Decklink Duo 2 no video input suddenly

Do you have questions about Desktop Video, Converters, Routers and Monitoring?
  • Author

jayjones

Decklink Duo 2 no video input suddenly

PostThu May 07, 2020 1:25 pm

Hi all,
Recently built a PC for Vmix with a Decklink Duo 2 in it. Basically the reference build - Windows 10 with latest updates, Asus X570 board, Ryzen 3600 processor, Geforce 1660. Running 1080i.

Installed the latest BM software with Vmix this morning, all was working fine with connector 1 for output and 3 for input. Restarted the machine a couple of times and now it only outputs; I can't see any of the inputs at all. I didn't make any changes to the input format or device either.

Desktop Video Setup is recognising the card correctly but isn't reporting any input, and Media Express isn't seeing anything on any input. Vmix is also picking up the card and can output, but selecting any of the inputs results in a black screen.

I've tried a Sony EX3 and Decimator outputting 1080i as sources, both with the same result. Both are outputting as I've plugged them into a screen and another Decimator to verify the format, both with the same cable.

Thanks in advance for your help.
Last edited by jayjones on Thu May 07, 2020 1:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Xtreemtec

Re: Decklink Quad 2 no video input suddenly

PostThu May 07, 2020 1:54 pm

Are the ports still configured into Single Link In or Out mode?? Check connector settings in desktop video.
Daniel Wittenaar .:: Xtreemtec Media Productions ::. -= www.xtreemtec.nl =-
4K OBV Trailer, ATEM TVS HD, 4M/E Broadcast Studio 4K, Constelation 8K, Hyperdeck Studio 12G, Ursa Broadcast 4K, 4K fiber converters with Sony Control

jayjones

Re: Decklink Duo 2 no video input suddenly

PostThu May 07, 2020 2:18 pm

Sorry - it's not a Quad 2, it's a Duo 2, I've changed the title. Too much staring at screens today! Thanks for your reply.

There's no in/out single link mapping, but the connector mapping is below. I can't see a way to force it to input and output modes in Desktop Video, do these cards auto sense?

(1) SDI 1
(2) SDI 3
(3) SDI 2
(4) SDI 4

Xtreemtec

PostThu May 07, 2020 4:07 pm

No it does not auto sense, it does what Vmix tells it to be.

BUT to run each connector as a seperate port. You have to config each port in Desktop video to be a "SDI 1 is In or Out" port And not "SDI 1 is In Sdi 2 is Out"
Or SDI 1-4 is IN

Because a wrong port config will lead to Config error when you try to add the port in Vmix. ;)
Daniel Wittenaar .:: Xtreemtec Media Productions ::. -= www.xtreemtec.nl =-
4K OBV Trailer, ATEM TVS HD, 4M/E Broadcast Studio 4K, Constelation 8K, Hyperdeck Studio 12G, Ursa Broadcast 4K, 4K fiber converters with Sony Control

jayjones

PostThu May 07, 2020 4:18 pm

Thanks. I can see in Desktop Video the only config options you can change are in the tabbed page with Video Output, Conversions, Connectors, About at the top.

For example, under Connectors for (1), I have the options 'SDI 1 & SDI 2' or 'SDI 1'. Presumably setting it to SDI 1 means in can be an input or output, and SDI 1&2 is mirrored outputs.

I've got a feeling it's a dodgy card though, in testing I've eliminated everything else in the setup and plugged just an EX3 and an SDI monitor into it with short bits of known good SDI. Desktop Video occasionally picks up the input, but I can't see anything in Vmix or Media Express. A few minutes ago, Vmix picked up the camera without me changing anything, and then lost it again.

The same camera is perfectly fine plugged into the screen directly with the same cable, so I can probably assume the card's at fault.

The motherboard only has two X8/16 slots, the other of which is taken up by the graphics card so I can't change slots to see if that's the issue.

Thanks for your help on this.

iffamusyafa

PostMon May 11, 2020 11:11 pm

same with me, i cant see input on OBS, Media Express, Desktop Studio All input normal and show the video, but im try for different Platform like Skype, Zoom All Video Conference can detec BMD Capture but not Showing the video :|

KayDeeR

PostWed Jan 13, 2021 12:26 am

Ladies and Gentlemen....I had this problem and immediately came to this forum. It seems no answer soluton was given. Well I went in to Windows "DEVICE MANAGER" located Decklink Duo 2 #1, disabled it and then "ENABLED" it and ...VOILA!!! Video on all for port inputs.

lnlcmedia

PostThu Apr 08, 2021 1:30 am

output with SDI input.PNG
output with SDI input.PNG (350.59 KiB) Viewed 4595 times
I have a problem in that only a 1/4 sliver of the input shows up in vmix when the input is added. Maxed Win 10 on Dell G5 gamer laptop. I have the problem capturing the full output. Looks like the image is also split within the sliver. I've tried all the settings in vmix to get. It works from one camera that is sending both NDI and SDI signal. Comes in fine into Vmix as ndi input. its just the SDI thru the Decklink Duo 2.

Return to Post Production