Audio Issue in nested timelines

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

drafeirha

Audio Issue in nested timelines

PostWed Apr 14, 2021 6:30 pm

Hello everyone,

I am encountering a strange and very frustrating bug in Davinci Resolve Studio 17.1.1 Build 9.

I am working on a documentary that is over 20 minutes long. In order to keep a clean main timeline, I am editing the different scenes inside their own separate timeline, which I then want to combine in the main timeline to make the final film. When I play back the timeline clips inside the main timeline, the audio skips, as if there were weird jump cuts, when of course there are none.

Now I thought this was merely a playback issue, but turns out these "audio jumps" are rendered out as well. And the audio even jumps from left to right at some places, it's an utter mess.

The audio is also delayed by a few frames. When I put a rendered version of my timeline audio under the audio of the nested timeline, the latter plays about half a second later even though the wave forms line up perfectly.

When I select all the clips inside the nested timeline, put them into a compound clip and use this one in the the main timeline instead of the nested timeline, it seems to work fine. However the problem is that Audio Track effects and volume are not copied into the compound clip, which eliminates my mix when working with compounds.

Has anyone else encountered this issue and is there any solution to it?

Thank you!

Jim Simon

Re: Audio Issue in nested timelines

PostThu Apr 15, 2021 5:39 pm

I've seen others report this, but I was never able to duplicate it.

All I can think to suggest is don't nest, Copy/Paste instead.

Return to DaVinci Resolve