Fairlight Desktop Console HDMI Setup

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

Michael De Lazzer

Fairlight Desktop Console HDMI Setup

PostWed Jun 16, 2021 11:18 pm

Hi Guys,

To use the display capabilities of the Console, which is where the power of the Console lies, I need a monitor attached. Got it.

The HDMI out on the back of the Console will only work with a specific Blackmagic Design Monitor-- near as I can tell.

To use my computer monitor, because I don't have endless space for more screens, I need the Fairlight HDMI Monitor Interface, if I understand this correctly.

So I bought the Fairlight Interface-- and I can see it in the Davinci Control Panels Setup-- and the Console, too. But they aren't talking to each other.

Common sense tells me I need to assign the Interface Box to the same Group as the Console. But that box won't let me edit the name of the group, it's stuck at "None".

I can't see where I tell the Console to send it's video data to the Monitor Interface box.

The manual is not clear on this at all. I have read through the entire Fairlight Desktop Console section of the Resolve Manual, this is not addressed.

Any help is appreciated.

Peter Chamberlain

Blackmagic Design

Re: Fairlight Desktop Console HDMI Setup

PostThu Jun 17, 2021 2:51 am

The Desktop console provides HDMI and that's the only device needed as it feeds directly to your computer monitor.

If thats not working then we need to ascertain if its the console, cable or the monitor.

The Fairlight HDMI Interface is for use with the larger console and only when you have the Fairlight Console Channel Control.
DaVinci Resolve Product Manager

Return to DaVinci Resolve