Jump to: Board index » General » Fusion

Nodes wont connect

Learn about 3D compositing, animation, broadcast design and VFX workflows.
  • Author

fredsvard

Nodes wont connect

PostSun Apr 11, 2021 3:50 am

I just got the Studio version and Im trying to follow some tutorials. In the tutorials, users drag text nodes to createbumpmap nodes, and text or mattecontrol nodes to pemitter nodes. This doesnt work for me, the nodes wont connect. I found a solution for the text to createbumpmap node problem, someone made a code that you can paste to create a node with a working input.

Is this a known bug, that nodes wont connect as intended in Resolve 17?

Bryan Ray

Re: Nodes wont connect

PostSun Apr 11, 2021 4:42 pm

Fusion has a few different data types. Most inputs and outputs are Image, but there are some exceptions.

I'm not sure why CreateBumpMap wouldn't work for you—it has an Image input and should take a connection from most Fusion tools. Unless perhaps you were actually using a Text3D node, which outputs 3D Scene data instead of Image.

pEmitter has to be placed in a specific mode in order to show an Image input. If you set Region (in the Region tab) to Bitmap, it will take an Image or Mask, but if I remember correctly it will only care about the Alpha channel of that Image. If Region is set to Mesh, it will take only a 3D Scene as input and will reject any Image or Mask.
Bryan Ray
http://www.bryanray.name
http://www.sidefx.com

fredsvard

Re: Nodes wont connect

PostSun Apr 11, 2021 7:54 pm

Thanks. It seems others have this issue too. The code I found worked, it allows me to paste a code instead of the createbumpmap. But it took a long time to figure that one out. I'll try again with pEmitter, but I had the same problem when I imported premade settings and used those pEmitter nodes.

A completely different question: Is 30% CPU and 40% GPU usage normal while rendering and caching? Ryzen 3600, GTX1080, B450 MB.

Return to Fusion