ATEM Mini Pro Extreme ISO with HyperDeck Studio Mini

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author

BulldogDrummond

ATEM Mini Pro Extreme ISO with HyperDeck Studio Mini

PostWed Apr 21, 2021 6:30 pm

I have the BMD ATEM Mini Pro Extreme ISO with HyperDeck Studio Mini as a network device. The Software control sees the HyperDeck and will play a video clip without issue. The problem is that I have 3 videos that I load onto card 1 and the software (and HyperDeck) only recognize the first clip on the SD card.

Software Control version: 8.61
HyperDeck version: 7.13 with applied updates as of April 20, 2021

In trouble shooting, I tried all 3 clips individually on the SD card (one at a time) they all play as expected., but when all 3 are on the SD it will recognize only the first clip loaded. All clips were rendered in DaVinci Resolve 17 with the exact same parameters.

Dimensions: 1920x1080
Codecs: Timecode, Linar PCM,Apple ProRes 422 HQ
Color Profile: HD (1-1-1)
Audio Channels: Stereo
Encoding software: Blackmagic Design DaVinci Resolve

I also tried loading the files via FTP and direct copy from my Mac to the SD card.

I'd appreciate any assistance you may give me.

Bill D.

Tim_Partridge

Re: ATEM Mini Pro Extreme ISO with HyperDeck Studio Mini

PostThu Apr 22, 2021 3:18 am

I assume your HyperDeck connects so the software can see it.

In software control you need to be looking at the Switcher from the bottom menu, and then select Media Players from the top right menu.

In the HyperDecks section you should be able to see a CAM mentioned then below that a number (probably 1) followed by a clip name.

Beneath that is some info about the clips and below that some video control buttons.

What happens if you click on the >| button? The clip number and name should change. (If you have been playing clips you may need to press the button twice.) Thsat should then set up the clip to play. The |< button selects an earlier clip. Alternatively the same buttons on the HyperDeck itself work in a similar manner.

Regards,

Tim

BulldogDrummond

PostFri Apr 23, 2021 1:52 pm

Tim_Partridge wrote:I assume your HyperDeck connects so the software can see it.

In software control you need to be looking at the Switcher from the bottom menu, and then select Media Players from the top right menu.

In the HyperDecks section you should be able to see a CAM mentioned then below that a number (probably 1) followed by a clip name.

Beneath that is some info about the clips and below that some video control buttons.

What happens if you click on the >| button? The clip number and name should change. (If you have been playing clips you may need to press the button twice.) Thsat should then set up the clip to play. The |< button selects an earlier clip. Alternatively the same buttons on the HyperDeck itself work in a similar manner.

Regards,

Tim

Good Morning Tim

Yes, I see a single clip in the CAM4 input where the HDM is connected. I can play from Software Control (only the single clip shows in the HD Player pulldown) or the play button on the Deck. Also if I double press the "next" button" on the unit, it jumps to the end of the clip but will not jump to the second or third clip on the card.

It's perplexing that if I put any one of the clips as the sole file on the SD they play just fine as I would expect. I didn't mention a couple of other items in my configuration. The card is a SanDisk Sdxc V30 128GB. Of course I am running MAC OS 11.2.3 on a Mac Mini with 32GB RAM and 1TB of storage (not that this info makes that much of a difference). I wouldn't think that the SD card is the issue since the "One" file at a time will play.

Thank you for your input though. It was good that you reminded me of the controls on the Deck and in the software control. A lot of head scratching going on here.

Thank You

Bill Drummond

MrMayhem

PostFri Apr 30, 2021 9:36 am

It is my experience that ALL clips have to be exactly THE SAME format (i.e QuickTime 422)
for them all to show up.

/Markus

mischek007

PostMon Sep 20, 2021 6:56 pm

The clips not appearing on HyperDeck gave me lots of headaches at productions... Hated it! Only now I found out a way to transcode content to make sure it is recognized by Hyperdeck: Use Davinci Resolve Free version, setup a master project with the settings of your switcher (say 1080p 25 fps) and set the export settings to prores 422 HQ. It will retime and scale whatever video file you put on your Davinci timeline and export it to prores 422 HQ 1080p 25 fps. And they show up on HyperDeck!

Return to Live Production