Batch export multiple timelines.

• Author

Muskettisoturi

Batch export multiple timelines.

PostThu May 06, 2021 8:47 am

I am currently editing a large ad project that consists of a total of 45 videos. Every video is of a different person and each of the videos is on a different timeline.

So basically I have a total of 45 timelines (One for each person) and currently I have to manually export the contents of each timeline.

It would be amazing if there would be a button that basically functions as a master export button. "Export each timeline using this deliver preset"

This would save me a ton of manual work, since now I have to manually click them to the render que, or one by one quick export them.

C.T. Bell

Re: Batch export multiple timelines.

PostThu May 06, 2021 5:01 pm

I'm not sure I 100% understand. You can queue up as many exports from as many timelines as you want, all with different export settings, hit Render All, and it will crank through all of them.
Resolve 17.2
Ryzen 2700x - 8 core
GTX 1070ti 8gb
32 Gig ram
Win 10

Mel Matsuoka

PostThu May 06, 2021 5:26 pm

C.T. Bell wrote:I'm not sure I 100% understand. You can queue up as many exports from as many timelines as you want, all with different export settings, hit Render All, and it will crank through all of them.

I think the request is for the queueing process to be a one-click process. Right now you have to manually load up each timeline first, then add it to the Render Queue.

I would like this feature as well.
Resolve Studio 16.2.7.010 / Decklink 4K Extreme (11.6) / MacPro5,1 (macOS 10.14.6, 3.5 Ghz 12-core) / 96GB RAM / Boot: 500GB SSD / COMPUTE+GUI: AMD Radeon VII / ATTO NT11 10GbE / SNS EVO NAS (10GbE)

brediknight

PostThu May 06, 2021 7:28 pm

+10000

This has been a LONG time feature request.

Yes. the ability to batch add to the Render Queue would be a HUGE help to versioning projects.

One can't save a Delivery batch. So if you clear it out or have to render a few individual ones, you may end up with multiples rendered overwrites if you just select all and clear status. To avoid this, we usually have to clear the delivery history and start over.

1. Batch Export to Last used or active setting in Delivery page.
2. Ability to save a batch

peterfox

PostMon Jun 21, 2021 11:36 am

+1 !!! We need batch export of multiple timelines with the same settings. Manually adding every timeline into the render queue is to cumbersome! Please fix this

eikonoklastes

PostTue Jun 22, 2021 7:10 am

I have 49 timelines in an on-going project, and was looking for the same thing. I found a tip that can do this, in the YouTube link below. Basically, you select all your timelines, right-click > Create Timeline from Selected. Then you render out that timeline as Individual Clips and use Source Names.

While it does automate the job, I lost out on Data Burn-ins for Source Clip name, so pick your poison.

Bottom line, I'm all in for this feature request. Blackmagic, please make setting up batches easier, without having to resort to workarounds like these.

Resolve Studio: 17.2.2 Build 4
GPU: GeForce GTX 2070 Super (driver version 471.11)

Return to DaVinci Resolve Feature Requests