Create collection of selected parts from records

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

Alwox1

Create collection of selected parts from records

PostFri May 07, 2021 5:21 pm

Hello everyone, I'm new here and also quite new to film making so sorry if my question is stupid but I really couldn't find any information about my problem but it sounds basic (maybe I just can't call it properly - I'm not native English speaker and also I don't know yet many technical words from film making).

So, I want to create a video combined from many long records. At first, I'm watching those records and I want to select parts that could be used in the final video. I was doing it by collecting parts on track but when there were quite many of them it was really hard to use it (for example I had 5 tracks to scroll less vertically to search for the part I want to put on the "final" track). I guess this is not the way it should be done but I couldn't find any info on how I can make a collection of parts from records. I know there is media pool but I can't cut videos there so it's not helping me because for example I can have 30min record and I will select let's say 3 parts from this each 1min and I want to operate on those parts.

xunile

Re: Create collection of selected parts from records

PostFri May 07, 2021 7:12 pm

I would suggest taking the training available on Blackmagic's site, here is a link to it.

https://www.blackmagicdesign.com/products/davinciresolve/training

The first video Introduction To Editing would help you with your issue.
Win 10 Home | Intel i7 - 10700f 64 GB 1 TB GB SSD 2 TB SSD
RTX-3060 12 GB | Resolve Studio 18.6.6| Fusion Studio 18.6.6

Win 10 Home | Intel Core I7-7700HQ 32 GB 1 TB NVME SSD 1 TB SATA SSD
GTX-1060-6GB | Resolve 17.4.6

Uli Plank

PostFri May 07, 2021 9:56 pm

And learn about subclips.
No, an iGPU is not enough, and you can't use HEVC 10 bit 4:2:2 in the free version.

Studio 18.6.5, MacOS 13.6.5
MacBook M1 Pro, 16 GPU cores, 32 GB RAM and iPhone 15 Pro
Speed Editor, UltraStudio Monitor 3G, iMac 2017, eGPU

Alwox1

PostSat May 08, 2021 11:25 am

Thank you guys! The training video was great however I didn't find there answer for that one problem but when I search for subclips I found YT video about this (I can't past link :c ) and it's exactly what I wanted ;)

Return to DaVinci Resolve