Jump to: Board index » General » Fusion

Media out only shows checkerboard and fusion callout

Learn about 3D compositing, animation, broadcast design and VFX workflows.
  • Author

TonyBen

Media out only shows checkerboard and fusion callout

PostFri Apr 16, 2021 5:31 pm

Hello. I have been using DVR for a couple of months now and I'm now doing training videos for my company. I create callouts for informational purposes. I am stoked that BMD has added a callout title which should save me lots of time when making my videos.

I'm trying to use it and with media out set to view on the right screen, both left and right screens only show the checkerboard and the fusion item. I can't view the video behind it. I'm trying to position the text and the callout and I have to guess where it is, then go back to the edit tab to see if it's in the right spot or not.

What am I missing?

Thanks!
Tony.
Attachments
callout 2.PNG
callout 2.PNG (905.54 KiB) Viewed 1315 times
callout 1.PNG
callout 1.PNG (214.91 KiB) Viewed 1315 times

UserNoah

Re: Media out only shows checkerboard and fusion callout

PostFri Apr 16, 2021 8:40 pm

That's because the title is ONLY the title. There is no video being passed through to Fusion.

I'm not sure if you can drag and drop titles into the Fusion Page, but generally you need to right click on the video clip ( beforehand: trim the area you want your title to be/ create a compound clip out of several clips / or use an adjustment layer) and right click> Open in Fusion Page.

Then either drag and drop the title into the Fusion page, or if that doesn't work, jump to the Fusion comp of that title and copy the title from there.

SKYFORGER

Re: Media out only shows checkerboard and fusion callout

PostSun Apr 30, 2023 11:11 am

TonyBen,
I'm having the SAME problem. I've watched several Youtube videos and the YouTubers do show the media when switching from CUT or EDIT back to Fusion, and NOT a checkerboard. I've been spending the last 40 mins trying to find a solution. Just signed up for this forum when I saw your post.
Did you ever figure out what the solution is?
Thanks.

Return to Fusion