Maggart

Impala

PostWed Apr 07, 2021 3:30 am

@Dwaine Maggart

Hello again sorry about that still new to computers and stuff. i have attached both of the files now.

Resolve logs- download/file.php?id=43661

NFO File- https://drive.google.com/file/d/10wDwuc ... sp=sharing
Attachments
DaVinci-Resolve-logs-20210704_132548.zip
Resolve logs
(546.82 KiB) Downloaded 148 times

Impala

PostThu Apr 15, 2021 5:00 am

@Dwaine Maggart

I have posted a reply. please get back to me as soon as u can. ty (if u are already doing it and it just takes a while, take ur time)

Big John

PostThu Apr 15, 2021 1:32 pm

Dwaine - please can you answer the following question from the engineers at Intel as soon as possible:

' Since you are still in touch with DaVinci Resolve developer support team, have you checked on what was the potential root cause? Is there any special requirement for this software? Like using a non-DCH driver?'

Many thanks in anticipation of a speedy reply,

Best wishes,

John

Dwaine Maggart

Blackmagic Design

PostFri Apr 16, 2021 8:02 am

@Liam: You need to move the display from the onboard graphics port, to the GTX 1650 card.

Any displays you want to connect, need to be connected to the GTX 1650 card.

Don't connect any displays to the onboard graphics ports.

If you still have an issue after doing that, send another NFO and Resolve log file.
Dwaine Maggart

Dwaine Maggart

Blackmagic Design

PostFri Apr 16, 2021 8:03 am

@John: Sorry, I don't have an answer to that question. That would require a response from someone smarter than me.
Dwaine Maggart

Big John

PostFri Apr 16, 2021 11:59 pm

Hi Dwaine,

Thanks for the honest answer - I appreciate that.

Is there any chance you could have a word with someone at BMD who would know??

If it is the presence of the Intel drivers on a dual graphic laptop that is causing the problem then it would appear, as you have suggested before, that the earlier drivers were fine and allowed the program to start without problem.

Intel are keen to resolve this problem - any help that anyone at BMD can give will be useful and maybe this problem can then be sorted which I am sure will make life easier for you.

If your design engineers wish to contact Intel - then I can give you the report code so that they can talk at design level rather than going through me.

Best wishes,

John

rednaz07

PostSat Apr 17, 2021 9:43 pm

@Dwaine Maggart

Hey there,

Unfortunately, my studio version of Davinci Resolve all of the sudden won't open. Version 16 was working perfectly but as soon as I decided to upgrade to 17 it has been crashing multiple times a day. I've been dealing with it as I didn't save my version 16 files so I didn't want to downgrade and lose all my work. As of today though, after crashing it won't launch at all. I tried following all the steps laid out by Scott Fitcher in his video but nothing has helped. I have created the two files I see you have requested from other users.

Davinci Resolve Logs: https:// drive.google.com/file/d/1uGTuvErkfCpQJUgMHzlBPzRfxF93TKqU/view?usp=sharing

Windows File: https:// drive.google.com/file/d/1TzNav3oV9GhGeGDrtWL4MpGFLFUBtMNF/view?usp=sharing

Any help would be greatly appreciated = )

rednaz07

PostWed Apr 21, 2021 10:14 pm

Hi Dwaine,

Just checking in. I tried sending you a private message as well but for some reason it's not leaving my Outbox = / I dropped off my computer at a PC Repair store but they were unable to help me with the problem of Davinci Resolve not opening. At this point, I'm completely stuck... Checking this forum multiple times a day in hopes that I'll hear from you. Thank you!

Big John

PostWed Apr 21, 2021 11:37 pm

One thing you might try is if you are using a dual graphics machine - try disabling the Intel graphics and then see if resolve will start?
Whilst this won't cure the problem it might get you going temporarily.
This is an ongoing problem.

rednaz07

PostThu Apr 22, 2021 12:47 am

Hi John,

Thank you for the reply. I only have one graphics card = /

GPU: RTX 3090
CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X
Motherboard: AMD B550

Big John

PostThu Apr 22, 2021 11:56 pm

Hi Alexander,
so there is no onboard intel graphics?
Maybe Dwaine can help you although he seems to have somewhat disappeared for some time.

I am in the process of trying to get a resolution (if you will excuse the pun) when Resolve won't start.
Disable the onboard Intel GPU and the program starts, whilst it is running, enable the Intel graphics and it still continues to work.
Close Resolve ....and it will not start.
Intel have become involved especially as BMD appeared to be blaming them ....one thing they suggested was to remove the Intel GPU completely...then when I shut the computer down - Windows put the Intel GPU back ...but with an earlier driver from 2019....and the Resolve worked without any problem.
Unfortunately the next Windows 10 update put in the latest driver ....and of course Resolve would not start.

I don't think that will be of any use to you ....but there are at least three different posts running - all with Resolve not starting ...maybe look through all of them?

Good luck

Dwaine Maggart

Blackmagic Design

PostMon Apr 26, 2021 10:24 pm

@Alexander: Your config.dat file is corrupt. We keep a backup copy, but it's also corrupt. I don't know how or why that happened.

Go to this folder:

C:\Users\redna\AppData\Roaming\Blackmagic Design\DaVinci Resolve\Preferences

Delete the config.dat and config.dat.bak files that are there.

In your case, the .config.data file is also corrupt, so delete that as well.

Unzip the attached file. It unzips into a config.dat file. Place the config.dat file in the folder above.

Also make a copy of the config.dat file and call it config.dat.bak in the folder above.

Resolve should start.

The config file I've provided has your default cache and stills folder set to C:\Users\redna\Videos

This may not be the folder you previously had selected. If not, fix that in Resolve Preferences - System - Media Storage.

At any rate, even if this folder is correct, still open Resolve Preferences and do a Save. That will recreate the corrupt .config.data file.

For anyone else reading this, the path above and the attached zip file is configured for this specific system. Don't use the attached file on a different system.
Attachments
config.zip
(1.22 KiB) Downloaded 143 times
Dwaine Maggart

rednaz07

PostTue Apr 27, 2021 12:48 pm

THANK YOU DWAINE!!!

tswayyy

PostSun May 02, 2021 11:18 pm

Hi Dwaine,

I’m having a problem with opening my DaVinci Resolve 16 and was wondering whether you could help me - I’ve tried several different solutions and nothing seems to work!

The problem started when I tried to generate optimised media in my project and then suddenly stopped halfway through. I repeated this process trying over and over and it just kept stopping so I closed it and tried to restart, After that it just won't open no matter what.

Things I have tried:

Restarting the computer
Installing DaVinci Resolve 17 (was on 16 before)
Uninstalling and reinstalling Resolve 17
Opening task manager (but Resolve wasn’t listed anywhere)
The compatibility troubleshooter
Checked for OFX plugins (I don’t have any)

I generated a log file to upload, however I am unable to upload it as it says the file size is too large (436mb).

I’d really appreciate any help you could give me as nothing seems to be working!

64-bit Operating System, Windows 10

I7-8700 CPU @ 3.20GHz 3.19GHz

16.0GB RAM

GeForce GTX 1070

Dwaine Maggart

Blackmagic Design

PostWed May 05, 2021 3:06 am

We need the Resolve log. And we also need a Windows System Information .NFO file. Generate that by opening the Windows System Information app, and selecting File - Save.

Then put both the files on a file sharing site, and provide links to the files here.

New users are not allowed to post URLs. Assuming that will be the case for you, put a space near the front of the URL, so the system doesn't see it as a URL.
Dwaine Maggart

tswayyy

PostWed May 05, 2021 5:57 am

I am so sorry, I thought that I had included them and thanks so much for the help Dwaine, I really appreciate it. Here are the files I hope I made them right. Also I don't know if you meant a space between the letters or just at the beginning of a new line so I'll do both to be safe

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... sp=sharing

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1-QCKNU ... sp=sharing

(Now I'll send them again but spaced out )

https:// drive.google.com/drive/folders/1bCy9m5WaqBj4uhpAYrjAwWl2Tnnb3EHO?usp=sharing

https:// drive.google.com/file/d/1-QCKNUwHH_lard0b-fuZVRZXnm-GgUA1/view?usp=sharing

Dwaine Maggart

Blackmagic Design

PostWed May 05, 2021 6:16 pm

Your config.dat file is corrupt. We keep a backup copy, but it's missing. I don't know how or why that happened.

Go to this folder:

C:\Users\ta\AppData\Roaming\Blackmagic Design\DaVinci Resolve\Preferences

Delete the config.dat file that is there.

Unzip the attached file. It unzips into a config.dat file. Place the file in the folder above.

Also make a copy of the file and call it config.dat.bak in the folder above.

Resolve should start.
Attachments
config.zip
(1.19 KiB) Downloaded 136 times
Dwaine Maggart

tswayyy

PostThu May 06, 2021 5:23 am

Everything's back up and running. Thank so much man! I've been so stressed over this!

legatissimo

PostThu May 06, 2021 5:37 am

Dear Dwaine,

I have tried many solutions from Scott Fichter, but my DaVinci Resolve 17 still doesn't run.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled twice, restarted and shut down the computer, but it still doesn't work. I'm working on an urgent video that needs to be up in 20 hours. I really need a speedy help.

The ZIP file (the logs) is big, around 444 MB and therefore can't be attached here. How do I send it over?

I try to put the link here without the https://

drive.google.com/file/d/1-S6umxnpdcA7UxwcGueoAnBiG7-3uDz8/view?usp=sharing

Dwaine Maggart

Blackmagic Design

PostMon May 10, 2021 6:57 am

Your config.dat file has become corrupt. Fortunately, the backup file is OK.

In File Explorer, go to this folder:

C:\Users\mswang\AppData\Roaming\Blackmagic Design\DaVinci Resolve\Preferences

Delete the config.dat file.

Right click the config.dat.bak file and select Copy.

Then right click in the folder and select Paste.

Rename the file copy to config.dat

Resolve should now launch. Start a new project. Then open Resolve Preferences and select the Save button.

Now things should be OK.
Dwaine Maggart

abiharden

PostTue May 18, 2021 1:37 am

Dwaine, do you think you could help me to get Davinci 17.2 to work? I've tried everything with no success. Read through numerous forums. I used to have an older version of Davinci, until one day it just wouldn't load and I kept getting the Davinci unexpectedly quit notification on my Mac. Uninstalling and redownloading, among many other attempts of things, isn't working.

I'll attach my logs and Mac specs.

Thank you so much!

-Abi
Attachments
image.png
image.png (96.23 KiB) Viewed 12861 times
DaVinci-Resolve-logs-20210517-213605.tgz
(83.59 KiB) Downloaded 133 times

Dwaine Maggart

Blackmagic Design

PostTue May 18, 2021 5:25 pm

Your config.dat file is corrupt. Fortunately, the backup file is intact.

In Finder, go to this folder:

/Users/abitackett/Library/Preferences/Blackmagic Design/DaVinci Resolve

Trash the config.dat file.

Duplicate the config.dat.bak file.

Rename the duplicate to config.dat

Now it should launch. If not, send another log.
Dwaine Maggart
PreviousNext

Return to DaVinci Resolve