group questions

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

Rick van den Berg

group questions

PostThu Apr 15, 2021 7:43 pm

i 2 questions about working with groups:

1: I have alot of clips on the timeline which i would like to transform to exactly the same spot on the screen. the clips contain alpha channels (keyed greenscreen footage). when i assign them to a group, and apply a transform to the node (post or pre clip), it seems it doesn't really work how i would like. the footage moves "within" the alpha channel. same happens with shared nodes. I'm not sure if it can be done with groups/nodes this way. or can it? or is there a different way to share/clone the same transform? as a workaround i could just copy paste the attributes, but it would be way more convenient to have control over all clips at the same time, if i want to make a correction for example.

2: can i assign a group to a group? to illustrate what i want; i have like 50 clips which i want to give the same grade, and groups are perfect for that. then i have 50 others, and 50 more, etc. then i would like to have the flexibility of manipulating them all together. So like assigning all those group to one "master group". There is of course the timeline grade, but that also affects things like graphics, which i want unaffected.

2: As an alternative to question 1, is there a way to share nodes between fusion comps?

Jim Simon

Re: group questions

PostFri Apr 16, 2021 3:58 pm

1. I think maybe Compound Clip would be the better approach here.
My Biases:

You NEED training.
You NEED a desktop.
You NEED a calibrated (non-computer) display.

Return to DaVinci Resolve