4K Extreme 12g in Mac 5.1

Do you have questions about Desktop Video, Converters, Routers and Monitoring?
  • Author

Marc Fisher

4K Extreme 12g in Mac 5.1

PostWed May 05, 2021 6:48 am

Has anyone had issues getting the 4K12g to work in a 5.1 Mac Cheese grater?

I just bought one and cant get it to show up in Mojave 10.14.6. I've tried the 12.0, 11.5.1 and now the 11.0 Desktop Video Installers. Uninstalling between each. I've also added the mini 6pin to 6pin power, just as a precaution, to the card. I was running an Extreme 3D card just before this, and had no issues. Did a PRAM reset, which, seemed to do something, as the CHime got louder..whoohoo.. another note, when i installed the 11.0 Desktop Video, it did seem to take longer to finish, and after clicking restart, i t took longer to do that.. i thought it hung, and was about to force shut down..but then it re started.. i was hoping the BMD software was updating the firmware on the card or something like that..

any info would be appreciated. thank you.

[edit:now have done the process of installing, 11.0, 11.1, 11.2, 11.3 as well]

5.1 cheese grater has:
(other than the GRFX slot)
Three open full-length PCI Express expansion slots
One PCI Express 2.0 x16 slot
Two PCI Express 2.0 x4 slots

jonstatt

Re: 4K Extreme 12g in Mac 5.1

PostSun May 09, 2021 9:37 am

There seems to be a bad batch of these. I had the same card not show up in a PC. Just no recognition of the card. Confirmed as not being a unique issue by the dealer.

What did trigger it to appear but not work right was connecting USB to the mini USB port on the side of the card while still mounted in the slot. This forced an update and after removing the USB but not powering the computer off it appeared in the drivers list but was not stable. A power down and restart made it disappear again.

Sent from my SM-N986B using Tapatalk

Return to Post Production