Multicam Clips are zoomed in and cropped on playback?

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

DanorG1

Multicam Clips are zoomed in and cropped on playback?

PostFri Apr 16, 2021 4:05 pm

Hello,
After sending a project and its assets to a finishing editor multicam clips were displaying incorrectly on his machine. Those clips are zoomed in really far and adjusting the transform tools shows that they are also cropped. When he sent his project file to me and I opened it now I see it on my system. I opened the multicam clip in a timeline and none of the camera angles are scaled up. My original project file didn't have this problem.
I have attached a screenshot. You can see the multicam angles on the left, all full frame with no zoom/scaling. You can see the timeline viewer and transform tools on the right. I scaled it down to 77% and you can see that "Camera D" is cropped and zoomed in really far so the image is not playing back properly. I will try rendering this section of the movie to see if it's just a playback issue. But editing these scenes is not feasible with this playback problem.

This is a feature film and there are only a couple of scenes that use multicam because those scenes are based upon a youtube show where the actor uses multiple cameras to make his show. I deleted my render cache files to try and fix it, but to no avail. If anyone has experienced this please let me know if/how you solved the problem.

Thanks in advance for any help provided by the forum members.
Danor Gerald
Attachments
multicam zoom and crop problem.jpg
By zooming down you can see that the image is zoomed and cropped
multicam zoom and crop problem.jpg (663.65 KiB) Viewed 741 times
https://www.imdb.com/name/nm1658341/
iMac Pro 10 Core
Writer, Director, Actor
First Feature Film out in 2022 - "Grandpa's Crazy?"
Shot on Ursa Mini Pro G1 & PCC 4k & 6k
Edited in Davinci Resolve Studio 16 & 17

DanorG1

Re: Multicam Clips are zoomed in and cropped on playback?

PostFri Apr 16, 2021 4:56 pm

SOLVED: For anyone coming across this unique problem. I went to the delivery page to render out the multicam scene that was not playing back. That somehow refreshed the cache files and everything plays back normally now.
https://www.imdb.com/name/nm1658341/
iMac Pro 10 Core
Writer, Director, Actor
First Feature Film out in 2022 - "Grandpa's Crazy?"
Shot on Ursa Mini Pro G1 & PCC 4k & 6k
Edited in Davinci Resolve Studio 16 & 17

JakubNovak

Re: Multicam Clips are zoomed in and cropped on playback?

PostSat Oct 14, 2023 6:45 pm

My good sir, you have saved my keyboard from being smashed in anger. Cheers! :)

Return to DaVinci Resolve