Resolve won't start

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

Dwaine Maggart

Blackmagic Design

Re: Resolve won't start

PostTue Jan 19, 2021 11:28 pm

The devs read these posts. I'm sure they'll take your data into consideration.
Dwaine Maggart
Blackmagic Design DaVinci Support

Big John

PostWed Jan 20, 2021 1:11 am

Thanks Dwaine - much appreciated.

Big John

PostSun Jan 31, 2021 1:27 am

The Developers it would appear do not read down as far as here!!

Other journalists are now becoming involved and are contacting their contacts at Blackmagic Design to see if they can get a resolution to this ongoing problem.

I would appear that the Intel Graphics only stop Resolve from staring up - once the program is up and running re-enabling the Intel Graphics does not stop the program from working...but once stopped it will not restart.

Surely this is something that your developers should be able to get to the bottom of - it is certainly not doing Blackmagic's reputation much good.

Maybe Dwaine you can escalate this to a higher level or maybe even senior management???

Your help would really be appreciated and maybe stop a great number of posts appearing on this Forum.

Dwaine Maggart

Blackmagic Design

PostMon Feb 01, 2021 9:58 pm

I'm also frustrated by the Intel GPU issues. The dev team is aware.
Dwaine Maggart

Big John

PostTue Feb 02, 2021 1:06 am

Thanks Dwaine - your help and interest is appreciated,

Big John

PostFri Feb 26, 2021 1:04 am

24 Days - and no further response .
It would appear that the developers don't read this far down a post and leave it to poor Dwaine to try and pacify the unfortunate users on the forum.
Hopefully my other path to try and get a resolution (if you excuse the intended pun)via my press colleagues will have more success.
Hopefully we shall see.

KEENDAVID333

PostTue Mar 02, 2021 6:14 pm

Okay, you guys I did this by accident after reading the form and going through frustration I made it a short video. I'm hoping this helps a few people out there let me know. See Video here. --->

Code: Select all
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/JARUudePllo" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Big John

PostTue Mar 09, 2021 1:19 am

I just can't understand why the software designers seem to be stumped by this problem which is affecting a good number of people.
The program won't run - and when you call up the Task Manager - it would appear to be running as there is memory usage.
If you temporarily disable the Intel Graphics driver....then Resolve starts up without any problem.
Whilst the program is running if you then enable the Intel Graphics - Resolve continues working without problem!!
Close the program and then of course it won't restart,,,,so the problem appears to only occur at start up.
Surely this should be sortable??

Big John

PostMon Mar 29, 2021 11:47 pm

Installed 17.1 and it is exactly the same - starts when Intel driver is disabled.

itay ozari

PostWed Apr 07, 2021 6:39 am

Hi

Davinci resolve latest version won't open on my computer,
tried a large number of suggested solutions,

please help me

attached is my LOG files

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... sp=sharing

Dwaine Maggart

Blackmagic Design

PostWed Apr 07, 2021 6:17 pm

You apparently didn't try the main suggestion, which is to update the NVIDIA driver.

You have an old driver installed which does not support Resolve 17.

Update to the current NVIDIA driver for your RTX 2070 card at the NVIDIA Driver update site.

If you still have issues after that, provide another Resolve log AND a Windows System Information .NFO file.
Dwaine Maggart

BeVannoy

PostSat Apr 10, 2021 11:31 pm

Hi Dwaine,
Thank you for all the help you are providing us on this forum! We are so lucky to have you here solving our problems.

I am having the same issue. I have been running DR 17 on an Asus gaming laptop running Windows 10. The program opened yesterday morning just fine, then a few hours later it loaded the project manager, when I selected a project it went to a black screen, then I restarted my computer and was never able to load the program again at all.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled the program a couple of times and followed all of the steps suggested by Scott Fichter and unfortunately arrived here. I have updated to the newest version of NVIDIA Studio Driver, I have disabled the other driver during a previous issue, I have run in Win 8 compatibility mode, run as an admin, currently have no peripherals running.

Please find my Capture logs here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1NmEdIH ... sp=sharing

Thank you for any help you can provide!

parksanim

PostSun Apr 11, 2021 11:57 am

Hello all...

I had the "won't start" issue with version 16 and 17, and I seem to have fixed it after trying some suggestions. I also had problems with resolve working at less than 50% speed in editing and rendering -- and only if I ran Resolve in Windows 8 compatibility mode.

I'd just like to reiterate what I did which seems to have me back to normal on version 16, anyway.

The culprit seemed to be a cloud HDD drive (My IPTIME NAS system). Someone suggested that removing cloud drives from the machine might help, and that seems to have done it for me. I'll just have to remember to turn the cloud drives off whenever I use Resolve. I'm now rendering at 155 to 190fps on version 16 again, which is great.

Dwaine Maggart

Blackmagic Design

PostSun Apr 11, 2021 11:25 pm

@Breanna:

Your system was working on 4-9 at 6:20 AM.

At 2:26 PM, it was not working. You had updated the NVIDIA driver from 461.72 to 461.92. And while you have 2 displays connected to the NVIDIA GTX 1650 at 6:20, you now had one display connected to the onboard AMD graphics port. Having the display connected to the onboard graphics port appears to be the main reason Resolve was unhappy. You need to have any displays connected to the 1650 card.

At 2:50 PM, you had moved the single display to the 1650 card, but GL extensions still failed to load, preventing Resolve from starting.

What was different? Apparently the NVIDIA driver update to 461.92. Did you install the Studio version or the Game Ready version of 461.92?

Reinstall the NVIDIA 461.72 Studio driver, and see what that does. When you run the 461.72 driver installer, select the Custom install option, and select Clean install.

After 461.72 is installed and you've (likely) had to do a system reboot, launch Resolve and see if it loads. If it does, then there may be something about the 461.92 driver that is causing an issue, even though it works fine on my system with a GTX 1050Ti card. But maybe some interaction with the AMD CPU or iGPU. Let us know if it now works.

If Resolve still won't laod, generate another Resolve log. And in addition to that, run the Windows System Information app, and select the File - Save menu to generate a .NFO file. Send us both files.
Dwaine Maggart

BeVannoy

PostMon Apr 12, 2021 2:10 pm

Dwaine,
Thank you for responding right away! I have been just sick to my stomach.

When I am in my home office I have two external monitors. I then had to travel a little and so tried to work on the laptop only.

For the NVIDIA driver update: I used the Studio version - after troubleshooting earlier issues before I make sure to never use the game-ready.

I will connect displays o the 1650 card, reinstall the driver by your instructions for a clean install, reboot, and go from there - and will update you.

Thanks again for your response!

BeVannoy

PostMon Apr 12, 2021 2:28 pm

Dwaine,
You really are a miracle worker!

I was going to test the program after each suggestion you made. Here is what I did.

I switched over my monitors to the 1650 card. Changed the NVIDIA Power Management Mode to "Prefer Maximum performance" and thought I'd test the program and it loaded just fine, and more quickly than I'd experienced before.

I will keep your other solutions handy in case I need them in the future, but you've solved my problem.

Thank you thank you thank you!

Have a great week!

Big John

PostTue Apr 13, 2021 11:47 pm

As the program will start if the Intel graphics are disabled - then I have gone down the road of getting Intel involved in trying to resolve the situation.

They have been very helpful with trying out new drivers - one test we did was to remove the driver and then restart the machine,

Windows 10 then put in an old Intel driver ....and Resolve started up without a problem!

Whilst - yes I could leave that driver in....however the next Windows update would then automatically replace it with the latest version .....and the problem would be back.

All this information is being used by Intel in the hope that we can get some resolution to this ongoing problem .....although why on earth BMD haven't been talking too Intel about it is beyond me.

Let's hope it can be sorted - then Dwaine's workload will no doubt get much lighter!

Big John

PostThu Apr 15, 2021 1:22 pm

Dwaine - please can you answer the following question from the engineers at Intel as soon as possible:

' Since you are still in touch with DaVinci Resolve developer support team, have you checked on what was the potential root cause? Is there any special requirement for this software? Like using a non-DCH driver?'

Many thanks in anticipation of a speedy reply,

Best wishes,

John

Dwaine Maggart

Blackmagic Design

PostFri Apr 16, 2021 8:03 am

No, I can't.
Dwaine Maggart

adanehy1

PostWed Jul 28, 2021 2:46 pm

Hello Dwaine,

I have been working on Resolve for a while now and for some reason this morning it just stopped working. I uninstalled, re installed, restarted and fully shut down my computer. Here is the link to the shared files, I am not sure how to get the NFO file, but I have included the capture logs Zip.

Thanks so much!

mask2107

PostThu Jul 29, 2021 8:52 am

Hi Dwaine
Ty for all the support you are providing here. I am also encountering a similar issue while launching Davinci resolve17(15 was working fine) Iam afraid I might lose all my data and months of work if I uninstall and try to revert back to an earlier version.
I am attaching the links for the required files. Please help me with this mess as my work is suffering dearly. I have already tried a lot of stuff as dictated and exhibited on youtube and the forum itself and finally arrived here. I believe this is my last hope.
Expecting a response soon and extending my gratitude for all your concern and time.

links:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/13Fw430 ... sp=sharing
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1YdEDWr ... sp=sharing

P.s. A blue circle appears for a while and then disappears without launching the programme. ALso, I can't find resolve in my task manager.

Dwaine Maggart

Blackmagic Design

PostTue Aug 10, 2021 12:58 am

@Arron: It appears that Resolve hates the current Intel iGPU driver you have installed. Perhaps Windows updated it.

I would suggest you go to the Lenovo support site for your laptop, and download their current Intel iGPU driver: 27.20.100.8729 and install that.

If that doesn't help, you may need to use DDU to uninstall the Intel driver, and then install the driver above. DDU uninstall instructions are here:

viewtopic.php?f=21&t=119852&hilit=+ddu#p659861
Dwaine Maggart

Dwaine Maggart

Blackmagic Design

PostTue Aug 10, 2021 1:12 am

@Ashish: Your config.dat file is corrupt, which is preventing Resolve from starting.

That files lives in this folder:

C:\Users\ashish\AppData\Roaming\Blackmagic Design\DaVinci Resolve\Preferences

There is a config.dat.bak file there as well, and it appears to be OK.

So delete the config.dat file.

Then right click the config.dat.bak file and select Copy.

Then right click in an empty area of File Explorer and select Paste.

That should create a file called: config.dat - Copy

Rename that file to config.dat

Now Resolve should launch.
Dwaine Maggart

AntonPalmqvist

PostSat Sep 11, 2021 11:45 am

Just wanted to chime in and share how I got my Dell XPS 15 9560 (GTX1050) working.

Nothing else in this thread worked, and I didn't want to go the DDU route to avoid messing things up.

I installed the Intel Driver Support Assistant and then installed the latest driver from there, which at the moment is version 30.0.100.9864

Now Resolve works for me, and I didn't even have to force my Nvidia GPU to be the preferred one. This way I can keep my laptop cool and quiet and let it decide when to use the Nvidia GPU when needed.

Gingeros

PostMon Sep 27, 2021 9:26 am

Hi,

I can run Resolve 17.3.1 on my Lenovo P53s with a Nvidia Quadro P520.
This is my work laptop, and therefore I also use a Lenovo Docking Station.
When I connect to the Docking station to use multiple monitors, Resolve will show the Projects, but when opening an old or new one, it doesn't generate the interface. I can hover the Menu items and open these (like Preferences).

When I disable the Docking Display Driver, it works - but only on the laptop main display.
Can I somehow make Resolve work with my Dock connected?

Would be a way better way or working!
Thanks in Advance!

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1RVHtQ9 ... sp=sharing

Alexander
Attachments
device manager.jpg
device manager.jpg (11.66 KiB) Viewed 10163 times

AllanL

PostWed Oct 27, 2021 9:00 pm

Hi Dwaine,

Please could you help with my problem. DaVinci Resolve (17.4) will now not start up. I have followed an excellent video from Scott Fichter and have tried all the options he details. He has suggested getting in touch with you. Usually Davinci Resolve works fine on my PC. I have attached a link to the Capture Log.

Thanks in advance.

Allan

www dropbox.com/s/m9crw2oz64kxjlm/DaVinci-Resolve-logs-102021_212132.zip?dl=0

Dwaine Maggart

Blackmagic Design

PostThu Oct 28, 2021 6:05 am

I wish Scott would tell people we ALSO almost always need a Windows System Information .NFO file, and that would be helpful in this case.

But I'm pretty sure you just need to update the Intel UHD620 graphics driver.

If the Lenovo support site doesn't have a more up to date driver (and they probably don't) you'll need to go to the Intel graphics driver web site. I'd suggest you run their app that will check your system and suggest the appropriate driver to install.

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en ... phics.html
Dwaine Maggart

AllanL

PostThu Oct 28, 2021 9:35 am

Good morning Dwaine,

Thank you very much for your very quick response. I've tried updating the graphics driver from Lenovo with no success. Intel could not update the driver either. I attach the windows system information file. I really don't understand why DaVinci Resolve has suddenly stopped working. I've never had trouble with it before.
Thanks for your help in advance.

Allan

www dropbox.com/s/56tqe8dpngky4l6/WINDOWS%20SYSTEM%20INFORMATION%20FILE.nfo?dl=0

Dwaine Maggart

Blackmagic Design

PostFri Oct 29, 2021 8:04 am

Your Intel UHD620 driver is version 23.20.16.4973. This is from February of 2018. Apparently from Microsoft. And I see that's the same driver that Lenovo has on their support site for your notebook PC.

You are going to need to update that to a current version.

Have a look at this Intel page on how to remove the current driver and install the new driver:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en ... phics.html
Dwaine Maggart

AllanL

PostFri Oct 29, 2021 8:10 am

Good Morning Dwaine,

Thank you very much for your help with my issue. It is very much appreciated.

Kind regards

Allan

CraigKokay

PostTue Nov 30, 2021 3:53 am

I've just upgrade to Windows 11 and all worked well until I applied the latest patch to Davinci Resolve 17 and now it won't open. Just keeps crashing.

@Dwaine are you able to help I have followed all available steps I can find for troubleshooting.

Regards, Craig
Attachments
DaVinci-Resolve-logs-20213011_142724.zip
Resovle logs
(426.94 KiB) Downloaded 137 times

Dwaine Maggart

Blackmagic Design

PostWed Dec 01, 2021 10:48 pm

I'd need a Windows System Information .NFO file to assist further. Open the Windows System Information app and select File - Save to generate the .NFO file.

But it looks like 17.4.2 doesn't like the Intel iGPU driver.

As a test, uninstall Resolve using the Windows Control Panels - Programs and Features panel. Right click DaVinci Resolve and select Uninstall. This will not affect any of your existing project or config data.

Then install Resolve 17.3.1, and see if that still works.
Dwaine Maggart

Nanayamichan

PostSat Dec 11, 2021 1:02 pm

Hey.
Using an Asus tuf F15 laptop, and had this issue.
It started up if I went into the device manager and killed the inter uhd display under displays.
But then it crashes anyway as I start a project. What could this be? And is there a fix incoming anytime soon for the "laptop" problem?
Amazing program, use it a ton on my desktop and really love working with it. So, thought I'd get a laptop to be able to bring some stuff..

Laptop Asus tuf F15 (2021) which has, an I5 11400h, 16gb ram and rtx 3050ti.
Installed on C drive ofc.
Windows 8 compatible didn't work. Allocated some virtual memory, didn't help. I've also ofc set my pc to always use the rtx card for Davinci.
Think I might have another issue if I get as far as to click open a project? But I'm not sure.

Thanks for your time.

Molby242

PostWed Jan 05, 2022 9:52 am

Hi Dwaine, thanks for taking your time to help us all out.

I think my situation is slightly different from others in that I'm running an AMD system (Ryzen 5800H 8c/16t) instead of Intel.

After first downloading DR17, the program opened briefly and asked me for configurations for my project, then did absolutely nothing afterwards. Trying to open the program gives me a spinning blue wheel for a quick second before doing nothing afterwards. I can't locate any other instances of DR running in the Task Manager.

I've uninstalled/reinstalled several times and now DR won't even open the initial configuration screen. Other troubleshooting steps I've taken after reading through this thread:
-Updated Nvidia GPU driver to latest version (Studio version)
-selected Nvidia GPU as preferred GPU in 3d Settings from Nvidia Control Panel
-selected Nvidia GPU as preferred in PhysX settings
-added custom preference for DR17 for Nvidia GPU in Windows display graphics settings
-No Windows Firewall, disabled pre-installed McAfee firewall
-Ran compatibility troubleshooter and attempted to open DR with Windows 8 settings
-Ran TCP port scanner script
-No USB peripherals connected

I've also tried disabling the AMD GPU, which let DR17 run briefly, before crashing when I attempted to create a project. I didn't know to try and grab the capture logs during that attempt.

Now that I know about capture logs, when I run it, it won't create any .zip files only my desktop, and an error message stating no files were created pops up. I've attached a screenshot for what I see when attempting to run the capture log. I have included the .nfo file.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1OIXGAG ... sp=sharing

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ssJxdm ... sp=sharing

and for anyone else who might be trying to help and curious, system specs:
2021 HP Omen
AMD Ryzen 5800H (8c/16t)
Nvidia Geforce RTX 3070 (AMD Radeon integrated)
32GB RAM
1TB SSD

Dwaine Maggart

Blackmagic Design

PostTue Jan 11, 2022 1:59 am

CaptureLogs is likely failing because you have your Desktop on OneDrive.

Unzip the attached file.

The zip contains this file: CaptureLogsOneDrive.bat

Copy this file to C:\Program Files\Blackmagic Design\DaVinci Resolve

Then run CaptureLogsOneDrive.bat

This should create the log file.
Attachments
CaptureLogsOneDrive.zip
(903 Bytes) Downloaded 125 times
Dwaine Maggart

Molby242

PostSun Jan 16, 2022 3:07 am

Dwaine Maggart

Blackmagic Design

PostMon Jan 17, 2022 10:29 pm

I would suggest you remove the AMD iGPU driver using DDU. Then see if Resolve will start.

The link below describes using DDU to remove an Intel driver. Process is the same for an NVIDIA or AMD driver:

viewtopic.php?f=21&t=119852&hilit=+ddu#p659861
Dwaine Maggart

mbrightman

PostWed Feb 02, 2022 6:52 pm

DR won't start! I have had quite a week with technology... Dropping off my tower to work out the graphics card / power supply issue. So, I need to get my laptop up and running. It definitely meets all of the specs, and did open davinci and render my project yesterday morning. After that, it all started going downhill.

During the SketchUp 2022 install, I got a popup that said something like "SketchUp needs to undo something that Davinci did". I agreed because I needed SketchUp to finish the project. I am rather certain it was a default graphics card setting...

Now back to Davinci and it crashes every time on startup.

I have tried uninstalling, reinstallling, updating drivers, rolling back... I think it has something to do with CUDA, or CULA, or Open GL...

Any guidance would be very much appreciated. Would love to get this video chopped up into YouTube shorts while my main machine is in the shop.

Maybe a more direct question, anyone know how to do a complete wipe of Davinci and get back to those fresh install screens?

I followed some instructions on creating the zip log file, but my gut feeling is that it didn't work right... It is too large to upload, so here's a link... https://workdrive.zohoexternal.com/exte ... a42907e5d9

Thanks for your consideration!

Dwaine Maggart

Blackmagic Design

PostThu Feb 03, 2022 4:04 am

You are correct. The log generation process didn't work very well. Got enough to see that you have an Micro-Star MS-16Q2 laptop. Looks like you have the proper NVIDIA driver installed. We'd need a proper Resolve log and a Windows System Info .NFO file to help further. Detail below:

In a File Explorer window, go to:

C:\Program Files\Blackmagic Design\DaVinci Resolve

and run CaptureLogs

This will place a Resolve log file named similar to this on your Windows desktop: DaVinci-Resolve-logs-20181228_140434.zip (You may not see the .zip extension if your system is set to hide known extensions).

Then open Windows System Information and do a File - Save (Not a File Export), which will generate a .NFO file.

Place both those files on a file sharing site and provide links to the files here.

If you are a new Forum user, you may not be allowed to post URLs. If this happens, just put a space near the front of the URL, so the system doesn't think it's a URL.
Dwaine Maggart

BryGuy

PostMon Feb 07, 2022 9:50 pm

Hi Dwaine Maggart,

I've been trying to get my Davinci Resolve 17 to start. I don't get a loading screen and I can see in the Task Manager that it has been "Suspended" before it crashes. (I feel like I've tried every option at this point so I'm reaching out on the forum.)

First and foremost I've tried to run the "CaptureLogs.bat" file to create a log for you but I'm seriously struggling to make those files not hidden on my new windows 11 machine. (any guidance here is greatly appreciated)

Second, Here's a link to NFO drive. google. com/file/d/1-HYNCAa0OxlMjyOfA15oy5yasWLw4jXU/ view?usp= sharing

Here's what I've tried so far:

1. Multiple complete uninstalls and reinstalls of Resolve. Went and made sure to delete any remaining Black Magic folders as well.

2. Unplugged all peripherals and used hardwired mouse and keyboard.

3. Made sure that Resolve is setup to select my GPU in System>Display>Graphics changed to "Power Saving Mode" (also tried High Performance Mode)

4. Ran DDU as I saw you advised and did a complete uninstall and reinstall of my AMD GPU Driver. (Restarted Several times as I did with the other steps)

5. Ran Resolve in Compatibility Mode for Windows 8 (saw this worked for some)

7. Increased my virtual memory as recommended here in a Mini tool forum

I honestly am at my wits end, I need help. I do realize the "CaptureLogs.bat" is going to help you I just can't for the life of me figure that part out.

Please help, I bought an $2000 system just to be able to better run your software,

Brian Gould
brian.gould86@gmail.com

Dwaine Maggart

Blackmagic Design

PostWed Feb 09, 2022 11:38 pm

Open the Windows 11 Add or remove programs window (which opens Apps > Apps & features).

See if anything like this is installed:

Intel CPU Runtime for OpenCL Applications

If it is, remove it, and see if that helps. I don't think this will be the case with an AMD GPU, but that's what the NFO errors looks like.

CaptureLogs.bat should work on Windows 11, but if you have your Desktop on Windows OneDrive, it will fail. In that case:

Unzip the attached file.

The zip contains this file: CaptureLogsOneDrive.bat

Copy this file to C:\Program Files\Blackmagic Design\DaVinci Resolve

Then run CaptureLogsOneDrive.bat

This should create the Resolve log file. Send us that.
Attachments
CaptureLogsOneDrive.zip
(903 Bytes) Downloaded 118 times
Dwaine Maggart

rubux3818

PostFri Feb 25, 2022 5:03 pm

Hi, so recently I have changed pcs and installed Davinci on my new one and I installed it like normal. When I finished installing, Davinci started up, asked for my preferences and I closed it after I was done because I needed to transfer my media from my other computer for editing. When I attempted to open Davinci again it would not open. I checked task manager and Davinci got suspended before it got closed. I have tried basically everything. I followed a video through the whole thing

I attempted to make a log file but when I do it says it is saved to my desktop but it doesn't show up anywhere.

Dwaine Maggart

Blackmagic Design

PostFri Feb 25, 2022 6:13 pm

If there were no errors when CaptureLogs ran, the file will be in your Desktop folder.

It will look something like this: DaVinci-Resolve-logs-20181228_140434.zip (You may not see the .zip extension if your system is set to hide known extensions).

If there were errors when you ran CaptureLogs, try the CaptureLogsOneDrive file from the message above.
Dwaine Maggart

rubux3818

PostFri Feb 25, 2022 8:41 pm

By any chance is the capture log file thing supposed to do this?

I will use a substitute software while I figure out a solution to this problem.

taycehebert

PostSun Feb 27, 2022 3:26 pm

I recently installed Resolve. I got a message saying install sucessful. Then I got the welcome tour/video but after that Resolve did not open.

Please help :)

I installed DaVinci Resolve 17 for windows.

I have read through a few other threads on Resolve not starting and have followed those instructions to do a clean install, but keep getting the same result of getting the welcome tours after installing, but Resolve not starting after that.

Any help would be very much appreciated.

Thank you, Tayce

overflag

PostMon Feb 28, 2022 1:30 am

Hi Dwaine,

Thank you for all the help you are providing on this forum.

I have also been trying to get my Davinci Resolve 17 to start, but with no success. Here is my hardware setup:

Acer Aspire F 15;
GPU: Intel HD Graphics 650 + Nvidia GeForce 940MX 4GB VRAM;
CPU: I7-7500U 2.7GHZ;
RAM: 16GB DDR4.

Here's what I've tried so far:

1. Clean uninstalls and reinstalls of Resolve;
2. Unplugged all peripherals;
3. Updated my GPU;
4. Ran Resolve in Compatibility Mode for Windows 8 and 7;
5. Ran Resolve in Safe Mode;
6. Ran DDU as advised for the Intel drivers (it helped a bit, but the software crashes after creating a new file).

Also, here's the link to the folder with NFO and CaptureLogs.bat log files: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... sp=sharing

Peter Chamberlain

Blackmagic Design

PostMon Feb 28, 2022 1:41 am

taycehebert wrote:I recently installed Resolve. I got a message saying install sucessful. Then I got the welcome tour/video but after that Resolve did not open.

Please help :)

I installed DaVinci Resolve 17 for windows.

I have read through a few other threads on Resolve not starting and have followed those instructions to do a clean install, but keep getting the same result of getting the welcome tours after installing, but Resolve not starting after that.

Any help would be very much appreciated.

Thank you, Tayce

please review the faqs
DaVinci Resolve Product Manager

Dwaine Maggart

Blackmagic Design

PostMon Feb 28, 2022 7:05 pm

@Raul: If you have this setting in your NVIDIA Control Panel, set it as per the screen shot and see if that helps.

prefer_high_performance.jpg
prefer_high_performance.jpg (230.31 KiB) Viewed 8153 times
Dwaine Maggart

overflag

PostTue Mar 01, 2022 1:10 am

Hi Dwayne,

Thank you for the reply.

I changed the Nvidia settings and also reinstalled the Intel Graphics drivers through Intel's site instead of the Acer one. Now it's working!

Thank you for the support!

taycehebert

PostWed Mar 02, 2022 2:44 pm

Hello my name's Tayce and i'm not quite sure how forums exactly work so I hope someone can see this. I downloaded DaVinci Resolve 17 and I cant seem to start this program. I have all of the system requirements, my driver is up to date I have tried unplugging everyone of my usb's and starting the program but no luck, I have no VPNS running, I have turned off my windows fire wall and tried to start it but nothing, I have tried the compatibility trouble shooter, the TCP port scanner script, and I cant seem to get the application up and running. Any help would be much appreciated because this program looks wonderful and I have no clue on what to try next. I tried to leave a url of my log files but it says urls are not allowed so i apologize. :)
PreviousNext

Return to DaVinci Resolve